Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves should take care of their owned items (repair)  (Read 3875 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves should take care of their owned items (repair)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 09:48:36 am »

The Gorrigėr display cases?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:06 am »

An actual Tailor whose job it is to repair some clothing and trash or recycle old ones would be nice.

As long as we lack an actual economy/rationing on the intra-fortress level, dwarves discarding owned tattered clothing or the tailor going from room to room and repairing things would work.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 03:22:43 pm »

An actual Tailor whose job it is to repair some clothing and trash or recycle old ones would be nice.

As long as we lack an actual economy/rationing on the intra-fortress level, dwarves discarding owned tattered clothing or the tailor going from room to room and repairing things would work.

Could have clothiers and leatherworkers do it during lulls in activity to keep busy, rather than needing a whole new skill. I can't speak for anyone else, but I tend to make my fort's clothes in batches, so the poor clothes makers tend to have long lulls in jobs to do that aren't hauling in my forts.

Could maybe have squad leaders do a twice a year check as well and notify the player via handing in equipment reports that armor needs to be made or repaired as well (since armor's a bit more important and can't just be yanked off the owner to be fixed.) Would probably happen with copper and non-metal armor more often than anything else though.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 07:05:21 am »

Tailor is probably better as just a regular skill/job than as a position. 

darf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 05:52:18 pm »

It does take time away from gameplay to dump all the worn clothes and armor. A category for these in the stocks view would be nice. Sort by xtatteredx, select all, melt or dump, done.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 08:06:51 am »

Dump?  No, we sell them to the elves.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

darf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 07:38:33 pm »

Personally I prefer to trade them a prepared meal in a rock pot for everything they own... super quick and renewable.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2023, 02:46:32 pm »

i was thinking about this in my game recently, and my ideas are as follows.
-Repair Worn Item task at forges, clothiers shops, and leatherworks
-Disassemble for Scraps task at clothiers and leatherworks, for taking apart xXtatteredXx clothing to repair xtatteredx clothing with.
-a setting to specify what quality clothing is allowed to be repaired, masterwork is always repairable
-quality ratings on the repairs like with decorations
-being able to flag items for repair/scrap, like with dump and melt orders.

Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.
Pages: 1 [2]