Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Ruins: Awakening (SG)  (Read 2956 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
The Ruins: Awakening (SG)
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:51:24 pm »

You awaken from slumber to a pitch black room. The first thing that you register is a steady hiss of steam. There's loud metallic groans and creaks sounding all about just under the hiss of the steam. Underneath you lies a metal surface, heated by your presence.

A red light flashes, giving a small view of a huge switch, but nothing else. The light goes out after a five second period, plunging you back into the darkness. It comes back about fifteen seconds later. This cycle repeats again and again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:01:55 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ruins: Awakening (SG)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 01:03:07 am »

Well only thing to do is, not flip that switch and see what is around us, by feel if necessary.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:08:37 am »

You can tell that the room is rectangular with odd bits poking out here and there. There's a large object somewhere in there that is hot and round. Several times you step in some fluid.
   You find a recess in the wall that feels large enough to stand in. It's only 4 inches deep, though. All the while, the switch in the back continues to be illuminated by the weak light.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 04:52:09 am »

Flip the switch.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 11:27:39 am »

You approach the switch, careful to not trip. Once you get to it, you see its a giant breaker bar. There's a sign above it.

You briefly regard the sign before shutting the breaker. There's a sharp crack and a pop when it shuts. A few seconds later, a humming can be heard from somewhere in the space. A second later, the light comes on, revealing the room around you.

Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)

The light's gone out just above you, leaving you in obscuring darkness. You ponder who you are.

You remember:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:46:37 pm by Sosoku234 »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:15:18 pm »

((Fixed the image to a better size.))

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 11:25:00 pm »

See that red twisty bit on the pipe, on the left side of the room? Counterclockwise, 270 degrees.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 04:37:11 am »

See that red twisty bit on the pipe, on the left side of the room? Counterclockwise, 270 degrees.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:22 am »

You turn the valve 246 degrees before it stops moving. The flow through the pipe ceases. The steam issuing from the cylinder also ceases. There's a click as the door unlocks. The condensate from the steam drains through some cracks in the ground, revealing a hammer.

Spoiler: Area (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 02:43:29 am »

Grab the hammer, then dig through the rubbish pile.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 09:37:46 am »

Grab the hammer, then dig through the rubbish pile.

You grab the hammer. It's a wood hammer. The head is a little bit rusty and the handle is starting to show signs of to, but is solid enough to survive for maybe a few good swings.

You dig thtough the rubbish unearthing two pieces of bent sheet metal, a ruined piece of paper, and about eight pounds of rotten wood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 06:56:28 am »

Grab the two sheets of metal and head through the door.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 09:02:05 am »

You pick up the metal sheets and hold them under your arm as you open the door. The door slides open with a shriek of unlubricated metal on metal. It opens into a hallway with nothing in it but that same pipe from the previous room. Its about 40 feet long with another door at the other end. The door to behind you closes when you enter.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:56:35 am by Sosoku234 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 05:44:20 am »

Go to and open the other door.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 10:57:10 am »

The door opens with a small whirring, but nothing else. The room beyond has a large assortment of pipes of varying sizes and colors, some with insulation, some with metal sherts attached to them. There's a bunch of valves sticking out everywhere. It is near impossible to determine what goes where.

At the far end of the room, there's another sliding door, with a normal swinging door on the side. In the middle of the room is a raised portion with a ladder on the left and a device hanging from the cieling on the right.

There's bunches of tools and papers scattered about. The steel in the room is rusty beyond repair, as are most of the tools. On some, their paint is swiftly giving way to a layer of rust.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:55:08 am by Sosoku234 »
Pages: [1] 2 3