Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night (Legacy Thread)  (Read 126194 times)

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 1.98
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2020, 01:24:55 am »

Well one important thing I should add to the info document is that pellet clusters don't go in rail-rifles. I'll add what goes where right now.
Yeah ammunition/weapon assignment really confused me, even the RAWs on them are confusing.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2020, 01:46:53 am »

Well one important thing I should add to the info document is that pellet clusters don't go in rail-rifles. I'll add what goes where right now.
Yeah ammunition/weapon assignment really confused me, even the RAWs on them are confusing.

Well it should be fixed now, though its for the current update post-gun overhaul.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

tpssurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2020, 06:14:02 pm »

Noob here. How do I install this mod on the Lazy Newb Pack?
Do I just drag and drop all the content into the DF folder of LNP?

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2020, 10:30:39 pm »

Noob here. How do I install this mod on the Lazy Newb Pack?
Do I just drag and drop all the content into the DF folder of LNP?

Apparently Therapist works but I've never used LNP so I don't know about all that.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2020, 11:10:01 pm »

LNP just uses whatever is in the Dwarf Fortress folder. Replace and rename it with The Long Night and that should work fine.

You're likely to get some errors with any texture packs LNP uses - but they won't break the game.

cosmiq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 1.98.5
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2020, 02:53:01 pm »

This mod is great - Thanks for the effort!
I just stumbled upon a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is just awesome!   8)

Not sure if dfhack will work with this. Anyone can tell, before I make an attempt?

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2020, 05:57:55 pm »

For some nano reason, my worlds (the ones that used the EPILOGUE LARGE param set) did not generate with both good and evil biomes. Savage biomes do generate, but the were located exclusively on the western edge of Earth. Do you know why I get this and do you know how to fix it?

P.S.: Damnably good mod. I find the setting of post-industrial polluted post-apocalpyse cyberpunk-sci-fi Earth most intruiging and most original. Here, have an fruit™ and some nuts™ for your good work.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:03:07 pm by Piotrhabera »

Bones Johnson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 06:17:13 pm »

Hello! Really enjoying your mod, and really enjoying the great world you've come up with.

I have found a few problems over the last few days though. My current fort is populated by Technasaura, and I'm unsure whether it's intentional or not that they are unable to embark with axes or seeds. Seeds aren't too big of an issue, as I don't think their alcohol dependent so waters good enough, and fishing provides plenty of food. Axes, on the other hand, do. I thought I could just make an axe by crafting more Nanotechne bars, but whenever I order more grade-C bars to be crafted, for some reason new bars are not being made - my stock of Nanotechne bars remain the same, whilst other metal bars used in the process are used up. I even tried buying an Nanotechne anvil off some traders and melting it down, and when I tried crafting more grade-C bars, my stock actually reduced from 4 to 2 bars. I think my smelters might be using multiple bars of Nanotechne grade-C, so no new bars are really being produced, except for the occasional time the stocks go from 2-3, then back to 2 again.

This issue is pretty bad. Trying to craft more grade-C bars is purely detrimental, and I'm going to have to rely entirely on trading to get any weapons and armour, and as I've had no axes for a long while, I have very few beds, but more importantly lots of trees getting in the way stopping me from building upwards.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:19:57 pm by Bones Johnson »
There's a skeleton in all of us, waiting to burst out.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 08:40:14 pm »

Hello! Really enjoying your mod, and really enjoying the great world you've come up with.

I have found a few problems over the last few days though. My current fort is populated by Technasaura, and I'm unsure whether it's intentional or not that they are unable to embark with axes or seeds. Seeds aren't too big of an issue, as I don't think their alcohol dependent so waters good enough, and fishing provides plenty of food. Axes, on the other hand, do. I thought I could just make an axe by crafting more Nanotechne bars, but whenever I order more grade-C bars to be crafted, for some reason new bars are not being made - my stock of Nanotechne bars remain the same, whilst other metal bars used in the process are used up. I even tried buying an Nanotechne anvil off some traders and melting it down, and when I tried crafting more grade-C bars, my stock actually reduced from 4 to 2 bars. I think my smelters might be using multiple bars of Nanotechne grade-C, so no new bars are really being produced, except for the occasional time the stocks go from 2-3, then back to 2 again.

This issue is pretty bad. Trying to craft more grade-C bars is purely detrimental, and I'm going to have to rely entirely on trading to get any weapons and armour, and as I've had no axes for a long while, I have very few beds, but more importantly lots of trees getting in the way stopping me from building upwards.

