Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49221 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #375 on: July 17, 2019, 06:25:13 pm »

Lets see if we can squeeze some more troops out of this before we go South.

Send word to the high houses of Denmark. We have maps of Sardinia, and an understanding with Corsica. We are at least planning on conducting massive raids of Sardinia, and if things go particularly well, we may seize some land. It may be to a viking lord's benefit to send us some of their non-inheriting sons (and perhaps some extra men) in case we need people to administer said conquered land.

We will likely have to improvise and adapt when we get back to Italy, but in an ideal world we take some coastal cities/castles, put them under control of another viking, and make said viking swear fealty to Corsica. This way, Corsica will help them defend against the Sardinian counter attack. Also, if we turn this into a war between Sardinia and Corsica as opposed to Sardinia vs. The Vikings, their mutual overlord in mainland Italy is less likely to get involved. Once the war is over, we can use our Viking friend's Corsican lands as a base from which to raid other targets in the Mediterranean, without having to swear fealty to Corsica ourselves.
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 18, 2019, 02:41:22 am »

Lets see if we can squeeze some more troops out of this before we go South.

Send word to the high houses of Denmark. We have maps of Sardinia, and an understanding with Corsica. We are at least planning on conducting massive raids of Sardinia, and if things go particularly well, we may seize some land. It may be to a viking lord's benefit to send us some of their non-inheriting sons (and perhaps some extra men) in case we need people to administer said conquered land.

We will likely have to improvise and adapt when we get back to Italy, but in an ideal world we take some coastal cities/castles, put them under control of another viking, and make said viking swear fealty to Corsica. This way, Corsica will help them defend against the Sardinian counter attack. Also, if we turn this into a war between Sardinia and Corsica as opposed to Sardinia vs. The Vikings, their mutual overlord in mainland Italy is less likely to get involved. Once the war is over, we can use our Viking friend's Corsican lands as a base from which to raid other targets in the Mediterranean, without having to swear fealty to Corsica ourselves.
+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2019, 05:45:08 am »

((Sorry for yet another schedule slip...))

"(1) The High Lord of Denmark, Valdir af Faroe, flatly refuses the invitation to the pillaging of Sardinia, as he currently trains his levy for the incoming Great Holy War. He also said that he would prefer land in a fairly nearby Britain, rather than the far away Sardinia."

"Disappointed, Tod sets his feet on the flagship of his fleet, with the crew and the navigator Sigurd waiting for his orders. In the spare time, Sigurd bought some food for the travel back to Sardinia."

-450 ducats, +180 food.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2019, 05:54:50 am »

Then let us get ready for war and go back to Sardinia.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:33 am »

"You command to set sails to Sardinia, landing your troops upon the western beaches of the island. From here, the scouts report about a small village nearby, guarded by a small Sardinian patrol. You feel confident in being able to defeat it quickly and mercilessly, without any casualties."

-165 food (30 food saved by your cook), it's currently dawn.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2019, 01:32:07 pm »

Surround the village and kill the patrol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 22, 2019, 02:12:48 pm »

+1

Leave a couple of our Italian Speaking local Skirmishers out of the fight. Try to take some foes alive for interrogation. Also strip the fallen Sardinian soldiers of their uniforms.

We have Italian Speakers in our army now. We should try cosplaying as Sardinians to get into their towns/castles.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 22, 2019, 02:18:35 pm »

+1

Leave a couple of our Italian Speaking local Skirmishers out of the fight. Try to take some foes alive for interrogation. Also strip the fallen Sardinian soldiers of their uniforms.

We have Italian Speakers in our army now. We should try cosplaying as Sardinians to get into their towns/castles.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 23, 2019, 01:22:08 am »

+1

+1
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 24, 2019, 11:52:23 am »

((OOC: I might actually end the game after the Sardinia will get conquered/pillaged/both. This game was my very first foray into suggestion games, but I feel it's a mess with a severe lack of mechanics. The game wasn't pointless, really, since it'll give me some experience when I'll ran my next suggestion games.))

"(2+1 for overwhelming force vs 3) The village gets encircled and surrounded by the Viking archers and axe throwers, but Sardinian patrols have noticed the movement in the woods nearby, alerting the village and themselves. The numbers are not in the favor of Sardinians, especially since the several of them get maimed by the axes and arrows. (5) The Sardinians surrender and share some information about a secret entrance into the local lord's castle, and they also get stripped off their uniforms, even if the number of the uniforms is limited.

The amount of uniforms you've got is 25, since it's just a small patrol. Also, what do you do with the village now?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2019, 12:42:43 pm »

Equip the Italian speakers and some other soldiers with the uniforms, and get them into the castle, where they can kill the Lord

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2019, 02:30:46 pm »

Equip the Italian speakers and some other soldiers with the uniforms, and get them into the castle, where they can kill the Lord

We sack the village first. Take prisoners. Take their clothes, and dress some more of our troops up as civilians. Perhaps grab some sacks and barrels so said 'civilians' can bring in their weapons without obviously holding weapons.

Then the 'patrol' shows up at the castles with a bunch of 'innocent villagers' claiming 'quick, the vikings are coming, let us in!'

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2019, 02:37:50 pm »

We sack the village first. Take prisoners. Take their clothes, and dress some more of our troops up as civilians. Perhaps grab some sacks and barrels so said 'civilians' can bring in their weapons without obviously holding weapons.

Then the 'patrol' shows up at the castles with a bunch of 'innocent villagers' claiming 'quick, the vikings are coming, let us in!'
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 25, 2019, 01:04:38 am »

+1
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 25, 2019, 05:24:07 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38