Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Foxhole - Update 0.20 out! 5-Crew battle tanks, V2-rockets, revamped towns  (Read 3619 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foxhole - RTS/MMO Hybid aka RWR+Planetside - Giving away free copies
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 04:58:24 pm »

Same, I remember playing back when it was free and it was a surprisingly good game at the time and I've only heard it's continued existence has grown better.

Brouzouf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 10:03:42 pm »

Honestly I'd love to just give out keys until we had a Bay12 clan going on, but unfortunately I'm made of generosity and not money. It's suffering.

Resent PM's since some are still unclaimed.

Same, I remember playing back when it was free and it was a surprisingly good game at the time and I've only heard it's continued existence has grown better.
It's really solid now. It will be 13$ until the 27th. I've probably gotten over 500 hours out of it with more memories than most games, probably one of my better purchases since Warband.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 10:35:14 am »

That's good! I mostly used to do mining and ammo production since I was terrible at aiming, but you could tell it's still a vital role that people at the time respected.

Brouzouf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »

That's good! I mostly used to do mining and ammo production since I was terrible at aiming, but you could tell it's still a vital role that people at the time respected.

If you mostly ran Logi back when it was free, a lot of the changes have been around the way Logistics works. We had several Quality of Life updates.

We've got an omni-factory, refinery, storage depot (AKA Quarter-master is now a building) in every town, and vehicle factories are now home-regions only. Vehicles are made from "blueprints" now, which unlock a # to produce at the factory rather than upgrading the building itself. Instead of separate factories, the one omni-factory (and refinery) can have a separate production queue for each category at the cost of tech parts to upgrade it (starting from zero-production capabilities). So now production is pretty flexible when the tech parts start rolling, and the enemy team doesn't easily know which towns process/manufacture which goods. You can make Public (instantly available to anyone), Private (the old way), and Squad production orders now. The refineries do gas as well (refined lasts 3x longer), and we've got scrap/sulfur mines (alongside faster manual mines) you drop gas into and it passively puts out scrap/sulfur. Sulfur now just takes really long to refine rather than only spawning every ~3 hours. You can also open gates without getting out of logistics vehicles, and we even have a minimap when driving now.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 10:12:59 pm »

That's alot of changes. Though we just had someone man the door for the vehicles most of the time. Made things simpler and they could keep a lookout for enemies sneaking around checking for defenses.

It's good now that they aren't in specific zones at least, before if you knew you could blockade it quite well.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 11:24:17 pm »

I played during the beta and got my own scrap mine with fuedal workers going right until the bad bad french bastards genocided my workman and shot me in the face.

I am interested in a copy.

No longer interested in a copy, I do not have enough time to play it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:17:56 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Ranged66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 08:24:52 am »

If keys are still unclaimed I'd muuuuuch enjoy one

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 09:16:48 am »

Okay, after having a bit more of a look at it, I absolutely need to get this game next time I have spare money.   
I look forward to immersing myself in a delightfully banal virtual life patrolling some far-flung corner of the game map. :D   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 11:08:12 am »

Hours of boredom, seconds of terror.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 02:44:13 pm »

EDIT:
Nevermind, missed the post
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:46:07 pm by Iceblaster »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 04:38:29 pm »

Hours of boredom, seconds of terror.

This, while as much as I do like it, prevents me from playing - i don't have the time to invest into being in a clan, but I also miss some ppl to bullshit with during the boring parts.

Brouzouf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Foxhole - Update 0.20 out! 5-Crew Battle Tanks, V2-rockets, revamped towns
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 09:30:00 pm »

Bumping for new update.

Towns have been completely revamped, all the maps have been touched up. As someone who's played since it was a free alpha, it's gorgeous, and the detail in towns is aimed at more interesting CQC. Lots of buildings are enterable now. New shelter buildings in towns are artillery-resistant backup headquarters. Garrison houses now have artillery counterparts.

New main battle tanks! 5 person crews! Specialized tank rounds, now with HE, AP, and shrapnel rounds!

Sandbags can now be double-stacked, but still knocked over by any vehicle heavier than a motorcycle. Standing trenches are now seen on active frontlines

V2 rockets! They can permanently destroy town structures, removing towns from gameplay. These require a lot of coordination to pull off as an end-game weapon to speed up the late stages of the game. Previously the developers would reduce the number of victory towns held to win if the war hit a stalemate, but now we can just blow them up instead!

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Foxhole - Update 0.20 out! 5-Crew battle tanks, V2-rockets, revamped towns
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2020, 08:12:20 am »

Bumping. Game has changed quite a bit in the last two years. An entirely new tech system has been added in along with naval combat and something like 22 new vehicles. It's certainly changed a lot and worth giving another try now!
Pages: 1 [2]