Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50881 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #735 on: August 08, 2019, 03:46:56 pm »

: "Luckily you have a few born-and-raised Kizamites handy. We'll be able to get help to find this fountain easily. Right, Amber? Karin?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #736 on: August 08, 2019, 05:04:22 pm »

"Right!" Amber said proudly, "I've never been here, but I'm sure we can figure it out if it's anything like other places in Kizamo."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 08, 2019, 05:35:59 pm »

"R-right. You can definitely count on us two!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 10, 2019, 03:40:05 am »

"Very well then, if that's the case we should keep moving."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 12, 2019, 03:38:51 am »

Karin looks thoughtfully for a moment, looking around at the city, trying to put the last couple of hours (days? minutes? It was all a blur) out of her mind. She'd gone from treasure hunting to fighting to going on the run to treasure hunting again.

It was also a valiant attempt to avoid looking at the giant bug on Ismo's shoulder. Karin wasn't scared of insects per se, but, well....it was big, spiky and the size of Karin's hand and Ismo being completely nonchalant about it wasn't helping Karin.
"Okay. Uh...we should maybe, uh, find a library, see if we can't find old plans or maps for the city. Maybe if we look there, we should be able to find the Fountain, right?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:40:28 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 12, 2019, 08:30:41 am »

: An excellent idea!

Unfortunately for the group, the nearest library had a membership requirement for admission, due to the recent influx of unruly foreigners. In fact, most libraries around were unwelcoming to an obviously adventuring group.

: Seems like we aren't going to be able to depend on the goodwill of the locals. What if we try with other foreigners?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #741 on: August 15, 2019, 09:45:44 pm »

"Perhaps. It may also help to send our Kizamo natives to ask around, instead of expecting the locals to help more hooligans and thinly veiled bandits, as they see us." She thought for a moment, then turned to Ace. "You said the city doesn't seem to have changed in style, right? That means important locations should be organized in more or less the same way."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 17, 2019, 03:38:23 am »

"We have some time to relax, in my opinion. We have eluded our pursuers and have - as far as we know - the only clues in existence. Perhaps we should explore the city at our own pace for a few hours and meet up somewhere later to share information."

"Well... truthfully I mean to pursue my own interests for a bit."

"I'd like to see if there are any bookstores or libraries nearby. Perhaps I'll find something of note outside of piquing my curiosity."

Also because you're a recluse and you really just want some time alone so you can get some sense of self-control back. Well. As alone as you'll ever be.

The shadow put a heavy hand on William's shoulder.

Just you, me, and all the wonders and terrors we see. I wonder what they would say if we told them of the times you've spent wandering the emerald shores of that desolate far world, or spent hours exploring the forests of Menelea... or tried to shut your eyes against the blood and carnage the parents of your half-brothers and sisters left in their wake?

Shut up! You're not real, that wasn't real, none of it. It was just a child's overactive imagination and I am NOT crazy like my great-grandfather!

I'd say 'tell yourself that' but you already are. Well. We both know why YOU stopped seeing those things... but I still do. Go find your books, Billy. Or failing that, the bottom of a bottle. It's all someone like you is good for anyway.

"...I just need to get out of the sun, really. It's making my head hurt."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 17, 2019, 04:01:08 am »

"Perhaps I could come with you? T-two heads are better than one. N-not that you have to take me along. I-it's perfectly fine if you just wanna be alone for now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 17, 2019, 04:36:08 am »

"I have no problem with that. Even if this town is... safer, it's better not to go alone, right?"

William looked at the rest of the group.

"If anyone else would like to come with Karin and me, that would be fine too, but everyone coming along would spoil the idea of splitting up and looking around."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 22, 2019, 09:36:49 am »

: Now that you mention that, I could try to deduce a location from what I know and the landmarks available. Let's see...

Ace scanned the skyline (or underground line) of Rubidan, and pointed in a certain direction.

: The Fountain should be in that direction in a straight line, at around 150% the distance between here and that clock tower. Ace's pointed hand strayed from the direction of the Fountain towards the visible tower. That's a good point to meet if we find anything.

After splitting for a while and going in the approximately correct direction, William and Karin crossed paths with a hooded individual. While hoods were commonplace in mage towns, this particular person's demeanor alerted William in a subconscious way. Was it perhaps subtle glances, protective posture, hesitant walking, that made him stand out as a potential "adventurer"?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 22, 2019, 09:41:37 am »

Considering William was nervous about being alone with someone and sweating over whether walking in silence was rude or acceptable, it was fair to say he had the situational awareness of a brick and would have walked right past the hooded person if the shadow hadn't spoken up.

You should speak to Hoodie here.

Could be an interesting conversation.

The former guardsman started at realizing there was someone nearby and quickly raised a hand in greeting.

"Ah, good day there. We're new in town. Do you know if there's a bookstore or library anywhere nearby?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 22, 2019, 09:48:48 am »

The hooded person was startled and spoke hurriedly.

What? I know nothing. Leave me alone.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 22, 2019, 09:52:04 am »

William immediately raised a hand defensively.

"Ah, s-sorry... I didn't mean to..."

And then the guard training kicked in.

"Wait. What are you nervous about? Is someone following you? Do you need help?"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 79