Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 56697 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #736 on: July 15, 2019, 05:42:08 pm »

The day turned into night, but the group did not wait until sunrise before making final preparations to leave. Fortunately, Victoria was able to find a healer for the mission- Godric Osmond- as well as arrange for a cart. In short order, the group was rolling out from the city gates, the cart filled to bursting with almost every member of the group aboard. As they rolled and bounced down the rough road at high speed, Grae gave the last of the details to the newest member of the band.

"...So now we're going to investigate that villa. The princess may still be there, and if she isn't, we may be able to find a clue."

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Headphones in, avoiding interaction with the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 16, 2019, 10:39:24 am »

He'd taken the opportunity during the brief downtime to straighten himself out after the skirmish in the mine's tight corridors. That kind of enclosed, underground space just wasn't meant for birds, with no air to give him lift or stretch his wings. And all the dust from the stone and wood... it'd taken the better part of the evening just to preen that out of his flight feathers and realign them.

But now that they were on the open road again, he feels much better. And onto the next leg of their adventure! Going to investigate a noble human's villa sounds like great fun, and just like the kind of stuff he's used to. He's in high spirits, and it shows in the way he lazily draws loops in the air, soaring above the cart as it mosies on down below at a ground-bound crawl.

And then, on a whim, he swoops low and tags Aurelia's arm, whooshing past her a moment later with a merry laugh.

"You're it!"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 16, 2019, 11:27:13 am »

Though Milos managed to cheer up thanks to Vanessa, he still kept himself quite awake at night thinking about everything... and crying just a little bit. He tried not to cry too much, but crying a little bit was inevitable... this backfired unfortunately and caused him to have a small case of frog eyes that morning, as well as having slight bags under his eyes. Milos as a result tried to keep his distance, his already low self-esteem plummeting even further at how tired and distressed he must have looked. He just wanted to go and get this mission done.

...Trying not to think about himself or yesterday's incidents, he instead simply just tried to watch Jupi and Aurelia, stealing the occasional glance but trying to look away and not get caught staring by either of them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 16, 2019, 11:32:59 am »

Aurelia, rather than ride in the cart, flew near it - it was cramped enough without the people who could keep up on their own adding to that. She was sort of spaced out, thinking about the job and what was coming next, and letting her body kinda go on autopilot in regards to flying. She was snapped out of this when she felt a tap on her arm-

"W-Wait, what-" she started, before Jupi whooshed past her and said - "You're it"? Tag? She hadn't played that since she was a kid... well, why not? He seemed to be having fun, and she hadn't played it with someone else who could fly. She needed the practice.

"Hey, get back here!" she said, as she picked up speed to try and pursue him.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 18, 2019, 10:34:08 pm »

"Haha, can't catch me!"

Looping around, Jupi climbs the buoyant air to higher heights, letting the particular freshness of the pre-morning sky buffet at his clothing and feathers. Nothing beat this; the only thing missing was the endless expanse of the mountains and the wild rivers running beneath.

"You're pretty fast for growing up with humans, though!"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:36:35 pm by rokubiraijuu »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 18, 2019, 10:45:29 pm »

"I've been practicing for a while!" Aurelia said as she kept on flying after him - she was slowly catching up, trying to make use of her lesser weight to help her catch up in the climb. This was more free-flying than she was used to - she usually stuck closer to the ground, to make sure she didn't lose track of the roads, if she wasn't just walking. She was getting close - not quite in reach yet though.

"I think you're still better at it than me though, heh." It felt nice to fly like this, to feel the air on her wings and face... it wasn't something she did often, but maybe she should do it more.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 19, 2019, 10:44:11 am »

"This is what I did all the time!" Which isn't entirely true, but his cheerful demeanor and peppy tone belie that. As Aurelia closes the gap between them, he waits until she's almost on his proverbial tail feathers, then hangs a hard left and swerves off out of reach.

"Hehe, you're gonna have to do better than that! I'm used to dodging arrows!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 19, 2019, 01:21:27 pm »

Aurelia manages to keep up, barely, following him just out of reach - she had an idea, though, and started climbing in height a bit at the same time.

"I'm more used to walking... I can hardly imagine flying everywhere like this!" she continued, until she was a good bit above and behind Jupi - and then she dived, using gravity to help her pick up speed and hopefully manage to tag him.
Sigtext!

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 19, 2019, 02:13:15 pm »

"Whhaa!" Jupi catches onto her trick a split second too late. He twists out of the way, but her hand snags the back of his leg.

"Awww. Hahaha!! That was pretty good! I'm not used to fire from above!" Usually he was the one folding in wings and dive-bombing a slow, ground-bound target. Even though she said she's not used to the stuff regular bird laguz are, she still knows how to think like one, it looks like.

"You don't get bragging rights for long though!" he crows, darting after her again a moment later.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 19, 2019, 02:37:17 pm »

"I've seen you do it a few times, I thought it might work!" Aurelia said quickly, laughing a bit - but that particular surprise wouldn't work again, probably. She maintained the dive, trying to keep up some speed and keep away from him, then tried to abruptly change directions. "I won't make it easy, at least!"
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 20, 2019, 12:14:47 pm »

The faintest whiff of odd-scented smoke hangs around Aya, as she hangs on to a smooth, wooden pipe, puffing on something within it. Her eyes follow Jupi and Aurelia freewheeling in the sky, putting her legs up and prodding Milos.
"Hey. You can look at them, you know. Not like you'll get arrested."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 20, 2019, 12:20:12 pm »

Joachim sniffed the air when Aya lit up... then continued sniffing rapidly.

"What's that?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 20, 2019, 12:25:12 pm »

Aya waves the pipe.
"This? Oh. Some herbs I pick up from markets, from time to time. Helps me....relax a little."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 20, 2019, 12:26:38 pm »

Milos let out a small 'eep' as he was nudged, shivering a bit but trying to keep himself calm even in the face of Aya and... whatever that smelly thing was.

"I just... thought it might be rude to stare..."

He tried to pretend he wasn't in the vicinity when Joachim inquired about the... herbs. Though he did watch Aurelia and Jupi a little more than before.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 87