Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50661 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #795 on: August 23, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »

William hesitated, then sighed heavily.

"It's better that I don't say. You would only think I'm crazy."

"Let's just follow Ace."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 23, 2019, 04:20:50 pm »

Ismo rubbed the back of his head at the thought, showing he was unsure about something.
"...I suppose you do have a point, but I am not sure what to name her."
"Is that so? It seems your parents are truly something else, to be able to both carry all that knowledge and yet be effective in combat. I was only taught about Argiopes and them only due to their importance when it comes to hunting...Yes, hunting."
The spy knew she was smart enough to figure out what sort of hunting he was hinting at, so there was no reason to be more specific in case someone overheard them.
"They are still quite dangerous and aggressive, so I need to make sure she gets trained properly. And poisoning our own allies won't do us any good."
Ismo turned his head to the side as soon as Karin showed up to speak to them and gave a brief nod in response before following. After arriving at the designated place, William's behavior perked his curiosity again.
"And why would we think you are crazy? I don't see you babbling nonsense."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 04:23:35 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 23, 2019, 04:29:54 pm »

Go ahead. Tell them ALL your secrets, Billy boy. They'll leave you just like everyone else, and it'll just be you and me again. Best friends, always together.

William wiped some sweat from his brow with his palm, briefly tangled his hand in his hair, then let it drop back down to his side.

"It... it's best that I don't say. Trust me, all right?"

"It's my problem, so don't worry about it, OK? I swear I won't let the group down when you need me."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 23, 2019, 04:30:24 pm »

: Very well. It should be only a few turns.

Somewhere nearby, two people were cornered in a small alley by a group of thugs. One of them was an axe wielding knight, with armor tough enough to withstand the attacks from swords and knifes. The other was a lean dancer with a small sword. They had wandered across the group exiting a nearby building, something that they wanted to keep secret enough to attack the two, forcing them into that situation. While the knight could hold his own for now, the dancer noticed the wall at their backs was crumbling significantly...

: I see the laboratory! It's that grey building in front of us. It used to be more lustrous, but age seems to have dulled it. And yet it stands- who are those?

From the doors of the building Ace pointed at a group of people came out, armed to the teeth. One of them was the hooded man William and Karin saw. Furthermore, when Ace's own group stepped forward, they noticed even more armed people to the side, attacking someone in an alley.

...And they're still holding up, because they needed me to go there and finish the deal? It's rough enough that I had to go out and get a tome, I also almost got followed here- Wait! Those are them! They did find us! Get them!

//Senija Cizek Jr and Uther Meredith are in!

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
XP: 0/100
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 23, 2019, 04:34:41 pm »

"What IS it with thugs and alleyways...?"

"I'm going to go help that knight over there."

William to the H11 on the left.

"Hey! What's all this then?"

The standard 'cop just walked up' line. He hadn't had many chances to use it during his time as a guard, but perhaps he could still put some authority into it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 07:18:36 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 23, 2019, 04:40:41 pm »

"Hold up, I'm coming behind you!"
Karin to H12
Karin, on the other hand, had had plenty of the opportunities to use that line, but a slightly plump, cute-looking young woman wasn't exactly authority-inspiring unless she had a spear to your throat.

Still, it was worth a shot.
"Excuse me, gentlemen, but what seems to be the problem here?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 23, 2019, 04:46:20 pm »

The knight grunts as yet another sword strike clatters uselessly against his armor, then laughs out loud.

”Ahahaha! There's four'a you bastards here and ya still can't touch me? Yer all pathetic."

At that moment William and Karin make their way over. He hefts his axe and waves it at them.

”Hey, you two be careful! These scaaary bandits might tickle ya ta death if ya ain't watchin' out." His "warning" sounded, the man turns his attention back to the thugs accosting them...

”Now why don't you idiots watch an' learn how a real fighter does his work!"

...by way of an axe to the torso.

Uther attacks Adventurer A with his Iron Axe.

Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 23, 2019, 04:57:10 pm »

"Um."

William scratched the left side of his jaw, then turned to Karin.

"He doesn't really seem like he's in much trouble, does he? I still think we ought to help out anyway, though."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 23, 2019, 05:09:34 pm »

"It would be rude not to, right? It doesn't seem right to let him deal with those guys all by himself."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 23, 2019, 05:14:58 pm »

The axe went wide, and the armor went tink twice.

Quote from: Uther vs Adventurer A
Uther attacks!
Hit: 92+2-15-26=53. Roll: 60. Miss!

Adventurer A counterattacks!
Hit: 109+15-11=113. Autohit!
Crit: 5-3=2. Roll: 15.
Uther takes 13+1-13-3=0 damage!

Adventurer A counterattacks again!
Uther takes 0 damage!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
XP: 1/100
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 23, 2019, 05:17:22 pm »

"He does seem to have a hard time hitting them. But on the other hand, it doesn't look like they can get through his armor."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 23, 2019, 05:25:42 pm »

The man grits his teeth as his axe swings past the target. It's not as if he was in any danger, but this sure was getting annoying.

”Guess I'm a bit rusty... Can't seem ta hit these weak bastards. I wouldn't mind that help if yer still offerin' it, you two! They're gettin' on my last nerve here, I tell ya."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 05:27:54 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 23, 2019, 05:31:37 pm »

"We'll be right there, just hold on."

William drew his fencing blade and made ready to strike.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 23, 2019, 05:34:07 pm »

"R-right!"
Karin whips her lance around, preparing to run someone through. At least, that was the idea. Hopefully she didn't have to run someone through, but hey, that hasn't exactly been the norm recently.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #809 on: August 23, 2019, 06:37:41 pm »

"Oh joy, more refuse to clean up."
I13
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 79