Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 57223 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #705 on: July 09, 2019, 08:30:23 pm »

Claire hadn't minded when she'd noticed that Aya had come along too, but now with Kawri arriving with new information about some horsemen, it was definitely time to get back.

"Let's report back to Grae, then... if that's what he got out of the interrogation, then that's what we'll probably have to follow up on."

Of course, when they arrived back, there was a bit of a scene going on. She was conflicted for a moment, then crossed quickly over to Grae.

"... We found the fighting pit and empty cells. Nothing else... I guess you already found out who took them?"

With that said, she moved over to Milos, giving a somewhat questioning look at Aurelia - almost as if she were asking for permission - before kneeling at his side.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 09, 2019, 09:03:52 pm »

"No such luck. Just that a large group of horsemen were leaving the scene when these people realized their fellows had been slaughtered. Whoever it was, they went north. Joachim decided he wanted to deal with the one in charge. I didn't see any reason to deny him that."

"It's likely that its the work of a local lord cleaning up his territory. If they have the princess, that complicates things. We'll have to return to Cuue, find out who we're dealing with and where they've gone."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 10, 2019, 10:14:05 am »

"Did you get anything else from him? Any hints in as to who this mysterious lord might be?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2019, 02:35:09 pm »

Vanessa stared down at the slaver for a while, before turning away and leaving the room. Leaving Joachim to deal out his punishment. Her smile appeared on her face once more after she left, even though it seemed slightly forced now.
"I'm sure we'll find them, we need to."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:37:09 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2019, 05:56:28 pm »

"W-What do you mean progress with-" Aurelia was interrupted by some noise, and Milos promptly having a panic attack. Aurelia didn't exactly refuse Claire's help - she knelt down next to Milos as well. "H-Hey, he's not doing anything to you, it's fine, it's fine..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2019, 06:18:21 pm »

His panic subsided upon feeling Claire and Aurelia's presences near him, and Aurelia's subsequent words. His panicked words turned to whimpers, as his eyes just remained a little bit teary. He tried to take a few deep breaths. Looking to Claire and Aurelia, he whispered a quiet "S-sorry..." before wiping his eyes and trying to cover his ears while attempting to stand up. He stayed rather close to the two of them until the noises calmed down.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2019, 06:34:25 pm »

The long trip back to Cuue afforded the group time to think over their next move. The princess had been at the fight ring, and had been alive when she was seen last. There was no indication that any of the prisoners had been killed in their cells, so it was a near certainty that they were taken alive. What a noble of Morcia might intend to do with Laguz prisoners was not likely to be good, particularly if they understood. But "North" was barely information, and the group was mounted. Trying to give chase would be foolhardy. That was why they were headed back.

A few days later, the group was waved through the gates by the city guard, bored and inattentive as ever. At Grae's insistence, they went directly to the guildhouse.

"...What a mess. At least we have something to go on." Victoria had listened attentively through Grae's explanation of the battle in the mine, and the resulting nothing. "There's a villa that belongs to the royal family, about two days north of that town. They allow members of the nobility to use it when they don't, from time to time. And while there hasn't been any official word of it being used, I've heard that there is someone occupying it. Has been, for about a week, according to my intelligence."

"So some noble is working from the villa, but keeping it under wraps. Suspicious."

Victoria passed a letter to Alys, nodding at Grae. "No guarantee that that's our man, but its definitely sketchy, and unless you're holding out on me, there's no other leads."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Victoria opened her mouth to say something, but Grae cut her off. "Don't start. Look, I want you to arrange for a fast wagon for the morning. And send someone, tonight, from the guild with a pair of horses we can swap out on the road. I don't know how patient Himos is and I don't intend to test his limits."

Victoria sighed. "I'll get it done. Going to have to pull some strings, but I'll make it happen." Just then, Alys pulled Grae aside, and after a hurried explanation, ran out the door by herself.

Grae approached Victoria's counter again, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I need you to find me another healer by tomorrow. Alys's sister is sick, and her condition just got worse."

"You're seriously busting my balls here Grae."

"Yeah, I know. You're getting a cut of the job after we're paid."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2019, 11:55:58 pm »

Joachim paced back and forth impatiently. He knew things had a certain order and he had to obey Grae for the time being, but he wanted to be out there. He hadn't realized the human lands could be this bad... and what if these people were even worse than the ones who had initially kidnapped the princess? Who knew what they could be doing to the prisoners they'd 'rescued' for their own sick, twisted amusement? Yes, he had toyed with bird laguz encroaching the borders of Sampia before, but he'd never seriously hurt them; just roughed them up a little and sent them packing. Never... this. After awhile of listening to the clock tick, he slammed the side of his fist against the wall.

"I... Ugh..."

