Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More annoying elves...  (Read 1380 times)

Lestrage

• Bay Watcher
  • novice creature of the night
    • View Profile
More annoying elves...
« on: December 18, 2018, 11:39:38 am »

So currently you would come into conflict with elves by cutting down too many trees in the area,
but why not develop on this :

Elves also warn and start wars if you hunt too many creatures of the area, or hunt creatures to extinction,
and also from over-fishing

Also,
If you dig out too many riches or minerals from the earth elves say you are robbing mother earth will use this as an excuse to get into conflict

Can they be any more annoying?
 :D
The platypus is making a plaintive gesture. The pangolin is striking a menacing pose. The penguin is laughing.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: More annoying elves...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:46:15 am »

Basically you want the elves to start a war with every dwarf civilization from year 1 on every generated world out there... I must try that out...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Lestrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 12:14:15 pm »

Whats the point of there existing elves if you can get into a scrap with them??  :D

I think every species could have its own orientation to dorfs :

gobbos : all out invasions, raids and attacks

kobolds : major trickery, thievery, minor harrasments

elves : diplomatic and cultural rivals

humans : service and product users, allies but also possibly treacherous

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:28:14 pm by Lestrage »
The platypus is making a plaintive gesture. The pangolin is striking a menacing pose. The penguin is laughing.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 01:53:15 pm »

The way you put it, makes everyone a possible enemy, and although it does makes sense as in real life, we're all humans, and still, anyone could be an enemy. I do see this possibly breaking some worlds as everyone goes into war with everyone. Don't know though, could be me paranoic...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

sketchesofpayne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 04:07:16 pm »

The elves in most worlds I have generated already go to war with everyone else at some point or another.

Lestrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 04:19:35 pm »

I didn't realise elves are warlike. thought they liked meddling in dorf business.

Well I guess it makes sense that not every civ is out to get you. But probably most could be in competition.
If Elves aren't enemies they probably are 'rivals'.

If looking at real life a people may have background common with other nearby or sibling people, so they may be good allies.
I guess humans are best option in this respect.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 06:12:27 pm »

The way I see it;

Kobolds are like racoons, they ultimately want to be left alone but also don't see why they should not loot your trash
(NPC)Dwarves just want to be left alone. In newer versions, they will fight back aggression and counter attack, but are rarely the aggressor
Humans are a big bad roll of dice, they really can be anything (cultural values are random). Tho the rule of average dictates they tend to be moderate in most matters
Elves are the unholy offspring of a tumblerette and a mesolitic caveman, who seen veganism with their own eyes and are now openly rebelling against its evil. They also hate humans and dwarves for their consumption of wood and are generally chill with goblins for the same reason. But when elves and goblins clash (or any war combinaison involving elves and goblins) it results in insane off the chart death tolls
Goblins are pure evil on an individual level, and every single goblin you meet wants to conquer and rule, and are only kept united by the crab bucket effect.