Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Destroying Civilizations  (Read 1366 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Destroying Civilizations
« on: November 09, 2018, 03:06:01 am »

I'm trying to destory an elf civilization. Legends Viewer shows that my victim civ has no sites and a civilized population of two elves. Is there any way to make the game recognize that the civ is extinct?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Destroying Civilizations
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:05:02 am »

slabciv.lua, perhaps?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:32:17 pm »

Murder the last two elves?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 01:55:45 pm »

slabciv won't work, as it only deals with world gen, although you can hack the corresponding entity_populations entry to set the count to zero with DFHack (which is essentially what the script does, apart from the actual detection part). However, if there are two hist fig elves alive the civ isn't dead: it still has two members (and may correctly or incorrectly have non hist fig members in entity_populations).
While Astrid is usually too blood thirsty for my taste, I think the advice is sound if you're trying to kill the civ completely. I'm not convinced it will actually do the trick, though, as I'm not convinced DF known how to kill civs during game play (I've had elven caravans continue to come from civs that have no sites left in the past [before raiding was implemented, so it couldn't have been my doing even if I had wanted to, which I don't]).

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 09:59:30 pm »

While Astrid is usually too blood thirsty for my taste, I think the advice is sound if you're trying to kill the civ completely. I'm not convinced it will actually do the trick, though, as I'm not convinced DF known how to kill civs during game play (I've had elven caravans continue to come from civs that have no sites left in the past [before raiding was implemented, so it couldn't have been my doing even if I had wanted to, which I don't]).
That's what I was afraid of. We can conquer the world in the sense of taking over all the sites. But we can't yet properly commit genocide.