Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons  (Read 4863 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:48:35 am »

DISCLAIMER: This game is a mega-crossover RPG based on a silly YouTube edit. It's for fun no matter how much gore and nightmare fuel I put in it. While the tone is more serious, it is not straight-faced and you are encouraged to have levity and enjoyment as the forefront. Thank you.

Spoiler: Storyline (click to show/hide)
And make sure to the watch the original video:

Yep. I'm finally doing another RPG. And I will at least get this one off the ground. So, welcome back! This game is inspired by my old Sadistic Holiday Demon game, but with a few quality of life changes. I will go down all that is necessary.
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

And now that the rules are done, here are the changes from the last RPG. For one thing, you are no longer restricted to characters and universes. Create OCs or pick any established character, real or fictional, to play as!

And as one final thing: a Holiday-Universe Roadmap!
Spoiler: Holiday Roadmap (click to show/hide)

Now, let's get started.

Players: 6/6
Yu (TricMagic), Miyako Koguchi (piratejoe), Brendan Collins (JakeParade), Hat Kid (Hotfire90), Glitch (FallacyofUrist), Taranza (Failbird105)

Waitlist: Infinite
King Zultan, Baton Tap (IcyTea31)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:44:38 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:51:21 am »

Post. Ich will Reader Lager!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:37 pm »

Name: Yu
Race: Half-Alf
Class: Enchanter(Int)
Personality: Calculating, and Loot-Happy.
Backstory: Visiting Generic Character from Log Horizon. Somehow, don't question Dimension stuff.

Starting Weapons: Alndif Staff
Starting Items: Bag of Holding(Holds stuff regardless of weight or size), Ring of Angelic Blessing(Grants Regeneration, Heal+1 to healing allies), Amulet of Worlds(6/10 chance of removing Status effects like Silence, Blind, Paralysis, or Sleep(Any mental effects) at end of the round. 2/10 chance of removing Physical Status effects(Poison, Stun, Bind, Paralysis(Any physical effect)) at the end of the round.)
Starting Abilities: Enchant Ally(Various), Heal(Targeted Heal), Restore Status(Remove Afflictions and Status Effects), Party Heal(Heal Entire Party, 3 turn cooldown), Burst Mana(Sphere of Mana is sent toward foe and Bursts violently against them.), Anchor Vines(Root target to a point on the ground beneath them. A large amount of Damage occurs when a vine(Max 5) is cut through an attack.), Happy Light(A summonable Familiar that gives off a variable light source, can summon up to three. They stick around the caster, but can be moved up to the limits of the caster's sight, or 30 Meters. Floaty and ghostlike, no direct combat utility.)
Ultimate Ability: Enchant All(All allies gain a 1-3 buff to all stats for that round, 6 turn cooldown), Full Restoration(Heals all members back to full health once per battle. Can revive those who died that battle, so long as the battle is not over. 3 Battle cooldown or Rest & Sleep)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:45 pm »

Name: Yu
Race: Half-Alf
Class: Enchanter(Int)
Personality: Calculating, and Loot-Happy.
Backstory: Visiting Generic Character from Log Horizon. Somehow, don't question Dimension stuff.

Starting Weapons: Alndif Staff
Starting Items: Bag of Holding(Holds stuff regardless of weight or size), Ring of Angelic Blessing(Grants Regeneration, Heal+1 to healing allies), Amulet of Worlds(6/10 chance of removing Status effects like Silence, Blind, Paralysis, or Sleep(Any mental effects) at end of the round. 2/10 chance of removing Physical Status effects(Poison, Stun, Bind, Paralysis(Any physical effect)) at the end of the round.)
Starting Abilities: Enchant Ally(Various), Heal(Targeted Heal), Restore Status(Remove Afflictions and Status Effects), Party Heal(Heal Entire Party, 3 turn cooldown), Burst Mana(Sphere of Mana is sent toward foe and Bursts violently against them.), Anchor Vines(Root target to a point on the ground beneath them. A large amount of Damage occurs when a vine(Max 5) is cut through an attack.), Happy Light(A summonable Familiar that gives off a variable light source, can summon up to three. They stick around the caster, but can be moved up to the limits of the caster's sight, or 30 Meters. Floaty and ghostlike, no direct combat utility.)
Ultimate Ability: Enchant All(All allies gain a 1-3 buff to all stats for that round, 6 turn cooldown), Full Restoration(Heals all members back to full health once per battle. Can revive those who died that battle, so long as the battle is not over. 3 Battle cooldown or Rest & Sleep)

A large variety of balanced abilities? I like this. Okay, Yu is accepted.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:24:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I made this at 5 in the morning and I haven't slept yet, so I hope I didn't screw up with my tiredness.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 12:19:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I made this at 5 in the morning and I haven't slept yet, so I hope I didn't screw up with my tiredness.

Well, okay then! Miyako is approved!

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 05:46:39 pm »

Name: Brendan Collins
Race: Human
Class: Grey-tide Assistant (+2 to agility. escaping from security is no joke!)
Personality: Slacker. Tries to get out of working, but when needed to he can buckle down and get shit done.

