Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game! Alpha 7, be human, become zombie  (Read 120912 times)

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always wonder what happened to the author of Rogue Survivor, he disappeared a few years ago suddenly from the surface of the internet while he was working on a sequel.

I hope he's alive and well and he just had enough of those game coding stuff.
Yeah, the game kind of had a fanbase (even a Steam group) and he just vanished without even saying anything. Man, I miss this game so much, I wish he at least made it open source before disappearing.

Most modern devs are shit and don't want people completing something they failed at. The hilarious part is when someone steals it and they cry foul. I laugh my ass off everytime I see it.

Man. Seeing this thread brings back memories. This was a good little game. I had a lot of fun being eaten. :P

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always wonder what happened to the author of Rogue Survivor, he disappeared a few years ago suddenly from the surface of the internet while he was working on a sequel.

Yeah, the game kind of had a fanbase (even a Steam group) and he just vanished without even saying anything. Man, I miss this game so much, I wish he at least made it open source before disappearing.

Most modern devs are shit and don't want people completing something they failed at. The hilarious part is when someone steals it and they cry foul. I laugh my ass off everytime I see it.

Man. Seeing this thread brings back memories. This was a good little game. I had a lot of fun being eaten. :P

Lets say you're a painter working on a painting. The parts that are done look pretty amazing but it's obviously not finished. You don't feel like finishing it, so you're stashing it somewhere. However, someone knew what your painting looked like, copied the parts that you made and finished it himself. He now earns recognition and perhaps even money displaying this portrait. How would you feel when this happens?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets say you're a painter working on a painting. The parts that are done look pretty amazing but it's obviously not finished. You don't feel like finishing it, so you're stashing it somewhere. However, someone knew what your painting looked like, copied the parts that you made and finished it himself. He now earns recognition and perhaps even money displaying this portrait. How would you feel when this happens?

Angry ON MYSELF that I've quit. Happy FOR OTHERS that they have now a fine piece of art to marvel at.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:15:30 am by kulik »

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no need to speculate: http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/2016/05/rogue-survivor-goes-open-source-twice.htm .

I Am Not A Lawyer; my reading of EU copyright law is that I'm not making money on this (not even a PayPal donation link) because the copyright of the decompiled code belongs to roguedjack.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

While Zaimoni has since been running his Rogue Survivor Revived fork project :
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157701.0

Roguedjack came back into the old RS development and just released Rogue Survivor Alpha 10
http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.fr/2018/04/rogue-survivor-alpha-10-release.html

And for those interested , he also released the source code for this Alpha 10

GalacticMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm starting a new fork and improved of the game, if anyone is still interested in this game feel free to visit the relevant topic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177355.0
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]