Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49831 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #540 on: October 21, 2019, 11:42:24 pm »

Our foe is hurt, and we have a shield. Fight defensively. Disengage often and force him to come to us. Even if he can withstand the pain, broken ribs will cause issues with his breathing. If we can make this into a war of attrition, the advantage is ours.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 22, 2019, 03:37:21 am »

Our foe is hurt, and we have a shield. Fight defensively. Disengage often and force him to come to us. Even if he can withstand the pain, broken ribs will cause issues with his breathing. If we can make this into a war of attrition, the advantage is ours.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 22, 2019, 02:27:19 pm »

I hate to not being able to keep my promise, but I'll have to postpone the update until tomorrow.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 22, 2019, 03:02:02 pm »

It's fine. No hard feelings.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 23, 2019, 02:11:43 pm »

"(1 vs 6) With his balance quickly regained, Theodo cuts vertically at Tod's left arm, causing him to drop the shield and bleed profusely. Tod tries to sidestep his next attack, but Theodo kicks him in the knee, causing the Viking leader to fail and clench his teeth in pain on the ground." 

" 'You sons of Odin are pathetic: all dirty tricks and cheap tactics, but no valor or code of conduct when it comes to battlefield.' - King Theodo says to the wounded Tod while closing his distance, having his longsword in one hand and raised. 'So, have thou any last words?' "

Your left arm is wounded and your right kneecap is shattered. You can't use your left arm, and you can't stand up. Looks like the duel is lost.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 23, 2019, 02:25:25 pm »

"Warriors, control of the band will go to whoever avanged my death."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 23, 2019, 02:53:21 pm »

"You want dirty tricks? Fine!"

Might as well go out with a bang. Kick him in the nuts with our good left leg as he closes in. Hopefully he isn't wearing heavy armor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 24, 2019, 01:19:06 am »

"You want dirty tricks? Fine!"

Might as well go out with a bang. Kick him in the nuts with our good left leg as he closes in. Hopefully he isn't wearing heavy armor.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 24, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »

"(3-1, weakened from the bleeding vs 1) Theodo runs towards Tod, dropping his guard. At that moment, the Viking leader quickly kicks him in the groin, causing him to stumble. His mail armor has prevented heavy damage to the genitals, however. `You son of a mongrel!` - The Sardinian king shouted in anger and anguish."

Okay, you've delayed your death for now, but you still have your left arm and right leg not functioning. What to do next is up to your imagination.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 24, 2019, 02:48:38 pm »

Is there anywhere where his armor is weaker?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 25, 2019, 03:29:58 am »

While he's distracted cut or stab his face.
Ignore this.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 06:10:56 am by King Zultan »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 25, 2019, 05:02:40 am »

Is there anywhere where his armor is weaker?

He's wearing chainmail and mail leggings, so he would be weak to piercing and blunt damage, but you don't have any stabbing/crushing weapons.

King Zultan's trying to cut or stab his face, but he'll have a penalty to the attack, since he's laying prone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 25, 2019, 05:20:16 am »

Wait who's prone us or the king?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 25, 2019, 05:33:47 am »

Wait who's prone us or the king?

You, sorry for not clarifying. Though it'll easy to figure out with the fact that Tod has one of his kneecaps broken.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 25, 2019, 06:13:19 am »

When the king tries to attack us we should roll away, then attack his legs while he's recovering.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38