Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49859 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2019, 12:55:01 pm »

kill the remaining Sardinians, unless they accept surrender under our control

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2019, 06:12:39 pm »

kill the remaining Sardinians, unless they accept surrender under our control

We need the Noble alive. If they refuse surrender, send in the Housecarls with orders to fetch him unharmed.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 05, 2019, 06:20:47 pm »

We need the Noble alive. If they refuse surrender, send in the Housecarls with orders to fetch him unharmed.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2019, 01:52:42 pm »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2019, 01:10:11 pm »

"(2 vs 1-1) The Sardinians still refuse to surrender, and so they get slaughtered and their leader taken alive. He's a younger son of the local count, so while he's not the most important person in the Sardinian politics, he'll count for the Corsican request. With the town hall burning and lots of corpses stinking of urine and feces on the main square, the citizens are afraid of leaving their homes, making it a good opportunity to pillage the town."

An important prisoner has been captured! Commence the pillage of the town?

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2019, 02:42:08 pm »

What if we make this young noble a puppet? A State ruled by Vikings, and since anyone who could tell anyone what happened is dead, the rest of the Sardinians might not even know if anything happened at all
If we can’t do this, then yes, pillage the town while keeping eyes on our prisoner to prevent escapes or kill attempts

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2019, 04:18:41 pm »

What if we make this young noble a puppet? A State ruled by Vikings, and since anyone who could tell anyone what happened is dead, the rest of the Sardinians might not even know if anything happened at all
If we can’t do this, then yes, pillage the town while keeping eyes on our prisoner to prevent escapes or kill attempts

The Sardinians still have a full army around somewhere. We should continue to butter up the Corsicans and eventually get their help to deal with it. I think we might have to convert to Christianity to pull it off, but we might be able to become the Duke of Sardinia. We can then do the Norman thing and use Sardinia as a base to take someplace bigger.

In the meantime, post our archers on the walls as sentries, and send our skirmishers out to scout for the Sardinian army. Perhaps give them some horses if the town has any to steal. I don't want the enemy army sneaking up on us unanounced while we loot.

Have half of our remaining men loot and pillage, and the rest move the loot to our boats. We don't want to have to leave all our spoils behind if we need to flee from the Sardinians on short notice.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2019, 07:20:40 pm »

The Sardinians still have a full army around somewhere. We should continue to butter up the Corsicans and eventually get their help to deal with it. I think we might have to convert to Christianity to pull it off, but we might be able to become the Duke of Sardinia. We can then do the Norman thing and use Sardinia as a base to take someplace bigger.

In the meantime, post our archers on the walls as sentries, and send our skirmishers out to scout for the Sardinian army. Perhaps give them some horses if the town has any to steal. I don't want the enemy army sneaking up on us unanounced while we loot.

Have half of our remaining men loot and pillage, and the rest move the loot to our boats. We don't want to have to leave all our spoils behind if we need to flee from the Sardinians on short notice.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2019, 03:03:53 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2019, 02:25:11 pm »

If you take the island for yourself, then that would mean me working on some mechanics.

*ahem*
The update will be postponed till tomorrow, due to me being busy with cleaning the apartment today. I don't have a lot of energy to write the turn now.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2019, 09:13:50 am »

"(6) Despite the smoke from the burning buildings going up into the sky, literally no Sardinian army's showing up. It bores the archers, so they decide to simply nap for a while. (3)(6)(4) Meanwhile, the Norsemen split into looters and haulers, getting sizeable amounts of food, a lot of valuables and gold, and enslaving almost a quarter of the townies, to the point where ships' prisoner cells are . By the dusk, the Vikings are ready to leave."

+105 food, +300 gold, +275 prisoners.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2019, 12:04:50 pm »

Get out and sail back to Corsica to present them the noble.

Also, take inventory of our captives. I'm guessing it is likely we might have scooped up some noble women and children or other people whose skills make them too valuable to sacrifice at the temples back home.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2019, 12:36:50 pm »

Also, take inventory of our captives. I'm guessing it is likely we might have scooped up some noble women and children or other people whose skills make them too valuable to sacrifice at the temples back home.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2019, 03:26:52 am »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38