Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gods forming false friendships?  (Read 3932 times)

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods forming false friendships?
« on: November 23, 2018, 03:15:41 am »

So I ordered a statue for my temple, and this happened:

"This is a superior quality marble statue of Snodub Basesthief.
The item is a superiorly designed image of Snodub Basesthief the goblin and Ottan, the deity of scholarship and writing, depicted as a female dwarf in marble. Snodub Basesthief is greeting Ottan.
The artwork relates to the false friendship of Ottan and the goblin Snodub Basesthief in Glimmeredglade in the early summer of 258."

Turns out goblin is an accomplished astronomer, and Ottan, the goddess of scholarship, formed a false relationship with him to extract knowledge!..what?..how?..what? Gods can do that now? Moreover, this goblin actually knows MORE about stars then the GODDESS OF GODDAMN KNOWLEDGE?! Also, I don't think the goblin ever worshipped Ottan.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:18:10 am by forgotten_idiot »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods forming false friendships?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:45:57 am »

This is some sort of creature-ID bug, meaning that the game should be listing a different historical figure. For some reason, it mistakenly recorded the goddess as having done things that a mortal did. Suffice it to say that the gods are not this active (yet).
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 05:27:41 am »

This is some sort of creature-ID bug, meaning that the game should be listing a different historical figure. For some reason, it mistakenly recorded the goddess as having done things that a mortal did. Suffice it to say that the gods are not this active (yet).

Oh. Oh well, back to the gay pile murdering elves, then.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:36 am »

This is one of those bugs you can class as a feature, dwarven gods pulling the fake BFFs on goblins is hilarious

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:53 am »

(To Elves, wearing false moustache) "Yeah, like, you're totally my favoured people, I promise you that if you fight the Humans you'll, like, trounce them and take all those lands for you and your trees. But you can't stop until the last of them is dead, because you know how they are, right?"

(To Humans, wearing unconvincing wig) "My faithful worshippers! Victory will assuredly be yours if you strike at your Elven foes! Purge them and their wild ways, in the name of your Empire, show them all that death is inescapable, and leave none of them and their repugnant immortal lives to defile My world!"

(To priest) "Watch this!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 10:03:42 am »

This is one of those bugs you can class as a feature, dwarven gods pulling the fake BFFs on goblins is hilarious

Yeah, when I saw this I was like "you go, Ottan, girl!". In my mind it was like even gods are contributing to the war effort by stealing technology and shit.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 11:25:48 am »

Ah, that explains why there's so many forgotten beasts posing as monster hunters in my world according to legends mode. I already thought it was odd how charismatic the forgotten beasts apparantly are.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 11:33:44 am »

Well, certainly they'd be blessed of a certain kind of charisma. I mean, would YOU have the guts to refuse the requests of a building-sized venomous parrot to its face? :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

sketchesofpayne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 09:19:49 pm »

So, like a reverse Prometheus?

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 07:44:48 pm »

So...goblins canonically play baseball now.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 09:00:41 pm »

They have been doing so for a long time, usually as the ball

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 10:14:57 pm »

Gods did this again, actually. Different god, different goblin, same world. If this is a bug, it's a consistent one.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 10:02:44 pm »

Have you modded this world at all? Just wanted to rule out the possibility of raw duping.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 04:09:26 am »

Have you modded this world at all? Just wanted to rule out the possibility of raw duping.

I am using Meph's launcher, so there are some minor tweaks (like stronger armor and natural skills for goblins, slower learn rates for dwarves and such), but that's about it.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 09:52:16 pm »

Gods did this again, actually. Different god, different goblin, same world. If this is a bug, it's a consistent one.
Gods are consistently among the earliest historical figures, along with forgotten beasts, which suggests that the proper HFID is somehow being overwritten with a value intended for some other purpose.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."
Pages: [1] 2