Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons  (Read 4782 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 09:57:53 pm »

Miyako would temporarily pause what she was doing and glance at the other people who seemed to be around her, mostly after they spoke. From what she could see, all but one was walking away to presumably the same place that she was told to go. Of them, there was only two of the five who stood out, the small...thing that vaguely looked like a spider and the man who looked like a janitor who, from what they said, seemed more aware about their situation than anyone else and was the only one other than her who wasn't running off.

She made the general assumption that either these were people in disguise to make her think she wasn't the only one taken to wherever she was or they actually were in fact taken here for some reason like her. For now, having little information to go off of she would be cautious but give them the chance to prove that they were actually dragged here more or less like her. Regardless, whoever they were, she wasn't going to tell or show them her little secret and for all they would know, she was just a human.

She would for now ignore the others who were leaving to blindly follow the orders they were told and focus on the only person still where they seemed to be taken first. Walking slightly closer and practically examining him for any weapons or tools he had from a distance before saying "You seem to know something. Why and how did we end up here and where are we?" She was direct and to the point, wanting some answers sooner rather than later, and answers from someone who wasn't possibly telling her to walk into a trap. Despite how she was clearly suspicious internally, the tone of her voice had a calm and neutral kind of tone, and the look on her face was similar.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 09:06:21 pm »

She would for now ignore the others who were leaving to blindly follow the orders they were told and focus on the only person still where they seemed to be taken first. Walking slightly closer and practically examining him for any weapons or tools he had from a distance before saying "You seem to know something. Why and how did we end up here and where are we?" She was direct and to the point, wanting some answers sooner rather than later, and answers from someone who wasn't possibly telling her to walk into a trap. Despite how she was clearly suspicious internally, the tone of her voice had a calm and neutral kind of tone, and the look on her face was similar.

Taking a few moments to process that someone was talking to him, he turned to look at Miyako. Looking at her up and down, he tightened his bright yellow gloves. Upon closer inspection, these gloves have been jury-rigged with batteries and wires to form some sort of rudimentary stun-gloves. On his heavy-duty tool-belt hangs a thick crowbar flecked with stains of blood on the tips. "Uh...I dunno about you guys but like, I was teleported here by an experiment done back on the Station...I think, anyway. I dunno if this is where they meant to send me but my head-set radio is gone so I can't ask them. So like..." He pointed towards the group of people walking away towards the park. "I'm gonna follow them. They look like they know where they're going. Laters, girl." He started off walking backwards and flashed double peace-signs, then turned around and jogged to catch up to Glitch. "Hey dude, nice coat!"

For the record, this counts as going to the park.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:14:25 pm by JakeParade »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 10:13:26 pm »

Looking at Miyako, the assistant named Brendan would see what looked like a mostly normal woman, the only thing that didn't exactly look normal being her red eyes and white hair, though both could easily be explained by mundane methods. Other than this, she was somewhat tall, had long hair, was wearing red and white clothing that looked somewhat traditional and certainly comfortable, and lastly, interestingly enough, had a few visible scars. If he payed particularly close attention he might see that she had something hidden on her person, that being her tonfa, but chances are he wouldn't notice it.

Still what he said helped to some extent. It confirmed that her assumption was true, but unfortunately whether or not they were actually taken here or were just acting was still up in the air at this point, and worse he was leaving now with all the others. At the very least if this was a trap they would be the ones to walk right into it instead of her, which would allow her to have an advantage and attack from behind if it was an ambush, free the others if it was a non lethal trap made to capture them, or at least not die if it was something like a mine field. Though that could be just what they wanted, relying on using her own natural distrust against her...

Either way she would follow the others to the park from a distance all the while being on guard.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 10:02:14 am »

Day 364: Close to the Beginning
Two Days Until Demonic Presence.
Main Mission: Awakening, Chapter One

After waking up, making small talk, and comparing information, the six intrepid travelers stand on their feet and make their way through the area. Like the alley suggested, the place is a veritable wonderland of technological and sociological growth. No matter their sex, creed, color, nationality, or agenda, humanity walks in tandem amongst the futuristic tech. Aside from the still-possibly innocent government campaign encouraging citizens to vote on a new Global Prime Minister (An older gentleman named Karl Walkins is currently in the lead in terms of the popular vote), everything seems harmonious.

