Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Obsidian - The Outer Worlds  (Read 6093 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Obsidian - The Outer Worlds
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2019, 05:45:22 pm »

So Epic don't mind if the game is on Windows store? That seems odd.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »

Ah well. I guess that's another game I'll get to buy next year.

So Epic don't mind if the game is on Windows store? That seems odd.

Windows bought Obsidian not long ago. So Microsoft of course wants to sell it on their platform too.
Love, scriver~

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 05:53:21 pm »

Well, Microsoft bought Obsidian. But did not get the publishing rights to Outer Worlds, which means thy ultimately didn’t have actual control over this.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 05:55:43 pm »

That's about as weird as Halo being on steam, I guess.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:28 pm »

I'm not a big fan of companies advertising some place then going "LOL thanks for free advertising" and then taking off to another platform but still keeping their free advertising and free support. Wouldn't like it if someone did it on Origins, or GOG, or even on epic itself. Its a scumbag move.

Take Detroit Become Human, that I'm fine with, it promised exactly what it did, to be on Epic store...no problem there.

There is of course the morality of supporting Tencent who even if they don't own Epic, do have 2/5 seats on the board with 40% of shares+are really a china company, which means supporting the chinese government and therefor supporting the chinese concentration camps. And tencent/china are really one in the same. Even if tencent doesn't own epic, they still make money from epic so its still supporting concentration camps. Though in a bit in-direct manner.

(to add)

With that said, whether company has economic backing in...suspicious origins...

I never buy a game for 1-3 years anyway, cause I wait for 50-75% sales. And by then its developed and has a ton of expansions that are also on sale usually. I bought hearts of iron 4 after 3 years cause how cheap it was on sale, that and I like paradox games.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 10:23:17 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2019, 01:44:49 pm »

The exclusivity contract end at some point. I can wait a year or two. Not gonna install another launcher for just one game.
I'm glad I pre-ordered Metro Exodus on Steam ;)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2019, 03:56:04 pm »

These days it seems like Epic is doing as much to resurrect piracy as Steam did to kill it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »

ia ia, yarhar fhtagn
that is not dead which can eternal seed

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2019, 07:04:39 am »

These days it seems like Epic is doing as much to resurrect piracy as Steam did to kill it.

well eventually devs will go back to steam once less in fees but more piracy kills their games

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:33 pm »

That’s a hilarious over approximation of piracy
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]