Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wizard of Legend  (Read 792 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Wizard of Legend
« on: November 24, 2018, 12:42:58 am »

Trailer!

I didn't hear about this until this steam sale right now, but I got it and it seems pretty good.  It's a top-downy action game where you're a wizard.  It plays pretty fast, and feels good - good sound design and screen shake and stuff, very fluid, not clunky.

Looks like it has lots of spells for you to build your load out (all of which have 'enhanced' versions that can be obtained during each individual run) and a decent number of combinations of robe and wizard hat accessory.

I like that you have 6 spell slots, but can only start with 4 - the others have to be filled out with spells during a run, either from bosses or bought at a shop in the dungeon.

It also does the semi-roguelite thing where you get points during each run which you can use to unlock more stuff for subsequent runs, though rather than a straight up upgrade it's new spells, robes, etc.

Seems to be 12 bucks at GoG, etc, and I think it's on consoles as well.  I dunno how well it plays with keyboard/mouse, but it feels good on controller, if that's worth considering.

(EDIT:  Also worth mentioning is that I got to the beefy-ass rock boss dude on my first run and he killed me when he had just like a sliver of life left, and on the game over screen I could just hear him going HEURGH over and over again for like minutes, so I like to think he was flexing on my unconscious ass until I went back to the lobby.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:49:10 am by Farce »