Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Surprise Noble  (Read 758 times)

Zaqew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Surprise Noble
« on: November 09, 2018, 01:49:27 am »

So I got this Human (probably a merc) that managed to claim the title of Lord of another group (presumably he is heir of that group). Will he leave the Fortress? If not, what will he do now?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surprise Noble
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:54:35 am »

As far as I've seen, it will have no effect. The citizen/resident will continue on as normal. There used to be an issue with nobles of other locations starting to make demands and demand noble suites, but that bug has been fixed.

Zaqew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 03:55:47 am »

Ah, I expected something like making connections with the group that he claimed lordship from.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 06:37:23 am »

As far as I've seen, it will have no effect. The citizen/resident will continue on as normal. There used to be an issue with nobles of other locations starting to make demands and demand noble suites, but that bug has been fixed.

Some nobles of other sites still require rooms (bedrooms, offices, dining rooms, tombs) and assorted furniture, though. They will have negative thoughts if the need is not fulfilled. They are not listed on the noble screen, nor do they make other demands (AFAIK) but their personal view will show need for these rooms.

It seems that lords (humans) do not have this need, but barons (dwarves) do. I have three such barons, they are members of my civ, but their baronies are towns belonging to three other dwarven civs. One of them is a monster slayer, another is entertainer (both are long-term residents), and a third one is a full, naturalised citizen.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 01:45:27 pm »

Hm, thanks for the correction. I checked a humie noble, and yes, there were no special requirement. Apart from that, I didn't find any non site nobles (although I'm suspicious about the local one, as the name if for a site I think I've conquered. However, it might be the spouse that got appointed to the other site, as I think I've seen a notice that someone was appointed noble over such a site?).

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 01:02:42 pm »

Spouses of off-site nobles should be named as such (e.g. baroness consort of ...). They do not need valuable rooms, just like local consorts do not need rooms. I'm not sure how spouses of administrators of conquered sites are named (it's probably not a good idea to send married guys to conquer sites).

There is one difference between these imported nobles and the local nobles - they don't need specific furniture (like armour stands for example), only enough to raise value of the rooms to the desired level (office, bedroom, tomb and dining room). Which makes me think that the whole need thing may be a bug, not an intended feature.