Until they get to the park.

Immediately, dread begins to set in. Police cars are parked on the ground around the perimeter. And on the green is a horror show. Not very many corpses line the area, but it makes up for that in blood, as the grass seems to have simply turned crimson around them. A single officer is firing a fully automatic pistol into some shrubbery, trying to hit something within. [4 v 3] [1 v 8] The pistol fires a volley of two rounds. The first blow seems to hit, stopping in the bush as a groan comes from it. Leaping from the bush is what appears to be another corpse. Standing. The woman's eyes and mouth are glowing purple as she sprints towards the officer, who misses his second round. Without a fight from the normal officer, his neck is bitten into and he is brought to the ground. She looks emaciated, as does another walking corpse, while three more in better condition enter eyesight.

((I'll do more detailed Status spoilers next time. Just going rudimentary while I am not in need of the full thing.))
Spoiler: Beastiary Update (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 11:25:29 am »

"Feh! If this is the best you've got then you're going to go down easy! Fortune Days!"

Glitch manifests Fortune Days and attacks any zombies that decide to attack him. Or if none go for him, his tentative allies.

"CERO CERO CERO CERO CERO CERO CERO CERO CERO!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2018, 12:50:19 pm »

Miyako sighed, either the officer who just died ruined a ambush set up to kill her and the others or the voice that told them to come here was trying to get them to deal with this problem which possibly was their very own mess that they wanted others to clean up. Needless to say, if it was the latter it would certainly fit with what the voice said, but it just as easily could fit the former as well if you look at it through a different lens...Either way, the person who brought them here wasn't particularly helpful in explaining things, or didn't really want to, and Miyako didn't exactly like where this was going.

Still, it would be wrong to just watch the others get torn to shreds and do nothing, as she was fairly certain that the others were going to try and fight, so she would take out her Tonfa and try to position herself ahead and wait for anything to start trying to lunge and attack her so she could counter attack.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 02:08:19 pm »

"WuuaaaaAAAAH!"

Taranza did not scream. Anyone who would tell you otherwise is clearly a liar. That being said, he certainly did not want to be down here with those... horrible creatures. And so he began to ascend, removing himself as best he could from harm before beginning to involve himself, pelting down magic orbs at the monsters.

get in the air, like, way in the air. Well outside of reasonable jumping distance. Begin firing orbs at nearest zombies.

Hotfire90

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 02:38:28 pm »

Hat Kid was annoyed that the others had followed her, don't they know that it's rude to stalk people? What do they want of her anyway? And now there were even creepier people infront of her, the creepy kind that is dumb, rotting and definitely smelly. She didn't want to go anywhere near them.

Equip the Brewing Hat and throw explosive potions at the fast zombies.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 07:53:46 pm »

Brendan's eyes are going to widen in absolute horror. "Oh, Space Jesus! Fucking zombies?! This shit better not be airborne."

Brendan is going to fish his gas-mask out of his backpack and quickly fasten it on his face as tight as possible, and then he's going to use Slip 'n Slide! on one of the fast zombies.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 02:13:20 am »

((Sorry! Been swamped with life stuff. This will update today.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2018, 09:09:44 am »

(I was literally just about to update when I realized TricMagic hasn't submitted a turn yet. Whoopsies! Let me DM him the turn and after he does so, we can start.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2018, 08:30:54 am »

oopss. FEF and laziness.

Will edit in later today.

Hotfire90

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2018, 07:20:36 pm »

Will edit in later today.
Today
*ahem*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:57 pm »

"Anchor Vines!"

Cast on one of the healthy Fast Zombies. Anchor them to a point just straight ahead as they charge, so I can be sure to get them tangled.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2018, 10:06:33 am »

Excellent! I shall update either today or tomorrow, depending on how much I have to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4