Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49816 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #525 on: October 14, 2019, 03:24:59 am »

((OOC: Had a busy weekend, but I'll promise to update the game tomorrow to make up for my absence.))

"(5 vs 5+1 for overwhelming numbers)(1 vs 2) Somehow, atgeir wielders have managed to still hold their line as the Sardinian wave furiously tries to decimate them. Meanwhile, the things are still going bad for Tod and his bodyguards, as the elite knights of Sardinia kill a couple of the housecarls."

"(2-1, sandwiched vs 2+1, overwhelming numbers) The Sardinians on the walls, however, finally get crushed by the Norse troops, who then focus on the Sardinians inside the town, (1 vs 4) with the archers firing a volley, only for it to go wide and hit the southern wall, causing the arrows to get stuck in the wooden walls of the now-destroyed town."

"The situation is still extremely dire and unnerving for the Norsemen, but at least there's now a dim and thin light of hope..."

-5 atgeir wielders, -2 housecarls.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 14, 2019, 03:44:08 am »

Have the troops that were dealing with the sandwiched Sardinians come over and help kill the king and his knights, while everyone else continues to kill the Sardinians that they were killing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 14, 2019, 09:09:57 am »

Have the troops that were dealing with the sandwiched Sardinians come over and help kill the king and his knights, while everyone else continues to kill the Sardinians that they were killing.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 15, 2019, 02:05:55 pm »

"(6 vs 2)(4 vs 5) The Norsemen from the walls join the fray against the Sardinians, charging and slaughtering their infantry. In the heat of it all, Tod and his bodyguards witness the momentary triumph, getting their morale up, but the elite knights of the Sardinian king keep killing the housecarls."

"The balance of powers hangs in fragile balance."

-2 housecarls.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 15, 2019, 02:16:03 pm »

Continue turning them into corpses

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 16, 2019, 12:52:46 am »

Continue turning them into corpses
+1 Corpses for the corpse pile!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 17, 2019, 12:56:46 pm »

"(1 vs 2)(1 vs 1) The Norsemen weaken their fervor, allowing the Sardinians to get a temporary advantage against them. This turn, neither Tod or the Sardinian King's bodyguards kill anyone, spending it blocking and dodging each other's blows."

-2 heavy axemen, -1 atgeir wielder, -2 axe throwers.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 17, 2019, 01:51:32 pm »

Continue fighting

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 18, 2019, 02:34:00 am »

Continue fighting
+1 But have half out troops focus on killing the king.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 20, 2019, 12:58:41 pm »

"(6 vs 1) The Norsemen catch their breath and resume to fight even more ferociously, causing a non-small amount of Sardinians to retreat. The atger wielders and elite infantry then rush straight towards the Sardinian king and his bodyguards, killing several of the bodyguards and dismounting the king."

" 'Vile Heathen!' - yelled the Sardinian king to Tod the Berserker. - 'Art thou brave enough to call off thine lowborn mongrels and face me in a duel?!' "

Okay, the battle is almost won, but now you're faced with a dilemma: Take the risk and duel the king, or let your troops capture/kill him, but lose some honor/standing in the eyes of the Norsedom.

((OOC: Okay, super small but important announcement: Now that we're all at the end of the journey, I'll try updating the game every day.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 20, 2019, 02:58:49 pm »

Have the troops kill the king

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 20, 2019, 03:29:41 pm »

We are near the end of the journey. Might as well make it an epic one.

Accept. As ready our weapon and approach the King, declare that if we meet a glorious death today, control of the band goes to the soldier who avenges us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 21, 2019, 01:40:37 am »

We are near the end of the journey. Might as well make it an epic one.

Accept. As ready our weapon and approach the King, declare that if we meet a glorious death today, control of the band goes to the soldier who avenges us.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 21, 2019, 01:45:38 pm »

"The Sardinian king smirked at the Viking leader's chivalry, 'I guess even heathen men share the virtue of being honorable...' The king draws his longsword, holding it two-handed. 'Tod The Berserker? Call me Theodo di Sardegna. HAVE AT THEE!' - The king yelled as your warriors have started to form a circle around you and your rival."

"(2 vs 1) The duel has only begun, and there's no clear winner yet, but when Tod blocks Theodo's flurry of swings and stabs, he manages to slam the king in the torso with the shield, breaking a few ribs. Theodo stumbles back a bit, but quickly regains his stance."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 21, 2019, 01:47:21 pm »

Aim for his legs, hopefully we can knock him over
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38