He wanted to take a walk to clear his head, but he couldn't even do that. Cat laguz weren't exactly welcome in this city. He instead put his back to the wall and slid down into a sitting position, his ears drooped low.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 11, 2019, 09:19:21 am »

After another short conversation with Victoria, Grae returned to his employees. "We're leaving as soon as the gates open in the morning. If you have anything you want to do while we're in town, do it tonight."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 11, 2019, 09:21:31 am »

Joachim is joined by Aya, her white tail swishing about anxiously.
"Hey. Penny for your thoughts?"

Aya, for her part, while bothered by this, wasn't unused to hearing stories like this. She'd seen it a few times; not like she hadn't gotten involved in bailing a few people out before in the course of her travels, but then she didn't exactly make a career out of it. Humans were perfectly willing to kidnap and torture each other for fun; it wasn't like Laguz were immune to this sort of thing.

Still, Aya was bothered by it nonetheless. It was times like this she wished she had people around to talk with, on the long lonely roads, late at night.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2019, 11:57:16 am »

Milos... honestly could not relax. As long as everyone was heading into town, Milos decided to as well, trying to keep his distance from the crowd. He couldn't stop beating himself up for his brief period of fear at Joachim's ripping and tearing... how dare he say he was making progress and then cower like a baby when one of his teammates was just trying to deliver justice? And right in front of his trusted teammates, too...

He had figured a brisk walk would help take his mind off of everything going on. He tried not to make eye contact with anyone, try not to feel so small in a crowd of bigger people... but his walk left him to his own thoughts. His thoughts started small, repeating quiet, yet effective negative words in his head. Weak... Child... Useless... He whispered to himself to stop it. He took a deep breath... and exhaled. But Milos' thoughts began to grow harsher, stronger... before long, he kept replaying his sudden fear, his show of weakness in front of everyone, his tears, the screams, the growls, oh god the growls, I don't want to die, please don't hurt me... and then echoed among them were the mocking words... mocking words of others that he wouldn't have to hear if he wasn't so weak...

"You will explain why you have brought a whimpering child into my presence. Do you seek to insult me in my time of need, human?"

"Hey, hey, kid's a little scared of some Laguz. Give him some room. Slightly confused though, about what he's doing here."

"Maybe Milos is a secret killer? Pretends to be a girl, ambushes mate-to-be."
"Don't think most wannabe murderers look like they're about to wet themselves."

"You will explain why you have brought a whimpering child into my presence."

"What, afraid of a harmless little cat like me? Oh, but why? I don't mean you any harm. . ."

"So he is afraid of beasts! Haha! I kind of have to admire that! This job got a lot more interesting."

whimpering child

The sheer overwhelming nature of his emotions were just almost too much to bear, and he almost broke down crying right in front of the crowd of people as he sped up his pace, as if trying to outrun something that just kept keeping up with him. As he whispered 'leave me alone, leave me alone' under his breath, he quickened, before turning into an alleyway. He dove into a niche in the walls, obstructing himself from view, then huddled there by himself, trying not to be discovered by anyone. He buried his face into his knees.

"S-stop it... I-I'm not a kid... I-I just have... a-a problem... I-I'm trying... to fix it..."

Before long, he almost lost it, letting out meek sniffles and tears as he thought of how powerless he was. How useless he was, how he couldn't even stop being scared of his own teammate, how he was letting himself be such a big baby in front of everyone. He just wanted it to stop. He didn't want to be afraid and yet he just was afraid.

And he hated every second of it.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2019, 03:42:45 pm »

Vanessa watched Milos as he went into an alleyway, she did not hesitate and followed after him. Eventually she reached him and let out a small sigh as she noticed him all huddled up. Vanessa stretched out and smiled as she touched him on the shoulder.

"Hey. You ok little guy?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 11, 2019, 04:16:29 pm »

Milos' crying didn't cease, but he let out a little 'eep' of surprise and recoiled slightly at Vanessa's sudden touch, but calmed down and simply avoided eye contact when he saw it was her. His face buried slightly when she spoke.

"I-I'm not that li..."

His words trailed off, before he sniffled a little and spoke a little more louder this time.

"I... I just... m-maybe I don't... have a place on this mission... i-if I'm going to jump at... e-every little... th-thing... no matter how hard I try... to not..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #719 on: July 11, 2019, 04:27:51 pm »

Heledd, meanwhile, was lounging about in the guild hall and looking increasingly irritable. It was the last night in town, which meant both good and bad. Good, because she could finally get out of this dog-infested stinkhole, but bad because despite it being a stinkhole, the town no doubt had a variety of foods for her to try. Foods that were denied to her, as she couldn't simply leave the guildhall whenever she pleased lest someone raise a fuss.

Speaking of fuss, her ears flicked irritably at Joachim's outburst, causing her to pop up from her repose for a moment and glare at him before laying back down.
"I'm starving." She proclaimed this to the air as if it was a clear fact, but also utterly lacking in urgency. "Where did the little mouse go? I want to drag him to a food stall."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 87