Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game OOC Thread (Beastmode)  (Read 22595 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game OOC Thread (Beastmode)
« on: November 13, 2018, 01:18:15 pm »

In the beginning, there were no humans. Laguz roamed the land, masters of it, hunting and eating to their contentment. As their numbers grew, and their societies grew more complex, the weakest among their number were faced with abuse from those above them. Those least capable of holding their transformation were less desirable and had difficulty hunting prey of their own, and were forced to find whatever food they could. As time went on, it came to such a point that there were those born who could not transform at all, and these people were cast out.

These people, the first humans, roamed the wilds, trapping and hunting what meager game they could, and forcing themselves to eat plants when they had no other option. Often, these people would meet in the wild and band together, forming primitive tribes and clans. These people would go on to discover agriculture and metallurgy in the northernmost reaches of the continent, where the Laguz rarely went as prey was more scarce there. By this time, the Laguz had not produced children incapable of transformation for nearly a thousand years, and those dark times had been mostly forgotten. What tales of such births remained were seen as stories meant to frighten expectant mothers and fathers, or to scare young children into believing they might never assume their bestial forms. Their connection to the humans was long forgotten. But by this time, Human populations were growing, and beginning to outgrow the meager strips of land that they had claimed for themselves. Armed with metal tipped spears and carved knives, the humans pushed south, claiming territory from the Laguz with walls of stone and threats of violence. At first, the Laguz were, if not happy to leave the humans to their land, at least compliant. While humans were weak individually, their tools and armor made them difficult to kill quickly, and were dangerous to a Laguz who had not transformed. As the humans continued to push south however, the Laguz began to lose valuable hunting ground, and eventually sought greater societal structure in order to push back against the humans. Feline Laguz were the first to combine beneath their own banner, followed swiftly by the Canines and to a lesser extent by the Avians. The dragons had long since cut off all other races from the territory they had claimed, and the human race was not remotely close to their borders, and so they took no part in it.

The War of the Walkers lasted almost thirty years, and untold numbers of dead piled on each side. The Avian Laguz were the first to withdraw from the war, and they retreated to the region now known as Yeon, where they remain even now. The Canine and Feline Laguz struggled against the humans for some time after, but eventually all parties came to the mutual agreement to bring the war to an end. The human nation of Morcia was established then, and the great Laguz nation of Bestia was established.

For a time, there was peace. The bloody War of the Walkers had left so many of both sides dead that the space available was more than enough to meet the needs of hunting and food production. In the years to come, however, the Canine and Feline Laguz drifted apart, breaking their nations into the modern lands of Sampia and Geumho. Human lands were rocked by strife as well. Internal power struggles led to another east/west split, and Morcia was cut in half, leading to the formaion of Dashun.

Today, war has risen once again. Morcia, starved for resources, has declared war on Sampia, their southern neighbor. For now, the war is in low gear. Neither side has committed a great number of troops to the effort, and skirmishes rarely advance past the border. Despite this, King Himos of Sampia has called for a band of human mercenaries to visit his domain with the promise of work... 

Remember when I said I'd never run more than two of these at a time? I'm a goddamn liar.

Spoiler: Nation Lore (click to show/hide)

Apart from general amusement, the point of this game is to test a ruleset for Laguz. While they've been discussed, they have not been used at all to this point, so these rules may be altered mid game several times. That said, the game will last several chapters and probably reach mid-level promoted class for humans, or 30-35 total level.

The Laguz reference book we will be using may be found here.
The core ruleset we will be using may be found here.

For effective testing, I'll be taking one dozen players. You guys will be getting one NPC, a Mercenary-> Commander with Ignis. If you notice an inconsistency in Laguz Chargen, please let me know! It's still early days with this, and I didn't have anyone proofread or edit the handbook, so there may be mistakes or missing information.

New players don't have to worry about that and only need to grab the standard handbook, because only veteran players will be permitted to apply as Laguz. If I'm not familiar with your play history, please supply it to me. The reason I'm making this call is to make sure I can get a player's perspective on the differences between playing Laguz and playing normal classes, and players new to the system will not be able to make a meaningful distinction there due to a lack of experience. Also the list of transformation bonuses is not exhaustive, so if you have an idea for one that's not overbalanced, I may allow it.

Regardless of Class or Race, All Players will begin the game at level 5. Trainees will not be in use. If you want a different weapon from your starting class, talk to me, we can make something happen.

Blank Character sheet. Please use this format for submissions. The human players will be part of a small mercenary group led by Grae Steelhart, contracted by King Himos of Sampia to infiltrate Morcia for a purpose to which they have not yet been told. Laguz players will be a small team of skilled Laguz Warriors tasked by King Himos to join the human mercenaries to assist in their goal, and will join after the first map.

Sample Laguz Sheet

Grae Steelhart
Ella, Princess of the Cats
Wolfgang Gault, Crown Prince of Morcia

Human Players:
1. Claire Carvalho (Gaterhyme)
2. Iris von Grimmelshausen (Emral282)
3. Milos Crawford (RedMageCole)
4. Sheyra "Clover" Travies (Sheyra)
5. Vanessa Shiel (Kansa)
6. Godric Osmond (randomgenericusername) (

Laguz Players
1. Aurelia Iris Chenoa (Twinwolf)
2. Aya Hikasa (IamanElfCollaborator)
3. Heledd Baines (KingMurdoc)
4. Joachim del Navarre (SeriousConcentrate)
5. Jupi Tchangou (rokubiraijuu)
6. Raajak Khan (Sirus)

Gold: 1550
Storage

IC Thread

Droplist
1. Alys Seikatsu (KitRougard)
2. Kawri (GiglameshDespair)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 01:18:47 pm »

This post will be used to record changes to Laguz Rules that the book will need to reflect in later versions.

Laguz base Con is 6, not 5, for reasons.

When Laguz fall in battle, their transformation drops. Beast Gauge does not build while a Laguz is down.

Bird Laguz can use the following Special Abilities while Untransformed:
Take Off: As an action, this unit can assume Flying movement.
Land: While Flying, as an action, this unit may assume Walking movement.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game OOC Thread
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 01:45:42 pm »

lets be birb

Winged version:

Spoiler: CAW (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:14:18 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »

Spoiler: Arice Seraphy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle Stat Calcs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:28:15 pm by TricMagic »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 02:29:05 pm »

PTW and participate as newbie humie (am okay with both healer and any, in case nobody wants to be healer)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 02:43:01 pm »

"This reminds me of this small town in Dashun. Nice people over there, but people really, really should ask nicely before they pet the hair."

Transformed:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:20:36 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 02:58:58 pm »

I might try and make up a normal human for this.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 04:34:00 pm »

"I'm the strongest predator in all of Sampia. I'll prove it."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Map Sprites:
Transformed:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:26:38 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 06:24:21 pm »

Posting to confirm interest. Currently leaning towards a tiger laguz, probably a tanky one.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 06:30:24 pm »

For the opinions of others: Kawri's untransformed and transformed sprites
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 06:41:36 pm »

It looks like a good crow.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:31 pm »

“No surprise that I would shine the brightest.”

Spoiler: Huntress (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:16:22 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 09:36:19 pm »

"Hrmph."
Mapsprite:
Spoiler: More legit sheet now (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:22:30 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 10:24:13 pm »

For those participating as humans, keep in mind that you will be entering as part of an established mercenary group, not as individual mercenaries the way the Laguz players will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 11:43:20 pm »

Plap
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12