Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 504 - canceled  (Read 5613 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 504 - Players found, nations genned, theorycrafting begin
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 09:18:21 am »

Each player can ban 2 nations.

As in, of the 5 generated "for you" or of all nations?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 12:47:36 pm »

The list of 20 nations is available for all players to pick, each player can ban 2 of those 20. So if you see an overpowered nation then you can ban it to ensure it doesn't get used. As an example if someone wanted to get rid of major combat casting nations then they can ban Chimmres and Nagryl. On the other hand someone could get rid of the two nations that have recruit anywhere sacreds, Gibbath and Kumrunbum. Hissor stands out to me a bit with them having the chorus master/slave spells, but only 1 of 3 of their large mages have spell singing. There are other unique things some nations have like negative death power, which by the looks of it means they are stronger in growth.

I'm honestly a bit worried that this is a bit too complex.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 05:36:13 pm »

Oops, the seeds I gave were for setting 0, not setting 1. I'll replace them. I'm gonna be appalled for all y'all if all the hoburg elephant knights vanish.

Aside from that rather significant issue, it doesn't look like it should be problematically complex to me - I've definitely set up worse games. There's not THAT many moving parts, and all the players are old hands (for various values of old).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:42:19 pm by E. Albright »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

So... if there aren't any (more?) objections to nations, we can start?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

Yes, we can start with the bans. I guess I"ll start first by banning Gibbath(sacred trampler) and Cimmres(ridiculous mage power).

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gibbath seems like it was a good choice to ban for the recruit-anywhere sacred Dustwalkers even if they didn't have cap-only sacred chariots on top of that.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

Gibbath seems like it was a good choice to ban for the recruit-anywhere sacred Dustwalkers even if they didn't have cap-only sacred chariots on top of that.
The knight of fire is cap only, the lord of fire is recruit at any citadel with a temple.
Spoiler: This is turn 3 (click to show/hide)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ouch. Ouuuuuuch. I tend to forget about sacred commanders like that. There should probably be some measures in place to assure some chassis don't have commanders with a CP cost below 2.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

I am corrected, dust to dust is thau 1 and can kill such a unit fairly easily. I still stand by the bans I made, now just wait for the other 3 players to select their bans then we can start the game.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll check em out on the weekend : )

Nevermind, basically no time these days. I announce no bans at all.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:47:16 am by ThtblovesDF »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

That is unfortunate, but understandable. There hasn't been posts from the others, so I am getting a bit concerned I didn't relay that there was no order of bans.
Pages: 1 [2]