Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Catching up on Slaughtering?  (Read 2356 times)

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catching up on Slaughtering?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 08:50:38 am »

I once had to drop a pet bunny over 30 times from my kill-tower because it would kind of glide to the wall and maybe break its fall somehow? or just be too light to get damaged much from impact? I forget if it worked with flying pets/livestock because I had a separate turkey pen for farming and was mainly using the kill tower for unwanted pets that migrants bring.

Upright spear trap at the bottom to seal the deal?

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 11:25:47 am »

I once had to drop a pet bunny over 30 times from my kill-tower because it would kind of glide to the wall and maybe break its fall somehow? or just be too light to get damaged much from impact? I forget if it worked with flying pets/livestock because I had a separate turkey pen for farming and was mainly using the kill tower for unwanted pets that migrants bring.

Upright spear trap at the bottom to seal the deal?

Do livestock and pets trigger traps though? I suppose you could do the upright spike/spear trap and have it be triggered by lever pull, could link the same lever that drops the bridge to those spikes, or use a different lever, whichever works best.

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 12:10:28 pm »

Do livestock and pets trigger traps though? I suppose you could do the upright spike/spear trap and have it be triggered by lever pull, could link the same lever that drops the bridge to those spikes, or use a different lever, whichever works best.

Can't you have them always extended?  I.e. hook them to a lever and pull it once?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 08:11:46 am »

Spike traps work autonomously via lever pulls, allowing you to dice up animals into smaller chunks and don't nessecarily rely on spikes if you mod the trap RAW's. (they aren't very flexible but you can add other types rather than generic 'spikes')

I once used a self modded in variant of a spike trap made out of wooden paddles to test out a theory whether bruising creatures yielded more meat, it definitely bruised pigs & cows but was a little too rough with its 20 revolutions per level pull on smaller animals.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 10:08:57 am »

Spike traps work autonomously via lever pulls, allowing you to dice up animals into smaller chunks and don't nessecarily rely on spikes if you mod the trap RAW's. (they aren't very flexible but you can add other types rather than generic 'spikes')

I once used a self modded in variant of a spike trap made out of wooden paddles to test out a theory whether bruising creatures yielded more meat, it definitely bruised pigs & cows but was a little too rough with its 20 revolutions per level pull on smaller animals.

At least it produced more tender meat.
Pages: 1 [2]