Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 7: IC Thread!  (Read 37248 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums 7: IC Thread!
« on: November 17, 2018, 06:33:33 am »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: Danger from Nowhere
Chapter 1: Cloaks and Knives
Chapter 2: Just in Time
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:29:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 7: IC Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:55:36 am »

Prologue: Danger from Nowhere

A rendez-vous with Joachim Lichteisen?

Apparently, to discuss marriage plans, the Lichteisen family has asked for Princess Sophia to visit their summer lounge at Ondeviik, near the border with Herzgottia. Sent along with minimal entourage, with no announcement to the broaded public, and no messengers preceding the group, the timid Princess is underway.

Less than a week after her silent departure from capital of Angen, the quintet of travelers reached the calm and nondescript village of Gevarren, located at crossroads. Populous but nowhere a trading settlement, it offered any passerbies nothing but few local craftsmen to buy from and several inns to stay at. One of the cheapest, 'The Red Rooster', provided quite delightful night of sleep. A lovely, warm morning followed, with the early summer sun shining brightly on the near-cloudless sky.

Quaint and peaceful, indeed, it however was to be the place where the trouble begins...

"Here." Princess Sophia handed Priscilla a large pouch of coinage.

Party obtains 2500 Gold!

"I-I'm pretty sure that dad would... would like to see all this spent on a gift for Joachim b-but I think you guys will... will make better use of it. Maybe buy some medicine, just in case?"

"D-Don't spend all of it, though! I... I still want to buy Joachim something... maybe a pendant... oh, and, and, Johannes, can you keep me company while others do the shopping?"

//Priscilla van den Borre, Johannes van den Berg, Venza Ataris and Rowan Bouwen are all in~!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:14:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 08:19:13 am »

"Thank you, we'll be sure to take care.

"Be sure to enjoy yourself while we're here"

Turns to look at the other two.

"So, shall we take a look around?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 08:35:35 am »

The heavily armoured knightess puffed on her pipe before she nodded, jingling the pouch of coins with one hand.
"As you wish, your highness."
"Johannes, the Princess is in your hands. Keep her safe."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 10:24:11 am »

Johannes smiled at Sophia. "Of course. You are my friend, after all." Turning to look at Priscilla, he said "You can count on me."

After that, he took a moment to look out the window. Such a beautiful morning. I'm not sure whether or not to be grateful I get to stay with Sophia or be jealous that they get to go shopping. Maybe I could prod Sophia into going outside, if only to go cloud watching or something. Surely her parents won't mind... Of course, I'll be sure to ask.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 06:47:28 pm »

"I am humbled by us receiving the benefits of your generosity, Your Highness. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Do not worry, I shall keep my eyes on our spending habits, so that we may still be capable of purchasing a grand present. And to you, Johannes, do your best in protecting Her Highness' well-being."

He turns around to the two who will accompany him in the shopping duty.

"Alright, Priscilla, Venza, we've got business to do. I suggest we check the local prices for befitting gifts, then agree on how much we spend on herbs, medicine and snacks for my dear Palewing."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 06:51:59 pm »

Venze grabs Bouwman's hand and drags him out.

"Well, let's go~"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 07:32:57 pm »

@Others:

Unfortunately for them, only two shops were available; the local apothecary, and local smithy. The former's stock was a bit lacking, lacking even in Angebortian specialty that are vulneraries, somehow?

Quote from: Gevarren Apothecary
Herbs (6): 100 Gold
Tonic (2): 500 Gold
Antitoxin (3): 200 Gold

Quote from: Gevarren Smith
Iron Sword (2): 300 Gold
Iron Lance (2): 325 Gold
Iron Javelin (1): 375 Gold
Iron Axe (1): 300 Gold
Hand Axe (2): 325 Gold
Iron Mace (1): 300 Gold

@Johannes:

"So..." The Princess stared at others' backs as they went. "Should we, should we return to the inn? The weather's pleasant though..."
SigFlags!

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 07:37:28 pm »

Johannes nodded. "I agree, the weather is too nice for us to hole up inside. Would it be alright if we took a moment to take in the sights? A little stroll couldn't hurt."
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 07:41:15 pm »

"Wonder why the Vulrenary isn't in stock.."

"Think it might be wise to pick up the Antitoxin, as well as some herbs for each of us. That comes to.. 700 Gold."

He turns to look at them

"What do you two think?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 07:48:00 pm »

As Rowan rummages through the Apothecary's stock, he raises his left eyebrow in puzzled astonishment.

"No vulneraries in an Angebortian settlement? By Sister Jeta's blessings... What is this nonsense?"

He then looks in Venza's direction, lightly nodding.

"Your suggestion seems sensible. We should keep at least a grand in case we find a more appropriate gift from a more appropriately-stocked city... So 800 Gold for more healing items or for stocking up on reserve weapons, minus a coin or two for my dear Palewing. Anything you want to add to this conversation, Priscilla?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 07:52:11 pm »

Priscilla shrugged, her pauldrons clinking softly.
"I suppose some antitoxin would cover any bases, but in truth - what more healing do we need? We each have a vial of vulnerary, not to mention the princess' magic. Not to jinx things, but how much trouble is there likely to be?"
She chuckled lowly and breathed out a cloud of smoke.
"If you ask me, I'd say this is more so she can spend some time with Johannes rather than any great need for medicine."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 07:55:21 pm »

"Well, maybe we should speak with the townsfolk and see why they are out."

"Um, Shopkeep, would you happen to know why the Vulnerary are not in stock?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 08:04:00 pm »

@Others:

"Pft! It's the fault of that old fart, Lodewik!" The Sister in charge of apothecary basically fumed. "He moved to our village few months ago, and bought the stock Vulnberries from local gatherers' camp all for himself! That wrinkled goat is stealing away my clients! Curse him and his warty ass."

@Johannes:

Princess nodded, and the duo had a little stroll about the village roads. Everywhere they could see, the closely-built buildings had thatched roofs.

The buildings were almost all the same, Johannes could notice.

Not that he had anything else to do, for Princess said no word during their short trip.
SigFlags!

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 08:16:18 pm »

In the silence, Johannes thought a little bit to himself.

...There's not really much to do in this small town, is there? If the others needed to go shopping we could have done it together...

After they were done with their walk, he had a bit of an epiphany.

...If we're not talking now, we won't be talking when we're just lying down on the grass, staring up at the clouds. In that case, what is there to do?

"We should probably check up on the others, see how they're doing. If not, we can stay at the inn until they're done. It's really your call."

I wonder if something's wrong... Maybe that's why she's not talking. Of course, it could just be how boring this small town is. Every roof is the exact same. I wish something would break up the monotony. Then again, I don't want to jinx myself.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:20:29 pm by GM_3826 »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44