Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50774 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #1005 on: December 29, 2019, 09:02:25 pm »

William was thinking as well.

"No, that's plausible. Unlikely, but plausible..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1006 on: December 29, 2019, 10:30:08 pm »

Vigdis frowned slightly (insofar as it was possible to tell) on hearing the girl's name. Not unusual nowadays, she supposed, but still not the most welcome associations.
"If we have a direction at all, we have to act on it. Having a more solid lead than a dusty old note about a catastrophe would be good, of course, but better than sitting in this place and waiting for more scum to try and open our throats." She glanced towards the armored man.
"Since this seems to be the question of the day: Uther, are you coming along?" Though her words were nonchalant, there was a slight hopeful note in her voice (an unusual thing indeed from the sour soldier.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 29, 2019, 11:00:13 pm »

Uther’d been posted nearby, arms crossed over his chest, looking rather uninterested in the whole thing. Now, that was mostly because he didn’t understand anything that was going on at the moment, but nobody else needed to know that.

At Vigdis’ question, the man steps up to her with an incredulous look.

”Ya gotta be out’a yer mind if yer askin’ me a question like that, kid.”

”Because all’a ya would have ta put me in a goddamn grave t’keep me from comin’ with!” He claps her on the shoulder, goofy grin plastered to his face. ”Now let’s beat feet to... uh...”

”Y’haven’t heard anythin’ about a treasure somewhere ‘round here durin’ yer time in the city, have ya?” he adds, hopefully so only Vigdis could hear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:06:06 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1008 on: December 29, 2019, 11:08:19 pm »

Vigdis snorted slightly at the question before nodding, the slightest smile flashing across her face for a moment.
"Well, it's good to hear you're enthusiastic about all this."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 29, 2019, 11:16:15 pm »

”Are you kiddin’? I wouldn’t miss a chance like this fer th’world. Plus, I... owe ya.”

There’s a... suspicious pause.

”...You an’ yer friends really helped out me an’ S’nija here earlier.”
Black lives matter.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 29, 2019, 11:23:02 pm »

"...We literally had been dealing with some sort of sapient golem recently, so I don't think you should be hiding information concerned it might sound absurd."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 29, 2019, 11:25:01 pm »

William held up a placating hand briefly.

"Let's just overlook that. Most of us are still getting used to this perilous business."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2019, 11:44:27 pm »

"I-I wasn't hiding it! I was just....c-concerned that it wouldn't be relevant....but forget about it. So, I guess....w-we should try to get to Warche somehow, right? It's the next clue."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 30, 2019, 08:36:59 pm »

Amber decided to leave the topic to the others, and instead went to check on a certain someone.

"Senija! Good to see you! What were you doing here, anyway? I'm glad we got here in time to help."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 05, 2020, 10:53:13 am »

Seeing nothing else of interest inside, William walked back outside and approached Astera.

"Here, read this."

He held out the note. Maybe she would recognize the description of the island on it.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 05, 2020, 03:50:19 pm »

Astera took the paper, looked at it, looked back at Will and shrugged.

"Am not reading this well. Is not my people script, is not my knowledge. Is important?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 05, 2020, 03:52:45 pm »

William deflated a little.

"Oh. I thought you read the first page..."

"I'll read it out for you."

He cleared his throat.

"My latest project was an abject failure! Despite the land being successfully raised, the resulting island was completely uninhabitable, at least by our people. Volcanic activity and earthquakes ravage it constantly, and it has already attracted dragons to make their nests there and threaten the coastline and beyond. But that's not the worst of it. The change in landscape has brought change in climate, and massive droughts have struck what was once the fertile land of Kiza. I am being blamed by all of this, along with the partners that made it possible, Zukovich and Salaam. I fear the rest of Kiza may decide that we have outlived our usefulness."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 05, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »

"Ah! No. Just was knowing what was on. Big man I took from was reading out loud. Is how I knew it was right paper. But mistake is all. No concern."

They smiled and then listened intently as Will read the text on the paper.

"Is sounding like bad place. Almost like home but not quite. Dragons would have to fly lots to reach coast here. Besides... Home is big place. Island split in two many many times ago. There is... рифт. Is space between two parts. Small parts in between. Is where луунууд were. No more луунууд now but once луунууд... Ah, луунууд are big creature. Breathe fire, fly. Am луу анчин. Know how to fight them, even if they are not here anymore."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 05, 2020, 08:25:17 pm »

"So луунууд means dragon... or possibly wyvern?"

William horribly butchered the pronunciation, not that it mattered.

"So not your home island then... but perhaps related? Ah, well. I was hoping you'd know more about it... Still, good to get your perspective on it."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 05, 2020, 08:48:00 pm »

"Mmm, yes, ok. Is probably not my island. My home is far away. Too far for most travel even... Is rare we see any from other places like here. Is why I am still here. Too far to go home. Want to be home but am here instead. But is good! Met new friends and have adventure here. So all is good."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79