Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lonesome Tileset [ASCII, Square, 20x20]  (Read 65455 times)

tundalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lonesome Tileset [ASCII, Square, 20x20]
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2021, 06:49:27 pm »

Hi, I searched around for people credited in your post (Anikki, Tocky, Plac1d, Lowright), and it looks like you made statue, undead, '@', etc tiles on your own? Those are the best looking sprites in the tileset, and I was curious if you could make more sprites in that style? Perhaps a few sprites for humans and other main races just for creature graphics tiles?

Yo! I did make those and thank you! There are a few more tiles I had plans to redo, but many of the creatures cant be given their own sprites, since they share the same tiles as the alphabet (e represents elf, for example). So if I changed that tile, I would be changing all the e's in the menus and everywhere else. You can do that kind of thing with a program called TWBT and scripting and stuff, but all that is beyond me haha. Maybe someday I'll learn how, because I agree it would be cool!

tundalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2021, 06:53:22 pm »

Hi, this tileset looks amazing! However, I was wondering if it's possible to install this mod with the Lazy Newb pack? If yes, how do we do so?

It is possible! LNP has all the assets stored in different folders inside its main folder. So you should be able to just drop my .png and color scheme .txt into the 'graphics' and 'colors' folders and theyll show up on your list in the custom graphics/custom colors menus. There might be other steps, I dont remember!

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2022, 04:53:15 am »

The best for me.  Thanks for making.

I personally like just the tileset.  It's nice to have something that preserves my perception of distance and area, but also remains faithful to the original tileset.

Plus the color palette?  Matte, morbid, muted.  I like it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]