Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dungeon Rush: A Semi-Minimalist RTD  (Read 19389 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Rush: A Semi-Minimalist RTD
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 09:24:37 pm »

Ok, let’s retry the character sheet:

Name: Jack
Monster Class: Spectre
Monster Type:
Floor: 1
Inventory: Absolutely nothing.

((Better, but wouldn't spectre be a type of ghost, and thus belong to the Ghost Monster Class?))
Ah, sorry about that. I’ll go change it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 09:40:46 pm »

(By "Lizard" I assume you mean some sort of Komodo dragon-like thing, right?)

((With lizard, I mean a large dungeon lizard. You're not too small to be stepped on, but you're still kinda fragile. Size of about a small cat. You can evolve into a Komodo Dragon or a Cocodrile later, but I would understand if you want to pick another Monster Class instead.))

Don't worry. I have no problem with playing a weak class.

After all, I've had previous experience with 'em, Pguhyuh.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 10:26:39 pm »

(What is my evolution tree going to be, if I don't do anything special to change it?)

((Your starting monster, but overall better. Bigger and stronger, but with no special abilities or traits.))

((With lizard, I mean a large dungeon lizard. You're not too small to be stepped on, but you're still kinda fragile. Size of about a small cat. You can evolve into a Komodo Dragon or a Cocodrile later, but I would understand if you want to pick another Monster Class instead.))

Don't worry. I have no problem with playing a weak class.

After all, I've had previous experience with 'em, Pguhyuh.

((Got it. Weak Monster Classes will have stronger evolutions, too. I'm allowing evolving from one Monster Class to anoter if they are similar enough and you archieve things towards that particular goal, so you'll be able to eventually evolve into a Dragon or Dinosaur later on as they are both reptiles.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 12:18:13 am »

Name: Jinglefoot, the Easily-spotted
Monster Class: Halfling
Monster Type:
Inventory: 100 silver coins, all sewn into his tunic (yes he wears a tunic)

How's that? Or what Class of monster does Cannibalistic Halfling count as?

((Would you be okay with just Halfling? You can be as cannibalistic as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you would still be part of the Halfling family of monsters.))
Yes! Make it so.

Monster Type:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 04:13:41 am »

Short sword, I chose you!
Fortify the entrance of the dungeon, and some other important places.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 08:03:54 am »

>Have both my head and body move towards the entrance. Jump on down into the back of one of the Chosen Ones to generally annoy them. There is absolutely no way this can go wrong.TM

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2018, 08:26:08 am »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2018, 08:50:12 am »

Name Manfred
Class : vampire bat

find some prisoner of dungeon to feed on

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2018, 11:58:03 am »

((I have a question. Since I'm practically controlling two separate characters, a Headless Rat Zombie and a Rat Zombie Head, if one of the two die, do I get to play as a newly respawned character alongside the same monster which was part of my starting two?))

Also, Sprinked Chariot, the character sheet is as following: (Taken from the original post and edited to be a bit more clear.

Name: (Self-explanatory, although not really required. This never changes.)
Monster Class: (The family of creatures you belong to. Examples include: Slimes, Goblins, Imps, Lizards, Mimics, etc. Classes of powerful monsters are not allowed at start, this includes groups like Demons, Dragons or Giants. This never changes. Keep it broad enough so that there are multiple types that you can have, but not too broad so you don't get a mimic instead of a golem.)
Monster Type: (The current monster you are right now. Leave this empty, one will be given to you from the ones available in your class. Sometimes changes upon death.)
Status: (Healthy is the default. Being affected by status effects like poison or being hurt change this.)
Floor: (The dungeon floor you are currently on. This starts at 1, the ground floor. This is also the floor at which the Chosen Ones will arrive. Monsters that leave the Final Dungeon are considered deserters, which are punished with having their pay cut.)
Inventory: (You may start with as much coins of any kind as you want, but keep in mind monsters don't have any use for currency, despite being paid for their work. Entire inventory is lost upon death.)
it's over

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2018, 12:57:41 pm »

((I'll say that if both parts are separed from each other, you'll have to focus on one. If that part is destroyed, you'll die. Think of it as that part holding your soul while the other becomes mindless.))

((Update soon. Make sure to update your sheets and include them with your action.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2018, 03:59:30 pm »

Name Manfred
Monster class : vampire
Monster type : vampiric bat
Status healthy
Floor 1
find some dungeon prisoner to feed on or failing this find some drinkable minion of dungeon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2018, 04:57:21 pm »

Turn 2

((I cleaned some sheets a little, trying to keep things simple. Fixed some stuff to make writting this turn easier.))

Help the fire salamander rally up those troops! They'll need to survive if I want any future minions!

[4] You manage to calm down the panicking reptilians and group them together. Everyone is organized and ready for combat now. The Fire Salamander, seeing your leadership potential, thanks you and asks if you would like to lead the charge against the enemy with him.

(No changes.)

nyaaa

Name: ERGLAGVER
Monster Class: kitten
Monster Type: black kitten
Inventory: Empty

((Well, if you want to be stuck as a kitten and never evolve into bigger felines, then so be it.))

