Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 49832 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #555 on: October 25, 2019, 07:09:27 am »

When the king tries to attack us we should roll away, then attack his legs while he's recovering.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 25, 2019, 08:39:21 am »

When the king tries to attack us we should roll away, then attack his legs while he's recovering.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 26, 2019, 02:19:27 pm »

"(3-1 from pain/bleeding vs 5) King Theodo raises his sword, preparing for a leap attack. Tod tried to roll away, but failed, and the sword of the King of Sardinia cuts deeply into his stomach, causing heavy amounts of blood to spill from the belly cut. King Theodo stays near Tod's corpse and spits at it, then asks, `So, heathens, do you let me go or I shall duel my way through all of you?!` Then suddenly, a throwing axe hits the Sardinian king in his throat. He gasps for the air, then falls on the ground, not being able to say a final spiteful remark of his. Sigurd, Tod's navigator emerges from the crowd as the one who threw the axe..."

Okay, you're dead, but don't worry, since the game's basically over. I just need to write an epilogue tomorrow to wrap up the conquest of Sardinia (and the consequences of it).

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 26, 2019, 02:36:27 pm »

I’m sure it will be an interesting read. This was fun

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 27, 2019, 01:38:39 am »

This was fun, to bad my final plan failed and we died.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 27, 2019, 09:30:05 am »

At least the Navigator killed our killer, the group shall live on

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 27, 2019, 01:13:50 pm »

Sorry, I'll have to delay the epilogue till tomorrow. I've been screwing around with Windows 7 installation for a good quarter of the day.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 28, 2019, 10:53:22 am »

"The crowd of Norse warriors yell victoriously in unison, welcoming their new warlord. 'We're all mourning and weeping for Tod, aye!' - Warlord Sigurd began his speech - 'He was a great leader and a dear friend of mine. He also considered me his right-hand and sole advisor, so it is only rightful that I inherit the title of Warlord today! *public cheers* The King Theodo of Sardinia, the ruthless Christian cur, has been killed by my trustful axe, and so today, we'll march forward into his castle and slaughter his entire family in retribution! TODAY... IS THE DAY WE'LL RULE THIS ISLAND!' And the crowd rejoiced with cries of extreme enthusiasm and outstanding morale; they were ready to conquer the kingdom."

"Tod's body was put on a small boat, ignited, and let into the sea, abiding by the Norse traditions of nobility funeral, while Theodo's body was left rotting in the destroyed town. (3) Upon assaulting the ruling dynasty's castle, Sigurd and his troops took heavy losses, but have ultimately managed to take the castle. Di Sardegna dynasty were taken prisoners and executed via quartering."

"(6-2, weak army) The other noble families were horrified from the brutal execution of Di Sardegna dynasty members, so they've obeyed Sigurd and accepted him as the king of Sardinia."

"(2) Christian peasants of Sardinia weren't happy to serve under the rule of a Pagan, and declared a major revolt three years after the crowning of Sigurd. (5 vs 6) Sigurd's forces defended his rule fiercely, but the sheer number and zealotry of the peasantry (led by remaining Catholic bishops of Sardinia) has defeated Sigurd and overthrew Norse rule. (4) Sigurd has managed to flee to England, which was conquered by the Scandinavian Fylkirdom, where he raised another host of troops to retake the Sardinian kingdom. (6 vs 4) Once Sigurd was dethroned, the clergy and the nobility were debating over the right to rule over the island; the men of The Holy Bible or the men of noble blood? Ultimately, this led to a civil war, where the clergy was victorious and seized the control of Sardinia. (2 vs 1-1) The realm of Sardinia was severely weakened by the civil war, so Sigurd has managed to take it back quickly and mostly painlessly."

"Once Sardinia was back under the rule of the Norse, the population of the island was pacified after the devastating civil war from earlier, and didn't revolt against King Sigurd again. (4) The population didn't resist the conversion to Paganism, and so the north and the center of the island were largely populated by Pagans in a matter of less than a decade."

"To protect Sardinia from Catholics, King Sigurd married one of the Fylkir's daughters to solidify the relations and form an alliance. At the twilight of his life, Sigurd had (5) sons and (3) daughters. Sigurd died a natural death at the age of 56, with his oldest son, Ivar, inheriting the kingdom of Sardinia..."

Anyway, twas a wild, if messy, ride. Thanks for playing!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2019, 11:00:56 am »

You’re welcome. It was fun

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2019, 01:12:33 pm »

Damn. Sigurd was far more ambitious than I was planning to be.

I was just going to suggest installing a flunky as King, having him falsely convert to Christianity and swear fealty to Italy to avoid further war, and simply employing Sardinia as a Norseman friendly port/staging area that could be used to raid the rest of the Mediterranean.

But yeah. Damn good game. Can't wait for the next one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2019, 02:08:42 am »

It was a wild ride and I enjoyed it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]