Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49786 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2019, 11:31:00 am »

"(4 VS 3) The Norsemen have decided to make it quick and dirty, so they've marched into another random village and pillaged it. (2+1)(3)(3) The loot wasn't impressive, but it is something, and they've got some prisoners to sacrifice later on."

+25 food, +25 gold, +15 prisoners.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2019, 03:23:55 pm »

Lets loot a few more villages.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2019, 02:25:15 am »

BUMP! Need another poster to continue.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2019, 03:48:52 am »

Lets loot a few more villages.

+1 But hop in the boats and move to a different spot along the coast first, to make it harder for them to respond to our raids.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2019, 07:09:29 am »

"(2 vs 1) The Norsemen loot and plunder a couple of other villages, (6+1)(2)(4) getting a lot of sheep and prisoners captured, but very few valuables in the process. The rumors of the northern pillagers have reached the Duke of Sardinia and his vassals, and so he assembles an army to fight back. The Vikings are ready to get onto the ships and leave at any moment..."

You get a choice to either fight the Sardinian army or set sails and take some distance from the island.

+105 food, +5 gold, +20 prisoners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2019, 10:19:01 am »

Lets sail to a different island before the army shows up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2019, 02:44:22 pm »

Lets sail to a different island before the army shows up.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2019, 02:53:42 pm »

Just sail up the coast a bit and hit the Duchy of Corsica. We can continue raiding in a place where the Duke of Sardinia probably won't follow us, without having to travel far.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2019, 09:07:02 am »

((These past two days were crazy IRL, so yeah, schedule slip strikes again!))

"Vikings have spent almost a day to travel to the Corsica, the rival duchy of Sardinia, and so they prepare attack villages under the moonlight. (2-1 due to the night vs 4)(1-1 vs 1) Looks like the duke of Corsica has received the news of a Viking raiding fleet ravaging the rival duchy, henceforth the Norsemen have encountered the levy army of the island. The combatants trade off some arrow volleys with each other, but neither can hit the opponent, due to the poor visibility."

You're on a Corsican beach and it's midnight. You can either face the enemy in combat or retreat back onto the ships. The enemy is of a relatively the same strength, compared to you.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2019, 12:34:45 pm »

We have nothing to gain her so likes get back to the sea and safety.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2019, 01:05:17 pm »

This is just a levy. Meaning they are likely conscripted peasants rather than professional soldiers. We should have the advantage if the numbers are the same. That said, there is no reason to shed blood. Real life vikings often played European politics, exploiting weaknesses and rivalries of the Christian Lords around them. We should do that here.

Send an Envoy. State that we are confident that our trained viking army can smash their peasant levy, but that we respect their courage and organization to meet us on the beach. We would rather not slaughter them if it can be avoided. Perhaps we can be of use to each other. Surely us raiding Sardinia would be in their best interests... Offer to cause no mayhem in Corsica in exchange for maps of Sardinia, a few scouts who know the region, and permission to set up a temporary camp on their lands from which we may raid Sardinia.

If they refuse, push forward with a Heavy Axeman Shield-wall to protect our own archers while getting them closer to the enemy so that they may land their own shots.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2019, 02:13:51 pm »

If we can do that then lets but if we can't then we should leave.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 01, 2019, 02:23:52 am »

This is just a levy. Meaning they are likely conscripted peasants rather than professional soldiers. We should have the advantage if the numbers are the same. That said, there is no reason to shed blood. Real life vikings often played European politics, exploiting weaknesses and rivalries of the Christian Lords around them. We should do that here.

Send an Envoy. State that we are confident that our trained viking army can smash their peasant levy, but that we respect their courage and organization to meet us on the beach. We would rather not slaughter them if it can be avoided. Perhaps we can be of use to each other. Surely us raiding Sardinia would be in their best interests... Offer to cause no mayhem in Corsica in exchange for maps of Sardinia, a few scouts who know the region, and permission to set up a temporary camp on their lands from which we may raid Sardinia.

If they refuse, push forward with a Heavy Axeman Shield-wall to protect our own archers while getting them closer to the enemy so that they may land their own shots.

+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2019, 07:28:48 am »

"(6) The Viking envoy returns back to the ship with a counteroffer from Corsicans: 'capture one of the noblemen of Sardinia, and bring him to us. You get a map of Sardinia in exchange right now, as long as you promise to not leave the Mediterranean sea until the mission is done and sealed.' With the envoy retelling you the words of the Sardinian captain, he awaits your judgement, regarding the counteroffer."

Send envoy back, if you want to accept the deal/mission.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2019, 08:58:09 am »

Send envoy to accept mission
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38