Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engraving and Wealth  (Read 722 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engraving and Wealth
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:52:41 am »

Does smoothing and engraving actually increase fortress wealth? And if so, by how much?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving and Wealth
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 04:16:35 am »

Yes, it raises the architecture value (you can see your value with a broker with enough/minimum appraisal skill which is easy to level after your first caravan interaction)

I dont know for certain but it accounts for every exposed tile with something like +5 every smoothed space, the type of material in the walls and the quality of engravings too.

Smoothening and putting masterwork engravings all over a exposed native platinum vein for instance would be a really good way to level up architecture, as well as mining out a large space.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving and Wealth
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:01:18 pm »

From my tests in  current version 0.44.12:

smoothed floor = 3 (basic rock only tested, because it's hard to find any other)

smoothed stone wall = 4

smoothed gem/ore wall = 8 (no matter what ore or gem, tetrahedrite or native gold is the same)

engraving = 10 base value, modified by quality (i.e. from 10 for ordinary to 120 for masterwork). I haven't seen difference with walls and floors, and with cheaper and more expensive material. So it looks like engraving has the same base value as decoration, but without material multiplier.