Backstory: Brendan Collins isn't anything special. He's not magical, not some soldier of fortune, he's just...him. His parents were both award winning scientists who held their son to high esteem, but when he failed to make them any semblance of proud, they kicked him out as soon as he was an adult. He made his life doing the bare minimum, signing onto all kinds of Space Stations as an assistant, doing not much that was helpful and generally being a nuisance to the skilled workers. One particular Station, simply known as Space Station 13, he signed up to be a part of a scientific experiment involving teleportation. Of course, it went awry and he ended up in a land unknown to him, with naught but his wits, tools, and laziness.

Starting Weapons: Crowbar. (Also takes up a slot in tool-belt, read below.) Hand made taser gloves made from insulated electrician's gloves.

Starting Items: Grey jumpsuit, Grey sneakers, Glove Slot: Hand-made taser gloves when turned off function as regular insulated rubber gloves meant for electrician work. Pocket 1: Bar of Soap, Pocket 2: Lighter, Belt Slot: Fully loaded tool-belt (Multi-tool, Wrench, Screwdriver, Welding Tool, Wire-cutters, Crowbar, Spool of wire.), Back Slot: Satchel (5/7 item slots full. Currently Contains: Gas Mask, Bottle of Vodka, Another bottle of Vodka, Greasy Unwrapped Cheeseburger, Half-Empty Med-kit.)
Brendan has special rules that deny him from just taking a whole bunch of shit and stuffing it in a bag of holding...Unless he actually gets a bag of holding. Game over man, game over. If you've ever played Space Station 13, you know how it is. Greatness, if you want me to explain this unique inventory system in detail, please ask.

Starting Abilities: Slip 'n Slide!: Brendan pulls the bar of soap (or another slippery object) out and throws it under an enemy's feet, tripping them! Can only be done if his bar of soap or another similar slippy item is in his inventory.
Run Away!: Brendan is just a regular dude. Because of this, he's also kind of a coward. Whenever he uses this, he gets a massive bonus to movement for the sole purpose of running away like a bitch.

Ultimate Ability: GREY TIDE STATION WIDE!!!: Brendan channels the spirit of all Greytiders, and shouts his war-cry, inspiring everyone. Himself and all allies currently in the battle gain increased movement speed, damage, and damage resistance for two turns as the spirit of absolute mayhem is imbued into them. He can only do this once a battle.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:59:17 pm by JakeParade »

Hotfire90

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 06:28:19 pm »

I'm awfully tempted to play as Hat Kid. Reserving my spot while I'm working on the sheet.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:53:35 pm »

Name: Glitch
Class: Stand User
Personality: Let's go with three sentences.
"Huh. Alright, do you really want to fight me? Alright, alright! LET'S SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT!"
"... yeah, I thought you'd do that."
"Fortune Days! Show him your power!"

Backstory: "No! So this is the true power of the Masked Man's Stand, Kaizo Trap! Antonio! I'm coming! ... just as soon as I find where here is."

Starting Weapons: Glitch prefers to use his Stand over using weapons.
Starting Items: Badass Blue Overcoat(armored), Silver Locket(hiding piece of a Stand Granting Arrow)
Starting Abilities:
Glitch is a Stand User, and commands the Stand Fortune Days, a mid-ranged humanoid type. Fortune Days is a bulky knight in green and black armor, using a pair of spiked gauntlets. Fortune Days is high in durability and strength, but low in precision and speed.
Fortune Days has the unique ability of sapping the luck from those it hits. Once something is hit by Fortune Days, it has bad luck in future depending on how many blows Fortune Days inflicted.
Fortune Days can also infuse something with the luck it stole to make it luckier, for example increasing the chance of an attack hitting or making dice hit a lucky roll.

Ultimate Ability:
Fortune Days possesses a Sub-Stand, Fistful of Silence. Fistful of Silence takes the form of a massively upsized gauntlet covered in purple eyes and with massive claws. Once per battle, Fortune Days can manifest Fistful of Silence and strike a foe with it, inflicting a massively enhanced physical blow and temporarily disabling most supernatural abilities they were using to defend.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 07:18:26 pm »

Hmm, I got a few character ideas... I suppose we'll just see if there's still space for me when I wake up. These games with really open character creation are what I live for.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 09:08:11 pm »

Name: Brendan Collins
Class: Grey-tide Assistant (+2 to agility. escaping from security is no joke!)
Personality: Slacker. Tries to get out of working, but when needed to he can buckle down and get shit done.

Backstory: Brendan Collins isn't anything special. He's not magical, not some soldier of fortune, he's just...him. His parents were both award winning scientists who held their son to high esteem, but when he failed to make them any semblance of proud, they kicked him out as soon as he was an adult. He made his life doing the bare minimum, signing onto all kinds of Space Stations as an assistant, doing not much that was helpful and generally being a nuisance to the skilled workers. One particular Station, simply known as Space Station 13, he signed up to be a part of a scientific experiment involving teleportation. Of course, it went awry and he ended up in a land unknown to him, with naught but his wits, tools, and laziness.

