Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50959 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 1x: Daring Escape.
« Reply #720 on: July 25, 2019, 10:04:59 am »

"I suppose we're just lucky no one stole your horse, as well."

William took the Quick Blade from his belt and held it out toward Clara by the middle of the sheath.

"This sword should fit an actual student of the Konian style. I can continue getting by with my bastardized version of it, for now."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #721 on: July 25, 2019, 03:36:29 pm »

"Someone stole my sword."
For a moment, she was still, staring at the complete lack of sword present, before she sighed. She took her glasses off,  and ran a hand across her face.
"That is a shame. I was fond of that blade."
As William spoke, she returned her spectacles to their place and looked back at him.
"I suppose you are correct, William. ...It would be a shame if you went missing, yes? They would probably eat you, or some other dreadful fate."
The last words were directed at the horse, and she patted its nose before she stepped back, taking the sword the older man was offering. She carefully drew the blade, and hefted it in one hand.
"A different weight than what I am used to, but it should not be hard to adjust."
"Thank you, William. Perhaps we can spar when we have more time."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 25, 2019, 04:13:40 pm »

Meanwhile, Karin is frantically searching her horse for anything that might be missing.
"There's nothing else missing from you guys, right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 25, 2019, 05:58:35 pm »

"That would be nice. I would like to spar with someone who's actually lived the training!"

"I'll do my best not to be a disappointing partner."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 25, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »

"As a matter of fact, I do have a better plan; keep a low profile, sharpen our skills and get to the treasure. IF they come after us, then we fight instead of trying to charge at them without the proper combat experience. But you will probably keep grumbling, so I will stop here."
Ismo reached for his bow as soon as Clara announced her sword was missing.
"I see we got more thieves than usual around here. That is unfortunate."
"That won't happen twice now that you are accompanied. We have enough eyes here to prevent us from being ambushed or robbed."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 25, 2019, 09:01:13 pm »

"I didn't mean now, Ismo. We'll have time once we're aboard."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #726 on: July 25, 2019, 11:54:40 pm »

Vigdis rolled her eyes.
"Yes, clearly you, the skulking spy, know more of battle tactics than me, the professional soldier. I bow to your superior acumen and beg that you impart your wisdom upon me," Vigdis said, in the exact tone of voice she used for everything else. "Please, educate me on 'maintaining a low profile' to avoid foes that already know our faces and where we are headed." She turned to Astera after a moment, to address the foreigner's words.
"Experiencing terrible things does not give you the right to inflict them upon others. I don't care how unfortunate those men were and are, they have chosen the path of violence, and so I will give it to them." She let out a short sigh. "But yes, I would like to move as quickly as possible." She gestured forward. "I don't believe standing here saying we want to move is the best way to get to our destination, however."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 26, 2019, 12:32:56 am »

"My words were directed to the 'mighty hero' tagging along with us, William. I wasn't questioning your plans to spar with Glasses."
"Such a predictable behavior from a little dog blindly following what they were taught, refusing to hear anything from the 'scum' of the streets. Guess you got the 'professional' part right when it comes to that."
Ismo just shook his head and passed by Astera, letting out some words in a much lower tone.
"Sleep with an eye open, we might have a little empire lapdog on our hands."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #728 on: July 26, 2019, 02:50:04 am »

"It's telling that your first response to someone showing the slightest bit of moral fiber is to belittle them."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 05, 2019, 08:56:04 pm »

"Are we set to go?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #730 on: August 06, 2019, 06:10:52 am »

~~~~Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past~~~~
At last, the group was able to hitch a ride on an airship thanks to Clara pulling strings. The ship carried them all the way to Rubidan without much of a problem, but once in the desertic town the party was once again on their own.

The Rubidan shipyards were exposed to the desert sun, but after touching down the group could enter the city proper, hidden below the sands under a protective dome. Rubidan was still very much a Kizamo town, very different from the skyline of Auroch. The buildings here seemed more haphazardly built, more independent from each house to the next, on every color of the greyscale. Sounds of rushing waters and engines much like the airships inundated the streets.

: So that was an airship! Impressive stuff, really. The city seems to have changed significantly in size, if not in style. Shall we begin our search then?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 06, 2019, 06:04:26 pm »

"Such an odd looking city...But yes, we should, there is no time to waste."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2019, 06:21:02 pm »

What in the hells is that thing on his shoulder?

Pfff. Billy-boy can't handle a big old bug. It's just an insect. It can be squashed like any centipede.

"Yes, I think looking around is in order. Is anyone here familiar enough with Rubidan to take point? If not, I'll do it."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2019, 06:38:55 pm »

"Unfortunately my knowledge related to Rubidan is limited, so at least for now I will just stay in the back to make sure nobody is going to follow us."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:38 pm »

: I could try to navigate us through the city but I have reasons to believe I'd be navigating us into a wall. Maybe we can ask one of the locals?

Ace asked one of the wandering people (one that looked least like a tourist) for a moment, an old man with plain robes and a tome under his arm.

: Can you tell us how to get to the Water Fountain?

The old man scoffed at Ace.

By "Water Fountain" you mean the classical one, right? Damn adventurers haven't stopped coming here because of that rumor, and they all leave disappointed and cause trouble, or worse, stay and cause trouble! You can find it yourself. Ace watched in silence as the old man walked away.

: Well, seems like at least the people haven't changed that much. What now?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79