Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49817 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 06:45:28 am »

Go in and attack them while the parties happening, have the archers cover the other soldiers when they go in.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 08:23:41 am »

Go in and attack them while the parties happening, have the archers cover the other soldiers when they go in.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 03:01:06 am »

The Vikings march towards the village on Tod's command, (6) and when they've arrived, a small patrol consisting of Duke's levies has interrupted their march. (4 VS 3) The vikings charge at the patrol, and while they've broke them with minimal losses, they've held the ground long enough for the villagers to start escaping their village, (3) taking away some of their personal wealth. (3)(6-1) Tod's raiding party enters and burns the village, afterwards, tending to the wounded.

+30 food, +50 ducats. Lost: 4 heavy axemen, 5 axe throwers

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 11:40:28 am »

Try to tack down those that ran away from the village.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 07:24:45 am »

BUMP! I need at least two posters.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 08:48:23 pm »

Try to tack down those that ran away from the village.
+1
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 05:24:39 am »

(2) Peasants have already made some distance away from the village, so even the skirmishers can't catch up to them. The peasants disappear into the woods. (4)(5) Luckily for the raiders, peasants didn't take the treasury of the carnival.

+50 ducats

Tip of the day: Towns are much harder to take and pillage, but they provide far more money than a village or castle.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 05:32:34 am »

We should finish gathering valuables from this village, then scout out a new village to plunder.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2018, 06:17:45 am »

BUMP! Need another player.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2018, 10:29:32 am »

We should finish gathering valuables from this village, then scout out a new village to plunder.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 10:50:19 am »

Regarding the action: You've already plundered and deprived the village (and the fair/carnival) of its wealth. Think up a different action.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2018, 10:58:48 am »

Back to the boat! and then home
(i want to fiddle with the troop line up and donate a few Prisoners)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2018, 04:29:38 am »

Back to the boat! and then home
(i want to fiddle with the troop line up and donate a few Prisoners)
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2018, 11:03:07 am »

(2)Marching back to their ships, the Vikings get interrupted by a small army, led by an Anglo-Saxon captain called Aewulf. The army consists of Seax-armed Yorkish peasantry, archers, and Lowland heavy infantry mercenaries.

Prepare for battle!

Tip of the day: If you attack the enemy squad with the leader in it with your own bodyguard squad, you can initiate a duel of commanders. A dead enemy leader means severe morale drop for enemy soldiers, but be careful enough to not die.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2018, 02:11:03 pm »

Adopt a defensive position. Let them march into our archers and Skirmishers if they wish to fight us. Have our Melee units ready to charge as soon as the enemy gets close.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38