[2] You meow loudly, but everyone just ignores your presence. Stupid goblins.

Follow that rat! If I can't eat it, maybe I can sneak some food from the storage room.

[6] The rat had already left a while ago, but you follow after it. You slither to the Storage Room, and then chaos happens.

(See end of turn.)

Ask if any of the other goblins have sharp implements, and if they do, borrow it and sharpen the handle end of my club so the bottom can be used for stabbing.

[5] One of your fellow grunts hands you a crude metal dagger, which you use to sharpen the end of your club. He even lets you keep it, saying he already has another.

You examine the dagger and quickly recognize it as being made of Goblinite. You know that goblins aren't exactly bright (as you are a goblin too), and that goblin blacksmiths tend to just smelt random things together into poor quality alloys, which they call Goblinite. Goblinite weapons aren't very sharp and don't last for long, but they are easy to make in large quantities and get the job done against most fleshy creatures.

(Inventory: Sharpened Small Wooden Club, Goblinite Dagger.)

attempt to shuffle myself over to the doorway to act as a blockage and tripping hazard for the oncomming chosen ones.

[1] You are about to leave the Storage Room when chaos happens.

(See end of turn.)

Lock a random door and throw the key inside a mimic

[6] You stumble into the Storage Room, and then chaos happens.

(See end of turn.)

Ok, let’s retry the character sheet:

Name: Jack
Monster Class: Ghost
Monster Type:
Inventory: Absolutely nothing.

[3] You are a Hungry Ghost! The unfortunate soul of a gluttonous adventurer that starved to death, hopelessly lost on the Final Dungeon. All you can think right now is about finding food and a way to sate your endless hunger. You know your superior, a Necromancer, had ordered you to protect the entrance to the second floor, but you don't really care about what the old man says.

In your way to the Storage Room, you find another ghost like you. A Shade, it seems like. Hey, maybe they can help you steal something to eat from the storage. You haven't eaten anything for a full hour! You think you might even try to eat him if you don't find a way to deal with your hunger...

(Now a Hungry Ghost. Status: Peckish.)

He glanced around, confused.
"Erm... I don't think I'm supposed to be this deep in." He hissed uncertainly. "But I'm not exactly rushing to get slaughtered by The Chosen Ones either. But if I stay here, then I'll just get on y'all's nerves. So I have something to learn while I'm here, then I'll go back to Floor One. Can someone teach me some solid offensive magic? All I have is this tingly sparkle thing. I've always envied you full Demons and Devils for your magical power." He holds up his hands and does his sparkly ember thing. "So impressive..."

((Your coin is not already soulbound, you'll need someone who knows about soulbinding to bind it to your soul first.))

[6] One of the Red Devils laughs. "Hah! I can't believe it! A First Floor that doesn't want to get killed!"

"Let me give you a tip. You're going to stay here forever, and death isn't going to stop that from happening. If you're going to get killed, make your death interesting and entertaining to watch. Be creative! You'll see what I mean when you start to remember."

After that, he teaches you a basic fireball spell. It's quite taxing on your magic reserves, but powerful enough to defend yourself. Once he's done teaching you the spell, he calls another demon specialized in warping magic, and you are teleported back to Floor 1.

Inside the Storage Room. And then chaos happens.

(Floor: 1. See end of turn.)

Set up in the shadows.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

[6] You quickly move behind a nearby chest and prepare to ambush the adventurers when they arrive. The rest of the slimes follow you, though. They all try to hide behind the chest, making your cramped hiding spot even more so. You're very well hidden inside the pile of slimes, though.

(Status: Hidden.)

Scream for help! If that doesn't work, use the coins to adorn my potty body and look fabulous so an adventurer will be fooled!!

((As a note, there are multiple sizes of creatures like mimics and slimes, so keeping size is important in your sheet. There are Pot Mimics and Small Pot Mimics.))

[3] You scream for help, and you think you hear some steps far ahead. Maybe if you keep trying, someone might help you out of the chest.

You also fill yourself with coins you already had. It doesn't do much, as you are still inside the solid chest and no one can see you.

(No changes.)

Try to find my bearings, or barring that, any other monsters.

[3] About your location, you're not entirelly sure. You somehow know you're on the first floor of the Final Dungeon, whatever that place is. But other than that, your mind is almost blank. Your thougths are interrupted by the presence of a "round" ghost. Some part of your subconscious tells you that they are a Hungry Ghost, and your instinct is telling you to not get too close to their mouth.

(No changes.)

Flick my tongue and sniff the air to find out which direction the prey is in.

[5] You sniff the air, and find the scent of a small mammal. A Rat, specifically. Following their tracks, you end in front of the Storage Room. And then chaos happens.

(See end of turn.)

Name: Scott
Monster Class: Skeleton
Monster Type:
Inventory: 3 Silver Coins

[4] You are a Gnome Skeleton! You have been tasked with protecting the stairs to the Second Floor along with a Halfling Barbarian. You think you heard them mutter something about breaking bones and smashing skulls, so you have been trying to not stand too close to him.

In the distance, you see a Gnoll leaving a room. Huh, you thougth that all the Gnolls were supossed to stay on the Second Floor and above. Maybe you should ask them why are they on the First Floor, and it would also be the perfect excuse to leave your berserking companion.