Starting Weapons: Crowbar. (Also takes up a slot in tool-belt, read below.) Hand made taser gloves made from insulated electrician's gloves.

Starting Items: Grey jumpsuit, Grey sneakers, Glove Slot: Hand-made taser gloves when turned off function as regular insulated rubber gloves meant for electrician work. Pocket 1: Bar of Soap, Pocket 2: Lighter, Belt Slot: Fully loaded tool-belt (Multi-tool, Wrench, Screwdriver, Welding Tool, Wire-cutters, Crowbar, Spool of wire.), Back Slot: Satchel (5/7 item slots full. Currently Contains: Gas Mask, Bottle of Vodka, Another bottle of Vodka, Greasy Unwrapped Cheeseburger, Half-Empty Med-kit.)
Brendan has special rules that deny him from just taking a whole bunch of shit and stuffing it in a bag of holding...Unless he actually gets a bag of holding. Game over man, game over. If you've ever played Space Station 13, you know how it is. Greatness, if you want me to explain this unique inventory system in detail, please ask.

Starting Abilities: Slip 'n Slide!: Brendan pulls the bar of soap (or another slippery object) out and throws it under an enemy's feet, tripping them! Can only be done if his bar of soap or another similar slippy item is in his inventory.
Run Away!: Brendan is just a regular dude. Because of this, he's also kind of a coward. Whenever he uses this, he gets a massive bonus to movement for the sole purpose of running away like a bitch.

Ultimate Ability: GREY TIDE STATION WIDE!!!: Brendan channels the spirit of all Greytiders, and shouts his war-cry, inspiring everyone. Himself and all allies currently in the battle gain increased movement speed, damage, and damage resistance for two turns as the spirit of absolute mayhem is imbued into them. He can only do this once a battle.

My dude, I love Space Station 13. Brendan is approved.

I'm awfully tempted to play as Hat Kid. Reserving my spot while I'm working on the sheet.

Reserved.

Name: Glitch
Class: Stand User
Personality: Let's go with three sentences.
"Huh. Alright, do you really want to fight me? Alright, alright! LET'S SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT!"
"... yeah, I thought you'd do that."
"Fortune Days! Show him your power!"

Backstory: "No! So this is the true power of the Masked Man's Stand, Kaizo Trap! Antonio! I'm coming! ... just as soon as I find where here is."

Starting Weapons: Glitch prefers to use his Stand over using weapons.
Starting Items: Badass Blue Overcoat(armored), Silver Locket(hiding piece of a Stand Granting Arrow)
Starting Abilities:
Glitch is a Stand User, and commands the Stand Fortune Days, a mid-ranged humanoid type. Fortune Days is a bulky knight in green and black armor, using a pair of spiked gauntlets. Fortune Days is high in durability and strength, but low in precision and speed.
Fortune Days has the unique ability of sapping the luck from those it hits. Once something is hit by Fortune Days, it has bad luck in future depending on how many blows Fortune Days inflicted.
Fortune Days can also infuse something with the luck it stole to make it luckier, for example increasing the chance of an attack hitting or making dice hit a lucky roll.

Ultimate Ability:
Fortune Days possesses a Sub-Stand, Fistful of Silence. Fistful of Silence takes the form of a massively upsized gauntlet covered in purple eyes and with massive claws. Once per battle, Fortune Days can manifest Fistful of Silence and strike a foe with it, inflicting a massively enhanced physical blow and temporarily disabling most supernatural abilities they were using to defend.

A Stand User with a unique power? I live for this! Approved.

Hmm, I got a few character ideas... I suppose we'll just see if there's still space for me when I wake up. These games with really open character creation are what I live for.

Would you like a reservation, or would you be fine with simply being on the Waitlist if you're too late?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 08:57:42 am »

Would you like a reservation, or would you be fine with simply being on the Waitlist if you're too late?
Well I would have wanted waitlist, but turns out I'm not late! I will still reserve just in case, but I don't think anyone will manage to make a character before I'm ready either way. It's effectively just down to choosing one of my ideas.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:01:58 am by Failbird105 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 09:29:06 am »

Spoiler: Hat Kid (click to show/hide)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 10:46:53 am »

Well I would have wanted waitlist, but turns out I'm not late! I will still reserve just in case, but I don't think anyone will manage to make a character before I'm ready either way. It's effectively just down to choosing one of my ideas.

Reserved!

Spoiler: Hat Kid (click to show/hide)
Approved!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 11:47:45 am »

Spoiler: Taranza (click to show/hide)

Sorry to crash this human(oid) party, but I need my Spider-boi. I considered bringing in Sam(from the movie Trick 'r Treat) for some real irony(Holiday Conquering Demons being contested by a Holiday Enforcing Demon), but I figured he was outside the acceptable level of power.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:55:41 am by Failbird105 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4