Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 50218 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 1: Warehouse of Mystery.
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2019, 01:47:55 am »

"It's disgusting that the government here has allowed things to reach such a state. No person should need to worry about gangs roaming through the streets in search of blood."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2019, 02:55:20 am »

"It always had been there, it just isn't very noticeable outside the slums. After all, they do need to make sure the population believe this place is perfect and that everything is fine."
"You know nobles usually prefer to avoid getting their hands dirty, so having gangs around can be very...Profitable for both sides. Same goes for all the hired swords there...And guilds."
In the end he was part of that system as well, he was a member of an organization-Even if they were focused on infiltration and quiet assassination, it didn't change the fact they were getting paid to hunt someone down. But there was no reason for him to share that sort of information.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 25, 2019, 07:05:35 am »

: I refuse to be tested until I can find my purpose. Maybe I will find or remember where my master's research is so you can work with that instead of experimenting on me!

Ace brought them to the only exit the tunnel had: an old mansion in Auroch's old town, well away from the slums, which would give the group some time.

: I don't remember Auroch having a Water Fountain before. Certainly not in Salaam's time, those were pretty rare back then...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 25, 2019, 12:00:57 pm »

"So this is your 'home'. I suppose we can use it for now and prepare for our next move."
Ismo moved a hand under his chin and simply nodded in response to Ace's words.
"Hmm. If you don't have knowledge related to that, we have no other choice but to visit the library later."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 25, 2019, 12:39:06 pm »

William looked back at the tunnel.

"Just in case, do you suppose we ought to block this off?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #545 on: April 25, 2019, 02:31:08 pm »

Amber hadn't been talking for a bit, just staring at the golem with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth. So cool... Mom would murder to see this, and study him (it?). And...

"Huh? Oh, I'm Amber. Nice to meet you Ace." she stared a bit more, then continued. "Yeah. Angry men would probably interfere with the tests. And the treasure grabbing."

She leaned in a little to Jasmine and whispered quietly, "If you manage to get him to agree to some tests I'm helping, alright?"
: "You're on." The mage raised her voice back to normal levels and re-joined the ongoing conversation. "Dunno how much good that would do. I think it'd be smarter to make tracks away from this place as soon as possible, before anyone can start following us."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 25, 2019, 02:36:36 pm »

"Fair enough."

William adjusted his collar slightly and then just kind of stood around awkwardly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 25, 2019, 03:56:50 pm »

"We will block it later, just in case Dionisos takes his chance to explore it with the rest of his gang. For now we need to figure out what to do with the complete lead we got."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 25, 2019, 04:10:11 pm »

"Right, well. If we're going to the library, then we'll accomplish little standing here. Or is there another option?"

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 25, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »

"We will only stay for as long as it takes to get those leads. We didn't only mess with one gang, like I said, news spread fast."
"So unless you are inclined to stay in Auroch and fight a large number of gang members at the same time, we should just do what we have to and leave for a while. The guy you saw over there with a massive axe isn't the only one leading a gang, or capable of cutting someone in half."

"Ah... When you put it like that, you're probably right."

"Well, we could look though the mansion, just a quick pass over if we're worried about the gang following us so quickly. If we leave before we check it out we may not get another chance."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #550 on: April 25, 2019, 04:46:41 pm »

"... So did you say you have been dormant, Ace, or have you been awake all this time?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 25, 2019, 04:47:18 pm »

Astera had been trailing behind, hiding their papers in some secret pocket in their outfit, and suddenly popped up next to Raf.

"Magic man is right. Always take chances to look where you are. Is good way to find shiny treasures, like swords! And money."

They paused, seeming to regret having said that last bit, and then quickly changed the subject.

"But also maybe finding clues. If metal man master was old, maybe he know things about fountain and treasure! Though, metal man, you know of uh... name... Salmaan is? He is in papers, how do you know him?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 25, 2019, 04:55:39 pm »

"That... is a fair point. Normally I wouldn't think of doing something like that, but the dust around here is quite thick. I don't imagine there's anyone around to miss whatever we might find of use."

"...Although, I'm not sure I could pick out what's useful and what isn't."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 25, 2019, 04:58:04 pm »

: Well, more temporary base than home. My master used to move around, but most research was undertaken in eastern Kiza. Now this place is picked apart and looted until nothing remained.

Ace turned to Clara.

: I have been completely dormant until recently. Master had to leave but left me with one last task to fulfill... I need to find out what it was.

Then Astera asked.

: Salaam was a colleague of my Master. His work on teleportation staves was good, but overshadowed by other stuff, so he also assisted my master and other researchers on occasions. But when you mention fountains... what other important names appear there?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:02:50 pm by Solymr »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 25, 2019, 05:03:22 pm »

Jasmine looked up from the dust-covered knickknack she was examining.

: "Hold up, 'completely dormant'? What woke you up, then? That tunnel was pretty long; I'm pretty sure you couldn't have heard us fighting those thugs."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79