Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50668 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #780 on: August 22, 2019, 12:17:12 pm »

Indeed, Karin does see the lack of discoloration. On the other hand, however, maybe he WAS from this place and just didn't wanna talk about it. After all, it wasn't the first time she'd heard that kind of excuse; plenty of people had something to hide.

Karin mentally shrugs and lets it go. Besides, they were.....acquaintances in search of the same thing. Surely she could trust William.
"Oh, okay! That's pretty clever, I should've thought to look for that. Lead the way, then."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #781 on: August 22, 2019, 06:14:36 pm »

"What do I wish to achieve? Well..."
"It may sound trite, by self-improvement, I suppose. My own parents did some small adventuring, and I hope to one day reach their heights of skill and proficiency."
"I do not imagine you are just here for sight-seeing either, Mr Mysterious."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 22, 2019, 07:42:43 pm »

"I would not call that trite, sharpening your skills is an important process in the life of someone who intends to dive into combat. Especially if you wish to reach some certain expectations."
"Well...I am mostly here for the treasure, to be honest. I did make that part very clear while striking a deal to assist this group but..."
"...Self-improvement is another thing I do desire to achieve, yes. There are a few pending matters I need to attend to eventually, and I need to be ready to fight properly."
Ismo lowered the tone of his voice for a moment and glanced to the side just to make sure a certain someone wouldn't hear his next words.
"I do happen to be working for an organization so I need to meet their expectations. Which does remind me...I still need to count the spikes of this Argiope."
Roll: 2
"Female. I suspect I will be getting quite the backache if she keeps this habit of climbing up after growing."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #783 on: August 22, 2019, 09:01:16 pm »

"Interesting. . ." She was a bit dubious about the prospect of luck as some sort of actual entity, but she couldn't exactly disparage someone being helpful. "Well, there's no point in dawdling further. We should get a move on, lest we have some unwanted meetings because we dragged our feet."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 23, 2019, 11:47:36 am »

William paused at the entrance to the tunnel.

"I don't think we should go any further on our own. You remember the way back, you said? Could you go fetch everyone and bring them back here while I keep an eye on this?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 23, 2019, 11:49:23 am »

"Um, sure. D-don't get into trouble before we get back, okay?"
Karin legs it to go grab the others.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 23, 2019, 11:53:11 am »

While Karin fetched the group, William peeked into the tunnel. The little light that went in was enough to see that the tunnel itself had caved in, and was blocked by debris.

Seems like they'd have to find some other way to the lab.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 23, 2019, 11:53:51 am »

"They do get rather big, or so I hear."
"Have you given her a name yet?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 23, 2019, 12:04:27 pm »

William looked at the tunnel. There was no way for him to plausibly explain how he knew where it exited - assuming the shadow would lead him there.

Of course I'm going to, dumbass. Otherwise I would've just wasted my time figuring out where it went. I'll show you when they get here.

"Yeah, OK. Maybe Ace can shift the rubble anyway, so we won't have to worry about it."

I can guarantee the other end goes into the lab where Ace was made. I saw him there.

"That's something, at least."

Hopefully if anyone caught that, they would think he was just muttering to himself about how to clear the tunnel out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 23, 2019, 12:12:55 pm »

"They certainly do, but where did you even learn about Argiopes? They aren't exactly pets, so I wasn't expecting to find someone with knowledge related to them."
Ismo tilted his head in confusion at her question.
"A name? I don't think I ever heard of someone giving them a name."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 23, 2019, 12:28:11 pm »

Karin, presumably at some point, finds her way back to the group with the others, walking up to Clara and the others.
"Hey, everyone, I think William and I found something. We found the fountain, right but.....he spotted some weird tunnel right next to it. Do you guys mind coming along, helping us check it out?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 23, 2019, 03:01:05 pm »

: You found the Fountain and the hidden exit? Let's go check it out!

Ace and the rest of the group followed Karin to the Fountain where William was waiting.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 23, 2019, 03:06:19 pm »

William raised a hand in greeting.

"The tunnel's collapsed. I'm not sure we can walk through there. But I think I have an idea where it exits out at, if you all want to follow me."

"But, um, if you'd rather know for sure than follow my intuition, we can spend time clearing out the debris. I'd understand. I wouldn't believe me either."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 23, 2019, 03:22:10 pm »

: No need to. Thanks to this information I can pinpoint the location and take you there through the streets. Shall we?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 23, 2019, 03:26:27 pm »

"Well, maybe she can be the first, then. There is no reason to call her 'her' all the time."
"As for where I learned about them, from my parents, my father especially. He has looked quite into historical and mythological monsters and creatures, Argiopes came up, and they were interesting enough he told me about them."

"The tunnel's collapsed. I'm not sure we can walk through there. But I think I have an idea where it exits out at, if you all want to follow me."

"But, um, if you'd rather know for sure than follow my intuition, we can spend time clearing out the debris. I'd understand. I wouldn't believe me either."
"Not that it matters if Ace can lead us to there, I suppose, but how do you know?"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 79