Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons  (Read 4778 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Abyss of Traditions: The Holiday Demons
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2018, 10:49:32 am »

Day 364: Close to the Beginning
Two Days Until Demonic Presence
Main Mission: Awakening, Chapter Two

The five Undead let out some sort of strange cry or screech, gripping the tops of their heads in what seems like anguish and pain before charging.

Glitch makes a smirk and gives a taunt to the Zombies, before allowing Fortune Days to be summoned. He watches and waits for a Zombie to come to him, and one of the slower ones shambles to him. [1 v 10] He allows Fortune Days to throw a punch out, but, erm, that's disconcerting. The shambling Undead dodged. He dodged an attack from a fighting spirit that he could not possibly see. Something's wrong with this, but there's no time to think as it immediately counterattacks. [7 v 4] Being too far to bite, it settles on throwing out a lunging swipe. It's fingers come in hard at Glitch, stabbing through his left cheek and splashing blood against the grass.

Miyako, after pondering her situation, enters into a fighting stance and Prepares a counter to any Zombie wanting to attack her, Tonfa in hand.

After totally not screeching, I don't know what gave you that impression, Taranza flies up into the air and scours the situation. Concentrating magic into an Orb, he looks to the Zombie attacking Glitch and throws it directly at the Zed. [3 v 8] The pain spreading through Glitch forces him back, and the Zombie follows. The Orb is knocked into the air as a ricochet, [7] but one Double Axe Handle later, and the Orb is spiked right back to the Zombie. [1 v 4] However, both impacts weaken it, and it dissipates before making contact.

The childlike wonder of a new adventure is diminished once she sees gore, and so Hat Kid immediately springs into action. Throwing off her normal hat, she instead puts on another, a witch's hat with two vials in the band. In a flash, she brews up an Explosive Potion, and launches one at the two Fast Zombies currently mid-sprint. [6 v 7] [2 v 9] The Zombies are faster then they appear, and after a fireball and some smoke clears, Hat Kid finds she missed both of them.

Brendan is...unamused. "Oh, Space Jesus! Fucking zombies?! This shit better not be airborne., he shouts, before shoving on a gas mask. He watches the Fast Zombies approach in a sprint towards the Party, and without thinking too hard, throws soap under one of the Sprinters to catch them off guard. [Auto Success: Lack of Intelligence+Speed] [Injury: 6+2 (Rotted)] The Fast Zombie's foot is caught by the soap and it's sent flying. It lands head first, and a cracking sound echoes throughout the park as its neck snaps backwards. The Fast Zombies lands in a pile of limbs on the ground. Judging by the uninterrupted growling and yet no actual movement, the neck snap has rendered it quadriplegic.

Yu stands his ground as the other Fast Zombie charges towards him. With a thunderous shout of "Anchor Vines!", a vine suddenly shoots from the ground and wraps around it's ankle. He tethers the creature to in front of it's position. [2 v 2] The Fast Zombie is caught by the vine and sent to the ground, undamaged but trapped by the vine.
The Zombie currently knuckle deep into Glitch's cheek rears it's hand back before thrusting it at the other cheek. [7 v 7] Glitch is able to block the blow with Fortune Days, and leans back enough to be free of the Zombie's fingers. Three holes from the three that managed to puncture are in his left cheek. Meanwhile, the other two Zombies laze about before one suddenly hisses and shambles towards Miyako. [Counter: 5 v 1] Just as it gets close enough, two quick impacts with the Tonfa break it's jaw and ribcage. The thing is sent to it's knees, twitching.

The Paralyzed Sprinter is paralyzed and a sprinter.

The Fast Zombie caught by Yu swipes at the Vines, once again showing an odd sense of intelligence. [4 v 10] Intelligence doesn't denote power, though, and it's first swipe doesn't reach far enough down. [10 v 6] It's second one, however, does! But the thing about Anchor Vines is, when broken, they bite back. [Injury: 4+3 (Ability)] Just as soon as it gets up, the Fast Zombies careens back down to the ground. It's left leg, the ankle of which was tied up, has, uh, melted from the knee down.

Worth it? Tell me what you all thought. I'll keep the Statuses because they're simple and I can keep track of abilities by just going back through the thread.

Spoiler: Party Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hotfire90

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2018, 03:42:22 pm »

((I'm an item-based character and I'm going to assume that the simple statuses means that I have all the hats and badges.))

Make sure I have the Projectile, Fast Hatter and Scooter badges equipped.
Position myself so that as many zombies as possible are in a line and then fire a beam attack at them.

Alternatively if the above action isn't doable because of a lack of items, just throw more potions at the fast zombies.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 04:40:15 pm by Hotfire90 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2018, 03:49:14 pm »

"All Out Assault everyone!"

"Focus.. Alndif Staff, FULL RESTORATION!"

Cast at end of round on all allies, including the fallen officer.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2018, 04:30:08 pm »

((I'm an item-based character and I'm going to assume that the simple statuses means that I have all the hats and badges.))

Make sure I have the Projectile, Fast Hatter and Scooter badges equipped.
Position myself so that as many zombies as possible are in a line and then fire a beam attack at them.

I...feel like I've made a mistake.

Nevermind, I'll do more advanced Statuses next turn, and you do not have every item. Apologies.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Hotfire90

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2018, 04:39:28 pm »

I would've mentioned that before, but I didn't see the need since I was expecting more detailed statuses for this turn.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 10:26:32 pm »

Miyako after quickly sending the zombie in front of her to its knees would try to quickly finish it off before waiting for the next. She could tell that over all, the others were doing fine, well, except for one who clearly didn't do to well but she wasn't just going to run over to save him just yet, once the zombie next to her was delt with tough, that would be another story. Hopefully her worries, or paranoia if you want to call it that, about the others wouldn't turn out to be true and make her regret getting involved in this fight.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »

"What? How is this possible?!"

Glitch manifests Fortune Days and CEROCEROCEROs the ground in front of him, throwing up debris he then punches towards the zombies.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2018, 07:34:39 am »

Second verse same as first, Orbs!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2018, 02:09:35 pm »

((JakeParade, waiting on you, bud.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2018, 06:34:14 pm »

((Okay, so, it's been a long time since I updated. I don't wanna do this without JakeParade, but at the same time, it's been a long while without a turn and I hate seeing games die. And to top it off, my over-imagination already has an idea for another game. So...advice? Help? Please?))

Hotfire90

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2018, 07:54:28 pm »

((He hasn't been online for a month, you could auto him, have someone possess him or just replace him with a waitlister.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2019, 01:12:41 am »

((Sorry for taking so long! I'll update tomorrow. Just been demoralized, but I've been feeling so productive since the New Year started that I've been up for it!))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2019, 10:25:38 pm »

((Okay, I'm gonna be honest, I'm feeling burnt out on RPGs right now. Wiki-Warfare? Doable. Destroy the Godmodder? Sure. Some other sort of fun arena? I can do it. But a big RPG like this after a player has already turned tail so early on feels demoralizing. I'm not cancelling the game, but I'm considering putting the premise on the backburner until I feel comfortable in doing something like this again, likely when I have no other games so I can devote myself to this one.

Thoughts?))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2019, 10:42:00 pm »

Go ahead. Maybe next fall.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]