Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Killing time (9/10)  (Read 25036 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing time (5/no max)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 05:41:03 am »

Go buy some leather gloves and a bowler hat, then go and drive more people around in my cab.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 06:03:51 am »

Wait. If he was alone, how did the police find out? I should probably have some time before the police is even informed, which I could use to drag the body into an alley and butcher it to make it unrecognizable and win some time. Which is what I was actually planning to do right now.
You can say you do this, but it is still a murder and the police WILL investigate any and all murders. Remember the more detail you give the better your result can be.
((It should still give me some time, but I'll make sure to give more detail the next time. I just wasn't expecting the police to be there so quickly.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 09:27:42 pm »

He woke up to one less person alive. Suburb 19 was now at 999 people. Shit, he slept through that. Only one thing to do about it!
Investigate Suburb 19 murder!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 01:16:42 pm »

It is June 2, 2020: Tuesday Morning.
Wait. If he was alone, how did the police find out? I should probably have some time before the police is even informed, which I could use to drag the body into an alley and butcher it to make it unrecognizable and win some time. Which is what I was actually planning to do right now.

If I can't then just go home, clean my tools, wash my clothes and have a rest.

[6] You get home and clean up your tools, wash you clothes, and sleep, unfortunately your cleaver left a blood trail. +1 to police roll

Sure, walk her home then go home.
[4]You walk here home and then go home and sleep yourself.

Rack my brain for victims that "deserve to die"- preferably criminals.
[3]Try as you might you cannot remember any criminals, but you think that there are some rich people the would qualify.

Go buy some leather gloves and a bowler hat, then go and drive more people around in my cab.
[6]You buy those items and drive some more people around, unfortunately most are near the police station. -$5

He woke up to one less person alive. Suburb 19 was now at 999 people. Shit, he slept through that. Only one thing to do about it!
Investigate Suburb 19 murder!
[7]You were so gun-ho to catch the killer that you accuse this man wife. -1 investigation for Dmitriy Petrov

Spoiler: Killers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inspectors (click to show/hide)

Important info:
20 suburb
1000 starting people per suburb
1010 in suburb 4
999 in suburb 19
5000 people in city center(downtown)
1 police officer per 100 people in suburb they live and work in their suburbs
1 police officer per 10 people in city center they live and work in the city center but can support suburb police
10 people move to the city at the start of everyday(morning)/will be allocated between the suburbs and downtown
law enforcement is trained back to mins at the beginning of every other day, next training(if necessary) On Wednesday
City is on the US West coast named Drane.
Drane has a tiny airport
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:19:37 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 05:31:35 pm »

Wake up! Flip a coin to decide if I should try to find monsters to slay or try to find a real job today. Regardless, keep at it until it's time for my date!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 06:23:52 pm »

Carolyn is the one who has an axe, Dmitriy uses a cleaver.

Go back to work at a butchery and try to earn some money.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 06:25:39 pm »

Fixed!
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »

Check on how the  job application  went, and then try to synthesize  a paralytic that can be applied by touch.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2018, 06:11:11 am »

Drive people around in the cab to make a lot of money.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 11:30:41 am »

He had failed so fucking hard, then. It was almost tempting to just off himself right there... He settled for retiring his current disguise. Because holy HELL that did not turn out well.
OOC: I did not anticipate that +1 giving me a fucking total of 7. Holy hell.
NEW DISGUISE
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2018, 11:35:44 am »

((Why not? It's a 1/6 chance. Same as rolling a 1 when you have no bonus to your roll. In fact, having a +1 effectively just replaced the 1 on your die with a 7. Depending on how the GM interprets a 7, this may be of questionable utility. Having a +2 effectively replaces the 2 on your die with an 8, which is of even more questionable utility because a 2 is usually safe while an 8 is almost certainly not.))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2018, 11:40:11 am »

It was just kinda unexpected. Just like, "Oh, I got buffed OVER-OVERSHOT oh ok"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 11:43:41 am »

((Well, that's what a straight +1 gets you. You trade a highly hazardous critfail for a highly hazardous overshoot.))

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 12:27:28 pm »

In this turn most everyone rolled a 2.

It is June 2, 2020: Tuesday Afternoon.
Wake up! Flip a coin to decide if I should try to find monsters to slay or try to find a real job today. Regardless, keep at it until it's time for my date!
[coin flip:heads hunt, tails job=heads][4]Your monster hunt has taken you to a mansion where supposedly a beast lives.

Go back to work at a butchery and try to earn some money.

[4] You go to a butchery and work(pay given at end of day).

Check on how the  job application  went, and then try to synthesize  a paralytic that can be applied by touch.
[job check=2]The job fell through.
[2]For the life of you, you cannot figure out how to synthesize a touch paralytic that does not affect the person that administers it.

Drive people around in the cab to make a lot of money.
[2]No one need a cab.

He had failed so fucking hard, then. It was almost tempting to just off himself right there... He settled for retiring his current disguise. Because holy HELL that did not turn out well.
NEW DISGUISE
[2]Your disguise kit was left at the office.
(if you did not have any +s you would have had a 5, tho there are ways to +s work in you favor even at a 5; I'll let you figure it out)

Spoiler: Killers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inspectors (click to show/hide)

Important info:
20 suburb
1000 starting people per suburb
1010 in suburb 4
999 in suburb 19
5000 people in city center(downtown)
1 police officer per 100 people in suburb they live and work in their suburbs
1 police officer per 10 people in city center they live and work in the city center but can support suburb police
10 people move to the city at the start of everyday(morning)/will be allocated between the suburbs and downtown
law enforcement is trained back to mins at the beginning of every other day, next training(if necessary) On Wednesday
City is on the US West coast named Drane.
Drane has a tiny airport
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:19:25 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2018, 12:34:16 pm »

Um, is the mansion supposed to be inhabited? Better knock. Don't want to blindly stumble into someone's home. And if it's inhabited and there's a monster in there, there's a chance I can get paid for this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17