Ah yes hm. Technasura were not originally meant to be playable and on a whim I just slapped the playable tag on them in the last update but totally forgot that in their current state they'd be totally broken, whoops. All the other races should work perfectly fine. I'll fix this in the next update.

Also, nanotechne can be made via the consumption of more nanotechne because any metal can be used in that interaction. What's happening with you is that your nanotechne is being consumed to produce new bars, so you need to forbid it from being used and designate other metals for conversion into nanotechne.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:05:34 pm by squamous »

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 1.98.6
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2020, 02:43:20 am »

(I'm playing as fext, if it matters.) So I notice in the 'Stone' section of the Z - stocks menu that rusted metal is listed as being usable for making steel, pig iron, and quicklime, but I can't seem to find the reactions for these things anywhere, and if I try to queue them up via the manager I just get the "No suitable workshop" note on the job. What am I missing? Is it just that fext can't make pig iron or steel? Because that strikes me as kind of odd, honestly.

I also can't seem to find the reaction to make rusted metal bars.

theblacksquid

• Escaped Lunatic
  • When in doubt, magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2020, 03:28:03 am »

(I'm playing as fext, if it matters.) So I notice in the 'Stone' section of the Z - stocks menu that rusted metal is listed as being usable for making steel, pig iron, and quicklime, but I can't seem to find the reactions for these things anywhere, and if I try to queue them up via the manager I just get the "No suitable workshop" note on the job. What am I missing? Is it just that fext can't make pig iron or steel? Because that strikes me as kind of odd, honestly.

I also can't seem to find the reaction to make rusted metal bars.

Rusted metal can only be found as a smeltable rock, as far as I'm aware. And last time I played, looks like the Fext can't make steel, but can make their own type of nanotechne metal. Look for "Fext Nanotechne", and it just requires some metal bars. Rusted Metal can be smelted for a small amount of machinery bars, iirc, and old machinery is a lot better to smelt. Making Fext nanotechne is also great if you happen to find a vein of "recycled alloy" which you could smelt into various metal bars, and then turn into weapons-grade fext nntechne.

Bones Johnson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2020, 10:27:08 am »

Hello again! Thanks for giving Technasura axes. They still can't embark with seeds but eh. Though in the latest version, it seems the Technasura in the worlds I've generated have a tendency to have all their civilisations die out. In my short history world, the Technasura civ I picked has no notable figures/nobles, and I've recieved no caravans and recieved only two small migrant waves, and I've recieved a "no migrants this season" message. I was given no warning I was embarking with a dead civ so I'm unsure what's up. In my second medium history world, there was only one Technasaura civ selectable, and there was a place where they had the option of Technasura neighbours, but trading wasn't an option.

Can Technasura have children at least? I'm not recieving any visitors, so if they can't have children, this fort is pretty doomed.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2020, 11:38:31 am »

Hello again! Thanks for giving Technasura axes. They still can't embark with seeds but eh. Though in the latest version, it seems the Technasura in the worlds I've generated have a tendency to have all their civilisations die out. In my short history world, the Technasura civ I picked has no notable figures/nobles, and I've recieved no caravans and recieved only two small migrant waves, and I've recieved a "no migrants this season" message. I was given no warning I was embarking with a dead civ so I'm unsure what's up. In my second medium history world, there was only one Technasaura civ selectable, and there was a place where they had the option of Technasura neighbours, but trading wasn't an option.

Can Technasura have children at least? I'm not recieving any visitors, so if they can't have children, this fort is pretty doomed.

They can have children, yes. Also, they are meant to be a rare race so those other problems can't be helped. However, they don't need to eat so seeds is less of a problem I think.

Bones Johnson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2020, 02:49:13 pm »

They can have children, yes. Also, they are meant to be a rare race so those other problems can't be helped. However, they don't need to eat so seeds is less of a problem I think.

They don't need to eat? Huh, I guess I've never really checked, I just assumed they would need to seeing as they still drink water and Dwarf Therapist says some are grouchy that they're being kept from alcohol.

Fair enough on them being rare. Might take a while to bring the forts population up, but at least there's some hope for the fort yet.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2020, 04:59:22 pm »

They don't need to eat? Huh, I guess I've never really checked, I just assumed they would need to seeing as they still drink water and Dwarf Therapist says some are grouchy that they're being kept from alcohol.

Fair enough on them being rare. Might take a while to bring the forts population up, but at least there's some hope for the fort yet.

They don't eat but do drink. Alcohol is just a pleasure, so some of them will enjoy it if it becomes available but it isn't a necessity. This also applies to other cyborgs, or should/will in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25