(Now a Gnome Skeleton.)

Monster Type:

[3] You are a Halfling Barbarian! Screw using any of your innate racial abilities, you hate stealth and all you want to do is bash the skulls of those human invaders. Talking about skulls, there's a Gnome Skeleton nearby. If things get too boring, you might start breaking his bones just because you can.

Currently, you are in charge of protecting the stairs to the Second Floor, despite your requests to be allowed to go outside fight the heroes right now. They didn't even give you a weapon at all! You feel your rage increasing.

(Now a Halfling Barbarian. Status: Irked.)

Short sword, I chose you!
Fortify the entrance of the dungeon, and some other important places.

[5] You grab a nearby short sword. It's sharp and made of quality iron, unlike most goblin and orc weapons. Probably belonged to a hero that died on the first floor due to overconfidence. After being allowed to choose a weapon, you leave the Armory. You are now near the stairs to the Second Floor, and you see two small figures guarding the stairs. If you remember correctly, the entrance to the Final Dungeon and the stairs are on opposite directions.

(Inventory: Iron Short Sword.)

>Have both my head and body move towards the entrance. Jump on down into the back of one of the Chosen Ones to generally annoy them. There is absolutely no way this can go wrong.TM

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)

((I'll roll two dices, one for each part.))

[4][6] And then chaos happens.

(See end of turn.)

[2] You are a Pixie! And you are one of the smallest monsters to have ever existed. Also, you're not entirelly sure where you currently are. You are currently in a dusty and abandoned room, and the celling is full of bats. You see one fly straight against the door and falling to the ground.

(Now a Pixie. Status: Lost.)

Name Manfred
Monster class : vampire
Monster type : vampiric bat
Status healthy
Floor 1
find some dungeon prisoner to feed on or failing this find some drinkable minion of dungeon

[1] You fly straight against the room's closed door. You hit your head pretty hard, you feel dizzy and everything is spinning now.

(Status: Confused.)

A Snake, a Skeleton, an Imp, a Lizard, a Mimic and a Rat walk into a room. Chaos ensues.

The Rat Head manages to pass unnoticed, but it's lack of legs prevents it from leaving the room before a Skeleton locks the exit. An Imp falls on top of their body and the snake, too.
(No changes.)

The Headless Rat scrambles on various directions, dropping things to the ground and causing a general mess. He's is caught by the Snake, but, luckily, avoids being consumed by an imp falling from the sky. Unluckily, they are both now stuck below the imp. And then a Skeleton locks the only exit of the room.
(Status: Stuck.)

The Snake, feeling hungry, starts to chase the Headless Rat. Just when they manage to catch it, an imp teleports just above both. How rude. Unable to move, the Snake and the Headless Rat are both helpless below the imp's heavy body. They see a Skeleton locking the door, making everyone unable to leave.
(Status: Stuck.)

The Imp bids farewell to his new demonic friends, and is teleported back to the First Floor. Inside the Storage Room, just above the Snake and the Headless Rat. He falls on top of both, leaving both critters at his mercy. A Skeleton enters the room, locks the door and drops the key inside a Mimic, who satrts chocking on it.
(Status: Prone.)

The Mimic, not wanting to take part of the chaos, starts to leave when a Skeleton locks everyone inside and throws a key inside your mouth. You can't breathe! In your panic, you also notice a Imp teleporting on top of the Headless Rat and the Snake, trapping both of them.
(Status: Chocking. Inventory: Storage Room Key.)

The Skeleton, feeling like a clever prankster, kicks the door open, takes the key of the room, locks the door from the inside and throws it inside a nearby Mimic, who starts choking on it. Uh oh. Just as he turns around, he sees an Imp teleporting into the room and falling on top of some critters.
(No changes.)

After all of this happens, a Lizard ends in front of the Storage Room. It tries to enter, but the door is locked. All it can hear is the loud sounds of fighting and things breaking.

Everyone near the entrance to the Final Dungeon hears a loud crash and what sounds like a wooden boat falling against a pile of rocks. The Chosen Ones will enter the Final Dungen next turn.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:14:55 pm by randomgenericusername »
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2018, 05:11:48 pm »

"I'll do you proud, sir!"

Begin a speech. Prepare for the battle.

"Us red-shirts are about to have the fight of our lives, and our next lives, and the lives after that. We will die, it's just a matter of when. And I tell you what soldiers, we are going to die spilling the guts of the Chosen Ones, floor after floor, making them fight for every inch! Glory to the lizards, who bring the legendary Dragons to the world! Glory to the Overlord, who pays us our gold! Glory to the First Floor Regiment! Hoorah!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Rush
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »

Do a [cute... kitten. things.] to the goblins who dare to ignore a [kitten]!

Name: ERGLAGVER
Monster Class: [kitten]
Monster Type: black [kitten]
Inventory: Empty
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2018, 05:26:46 pm »

Sharpen my teeth using a copper coin. Prepare to lunge at the throat if it's a Chosen One that opens the chest, or just exit if it's a monster

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:29:24 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11