Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Helping prevent rain stress?  (Read 5202 times)

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Helping prevent rain stress?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 07:55:00 pm »

Some dwarfs "only grumble mildly at inclement weather".  As far as I can tell they never have a serious problem with rain.  The last couple of games, all of my starting 7 have had that trait, so I'm now thinking that it's the case for all starting 7.  I had a fortress that was in the swamp it rained almost every day.  When migrants came, they had to walk from the edge of the map to the fortress (always in the rain).  Virtually every one of them had their character change because of it.  However, it takes a year or two to show up.  I *think* it was always that initial exposure that did it, so it's possible that there is a bug there somewhere.  I didn't have any non-migrant children grow up to adulthood in that fortress, so it's hard to say.

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 01:14:22 am »

for some reason dwarfs dont mind snow.

This definitely is not true for snow storms, my dwarves are constantly getting peeved about snow storms.

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 03:18:12 am »

Snow storms yes, are a hassle. Had a wierd artic fort on a volcano were it lightly snowed year round. No snow storms though.

Argentum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 07:54:30 pm »

I have had two dwarves be in a constant state of internal rage and eventually go beserk, all because they got caught in the rain a few years ago.
Pages: 1 [2]