Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50233 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 1: Warehouse of Mystery.
« Reply #510 on: April 23, 2019, 09:17:10 am »

William took the paper.

"I just wanted to make sure everyone made it out before I left."

Having answered Karin's question, he turned his attention to the paper and held it up to read aloud to the others as they walked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 23, 2019, 11:05:50 am »

The metal man thought for a bit before answering.

: I'm... how do I say it... more than just a golem. I have a more advanced mind than the golems you usually see. I was made with a definite purpose, a purpose no regular golem could fulfill. Problem is... I don't remember what purpose that is, so I'm sort of looking to find my purpose.

William read the paper. The story started abruptly, but it was clear that it was a continuation of the other paper that they had.

"...return, at least momentarily, to recover whatever remains of the research that led to this tragedy. I can't let it happen again.

It won't be easy, I will be hunted on sight and unfortunately they managed to counteract Salaam's teleporting staves just before all of this happened, so they will be on the lookout if they detect something like that.

I'll have to do it alone, but thanks to the passage behind the Water Fountain I should be able to make it to my laboratory safely. After I've secured what I need, I will make sure no one finds it again."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 23, 2019, 11:22:35 am »

"...return, at least momentarily, to recover whatever remains of the research that led to this tragedy. I can't let it happen again. It won't be easy, I will be hunted on sight and unfortunately they managed to counteract Salaam's teleporting staves just before all of this happened, so they will be on the lookout if they detect something like that. I'll have to do it alone, but thanks to the passage behind the Water Fountain I should be able to make it to my laboratory safely. After I've secured what I need, I will make sure no one finds it again."

William folded the paper and handed it back to Astera; there was no reason not let the friendly outlander hold on to both.

"So this Water Fountain is our next destination. Does anyone here know what that is? If not, we can always try Ismo's contact again."

He then turned to the golem.

"Also, do you have a name? I don't want to refer to you as 'it' or 'you'; it feels awfully rude to speak like that of someone."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 23, 2019, 11:51:55 am »

"A different golem without purpose? Well then, for now I am sure we can provide you with a temporary purpose; assisting us."
When William began to read the paper, Ismo moved a hand under his chin before shaking his head.
"So it is truly going to be a 'treasure hunt' here, isn't it? The need to move back and forth is a dangerous game around here."
"Unfortunately I only know about one fountain in Auroch, and it was built recently, so it isn't the same mentioned in the paper. So unless the spell flingers do know about some old fountain, we may have to reach my contact after all, that or the library."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #514 on: April 23, 2019, 04:07:13 pm »

"The library would run less risk of attracting attention." Not to mention it would mean consorting with fewer criminals. "There is a number of scholars in this group, it wouldn't be odd for us to go there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 23, 2019, 04:12:36 pm »

: Indeed! So... what can I assist you with?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 23, 2019, 04:19:08 pm »

"Right, library."

William nodded to Vigdis, then turned to the golem to see if he'd answer his question about having a name or not.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 23, 2019, 04:44:19 pm »

: Right, name. My creator wasn't one for names, he was more of a title user... But you can call me... Ace.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 23, 2019, 04:50:14 pm »

"Very well, Ace. A pleasure to meet you, and thank you for your assistance."

He held his hand out to shake, curious if that was something people did back when Ace was created... whenever that was. Maybe that was something else to ask.

"I'm curious. Do you know when you were created?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #519 on: April 23, 2019, 04:53:43 pm »

"Well, if you are very old, then you may know some of the names in these documents." She glanced in Astera's direction, taking the briefest pause before she spoke to the thief. "Could you show them to the metal man, please?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 23, 2019, 04:55:27 pm »

Ace shook William's hand, a bit stiffly, but he still knew how to not crush his hand.

: I don't know the exact number of years, my memory seems to have deteriorated but I'd say... a bit over 200 years ago?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 23, 2019, 04:57:16 pm »

The spy wasn't going to miss the opportunity to get someone else to assist them with the job, especially one who was apparently capable of healing.
"You will help us to keep on our feet, Ace. We probably will be dealing with other foes very soon, the news spread fast around here, so the other gangs might also try to look for what we have."
"And if we are heading to the library, we will take another path to reach it. Where does this tunnel lead to? I don't think I saw this tunnel connection before."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #522 on: April 23, 2019, 05:22:19 pm »

"It is good to meet you, Ace. I am Clara R-" she hesitated before finishing a little awkwardly:
"Just, um, Clara. Y-yes. Anyway."
"So did your master have a name or a title?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 23, 2019, 06:06:31 pm »

"I'm Karin. It's nice to have you around, Ace. T-thanks for saving us back there-"
"W-wait a second. Two hundred years old?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 23, 2019, 06:32:20 pm »

Ace nodded.

: I entered this tunnel from a ruined mansion near the center of the city. It used to lead to a tower that was at the time in the outskirts of town, but it seems to have been built over.

: Just Master, as far as I remember.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79