Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: chained prisoners stored in animal stockpiles  (Read 813 times)

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
chained prisoners stored in animal stockpiles
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:23:34 pm »

Hi!

I am having a problem where chained prisoners are getting put into a cage and then into the animal stockpile. I -THINK- they are supposed to be released as they have served out their sentence. When I attempt to release them, I get a message that they are not in the correct Justice State.(?)

I am playing a modded game (DAIII War & Mythos), however, I have found a problem which existed in 2012 vanilla. (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107929.0)

This leads me to believe it is a problem with vanilla and not the mod. Is anyone familiar with this issue? Am I doing something wrong? Can this be fixed?

I have jailed my first three visitors for vandalism and destruction of property and I don't think I can get more visitors unless they can leave my fort, lol.

Thanks!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: chained prisoners stored in animal stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 04:36:48 pm »

Try selling them to the next caravan.  Either the cage's contents (the visitors) will be dumped and walk away, or you will earn enough money to buy some cheese.  Either way, they won't be your problem anymore.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 04:41:29 pm »

Release them into a pit or a pasture, they are technically treated as dangerous animals and hence are never let out of their cage containment, hopefully this should clear it up for you.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 05:15:31 pm »

Release them into a pit or a pasture, they are technically treated as dangerous animals and hence are never let out of their cage containment, hopefully this should clear it up for you.
Will they be able to leave the map? I'm giving it a shot... Going to assign them to a pasture next to the map edge and see if they 'escape' lol.

If that doesn't work, I'll try to sell them to the next caravan to see if that works. For now, I've assigned them to chains in my jail manually.

Is this a bug? I assume so... will this happen every time I convict a visitor for trashing the place?

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 09:02:32 pm »

Alright, I seem to have resolved the problem... I manually assigned them to a chain (Justice on the chain is set to N after a room is set), then I deconstructed the chain. The prisoners ran off the map. I THINK they took the chain with them, but oh well, small price to pay for (hopefully!) more visitors showing up in the future.