Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50958 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #1020 on: January 06, 2020, 11:35:47 am »

William's face softened for a moment.

"...Maybe we can find an airship that can get you home. Or build one. There has to be some way for you to see your family and friends again."

He turned to address the rest, assuming they had listened to him reading off the paper.

"Well... Karin suggested Warche as our next destination. Do any of you know more about that island?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 06, 2020, 11:57:15 am »

"Unfortunately, I don't. And I doubt my informants would know about something obscure like that too."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 06, 2020, 09:14:58 pm »

:"Hey, Amber. Uh, you know... I was traveling. Like Mom did, when she was young."
She looked around -- it was just Amber and Clara talking to her at that moment, with the accented and kind of androgynous person being taken for what seemed like fairly urgent conversation, so she felt comfortable expressing this much:
:"It was... kind of getting to feel a bit much, is all. Learning more and more about this insane adventure that they were on, how they're... world-saving heroes and all... I just kind of felt... you know... how can I compare to that? Do you get me? So, uh, I didn't really know what to do and I decided that maybe traveling like my mom did would clear things up for me."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 06, 2020, 10:52:25 pm »

"Yeah, I get that... I sorta went out for the same reason. If Mom learned so much from adventuring, maybe it could work for me too, you know? I... kinda didn't expect that 'fighting gangs of murderous criminals' would be such a big portion though."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 07, 2020, 06:24:23 am »

:"Me neither, that's for sure!"
:"...and I can't say I much enjoy it, either. That was... that was kind of a lot. A lot of blood, too..."
:"I dunno that I really have any other options for now, though. If this is the kind of thing that I can get involved in just traveling... especially if any of those gangers got away... this is the only option I really have other than running back to Dargas as fast as I can. And that's neither guaranteed nor... well... something I think I can stomach."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:30:01 am by Powder Miner »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 08, 2020, 08:53:47 am »

"Yeah, I'm not going to let some thugs just chase me home either!" Amber said, nodding more to herself than anyone. "I'm sure nobody would object to you joining - you were super helpful in the fight and if this is going to just be how it is, an extra hand can't do anything but help. Although uh, kinda hope we don't get attacked everywhere we go."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 09, 2020, 05:36:42 pm »

:"It was... kind of getting to feel a bit much, is all. Learning more and more about this insane adventure that they were on, how they're... world-saving heroes and all... I just kind of felt... you know... how can I compare to that? Do you get me? So, uh, I didn't really know what to do and I decided that maybe traveling like my mom did would clear things up for me."

"Yes, I can... sympathise with that quite a lot."
"I have not told the others here of my parentage."
"I am hoping that perhaps I may be able to prove myself before any comparisons begin. Certainly, if Mother or Father were here, there would be little challenge, but..."
"I too would be glad to have you with us."

"I'm sure nobody would object to you joining - you were super helpful in the fight and if this is going to just be how it is, an extra hand can't do anything but help. Although uh, kinda hope we don't get attacked everywhere we go."
"Going by the stories I was told, however, it seemed they were assailed wherever they went - and it has been much the same for us."
"Let us hope we do not encounter some of the... colourful locations that they did."
Whgile Ketsuki had mentioned they had apparently gone to hell and back in the course of their adventure - quite literally - she never did care to speak much on it; she had encountered her master there and retrieved Galeforce, and that was as far as Clara really knew.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 09, 2020, 08:37:45 pm »

:"Yeah, I definitely don't want to tell people who my parents are either... I caught a bit of suspicion for that, but... honestly, I'm gonna stand firm on that."
:"It would totally defeat the point if people started gushing over my parents... just... yeah, ugh."
:"Also, yeahhh... if this is representative, I think we're kind of doomed to be attacked constantly, as far as fate goes."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 09, 2020, 09:08:41 pm »

"At least our parents got breaks between the fights most of the time! ...I've kinda... mentioned my parents already, heh. Kinda just slipped out. People sorta just took it and went with it, besides Karin? I promise I won't say anything about you guys, though."
Sigtext!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 11, 2020, 11:15:13 am »

That had been a bust every which way he turned it. The only remaining thing he wanted to do was approach Senija, but she was already talking with Clara and Amber - and she seemed to know both, which was cementing certain suspicions he had about Clara's lineage. Senija, he already knew about. She had her mother's eyes, just like he did... well, the color, anyway. By process of elimination she looked more like her father, which he wished he did. The only thing he had gotten from Matthias was the shape of his eyes; his nose, his jaw, his mouth, his real hair and his eye color, his height, even his voice although he tried to hide it... they were all hers. Hell, even his name might as well have been the same.

Not like me. I'm the one that should have been born.

Things would be better if it HAD been you. But it wasn't, and it never will be.

William looked down for a few moments, arms crossed, before moving to the nearest wall and leaning against it. He just needed a few moments to himself, that was all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 11, 2020, 11:35:31 am »

"I suppose we may look on the bright side - 'through adversity grows strength.' If we keep encountering situations like this, no doubt we will become much stronger quickly."
"Assuming we survive."
"Still, so far we have achieved admirably, and my healing abilities are only improving, so there is not much to worry about."

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 11, 2020, 12:06:24 pm »

"...So about the island. Do we know more about it, or will we dive in blind?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 11, 2020, 12:54:53 pm »

: I, for one, would like to inform myself on this island I just learned exists.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 11, 2020, 02:36:43 pm »

Senija let out a deep sigh at Amber's admission.
:"Well, I bet they'll figure out Clara and I eventually if they know who your parents are, just from me hanging around the two of you. But... ah well, I'll enjoy what I can get while the anonymity lasts."
:"And, heh... yeah, I guess we are going to be getting stronger, but I don't really see myself becoming a total monster of combat like so many of my family, eheh."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 13, 2020, 08:35:04 pm »

"Ehehehe... sorry about that. I can tell them that you're not? Maybe we met because I thought you were your mom but it turned out to just be someone named after her and we hit it off, or something like that!" She nodded to herself as if this was an excellent plan.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 79