Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.4.9.8  (Read 11674 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.3.8
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 07:32:03 pm »

!!UPDATE!!

Mostly bugfixes this time. There were apparently a lot of bugs that I somehow missed.

I also fixed up numerous positions (particularly for the Bremans and Agerans), and tried to make things run smoother.

Feral vampires now have an attack trigger, so they'll no longer just show up and slaughter your entire village before you've even seen your first merchant caravan.

I removed the Sun-Drying Workshop and all of its reactions, because it served no real purpose; even making clay bricks could be much more easily and better done at the Kiln.

I fixed the Thatchery reactions as well. They're actually useful now and not laughably terrible.

Oh, and graphics for the tropical civs have been fixed, so papermakers no longer look like elite warriors

This will probably be the last update for this version of Slaves of Raius, unless something pressing comes to my attention. Most likely, next time I post will be for the two alternate versions, Slaves of Raius: The Dark Age, and Slaves of Raius... I dunno, I still need to think a name for the other one.

Links in the OP always lead to the new version, but I'll still post direct links to the Standard and RAWs Only versions in this post, for sake of... convenience?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:20:53 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.4.2
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2019, 12:47:20 am »

!!FINAL UPDATE!! (probably)

There were some bugs left that I've fixed, specifically with the caste profession names. I fixed those.

On a larger note, I removed the slave castes from the playable Agerans, Akhadians, and Vods (no more having half your starting party be uncontrollable pets), and implemented a full slavery system. Those slaves still exist, but entirely separately from the ones you play as, and alongside slaves of every human and elven race, along with dwarves and goblins. Slaves are traded by the Agerans and Akhadians above all (particularly the latter), bought and sold by merchants, though the Vods also participate in the slave trade and, though not trading in fellow Raians or peoples of distant sun-baked lands, such as Akhadians, Sarvanians, and Sand Elves, they do have some slaves unique to themselves -- slaves taken from the races of the North. In addition, Agerans, Akhadians, Demerians, Sarvanians, and Vods all have slave markets, at which free citizens can be forced into slavery, and slaves can be freed.

Slaves are, of course, considered livestock little different from cattle and thus are largely unable to be directly controlled, but they do all have a number of useful skills that they will automatically perform. Male slaves are suited for heavy, backbreaking labor such as mining or farming, while female slaves are useful as weavers, gatherers, singers, dancers, and cooks. However, note that the slaves of some cultures have different skillsets than these; for instance, dwarven slaves of both sexes are fine miners, smiths, and crafters of stone and metal, but are suited to little else, while goblins are adept butchers, leatherworkers, bonecarvers, and strand extractors. In addition to these slaves, however, are ghulams; elite combat slaves trained from early childhood, with useful (though slightly different for each race) military skills.

In addition, the language of the Snow Elves is changed, and the glaciers are now inhabited by Ice Gnomes.

In addition, I further edited and (I think) improved the graphics of the Akhadians. They now have much more of a consistent, classically Arab feel.

In addition, I got rid of a couple of creatures. Namely walrus-men. No, there was no deep lore reason for there to be walrus men, I just sort of accidentally left them in.

As before, all links lead to new (since I'm essentially just overwriting previous uploaded versions rather than making each version a separate upload, but I'll still post direct links to the Standard and RAWs Only versions in this post as well.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention. I removed the random cooking skill from the male peasant farmers. It was there by mistake.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:33:41 am by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.4.9
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 09:41:50 pm »

TRUE !!FINAL UPDATE!! (probably)

Yes, new version for anyone who still cares.

Alright, first off, I'd like to sincerely apologize to anyone who downloaded the previous supposedly-finished version, as it was not in an acceptable state. I guess that's what happens when you go for weekly updates but also have a full-time job with mandatory overtime. Anyway.

Changes (it's big)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As always, all links (and I do mean every single clickable link in this thread) always leads to the latest version, but still, here are direct links in this post to the Full and RAWs Only versions (the latter of which now just includes DFHack). It (at least the full version) has been thoroughly, repeatedly tested and is more-or-less guaranteed crash-free.

Anyway, a few lore bits have been added, so I'll update some lore posts in the thread. Not many, just a few. Namely, I might as well describe Akhadian and Vodish paganism a bit.  And the Vadagt - ice spirits revered by the Snow Elves. If anyone wants descriptions of non-human religion, just ask and I'll probably PM you.

Also, again, if I missed anything, if anything seems wrong, if anything needs improved, please for the love of Raius/Vaan/Elsaar let me know.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:56:15 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.4.9
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 02:33:15 am »

Actually there are a few very minor things that need updating (but they do need updating). I will release a small update tomorrow evening.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.4.9.1
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 08:05:59 pm »

Alright, I've made some final, absolutely critical minor updates. If you downloaded the version I uploaded last night, again, apologies for my carelessness.

Mostly bugfixing this time. There were some bugs in a few things I added sort of last minute. Particularly with the

In addition, I added in the ability to prepare, store, and properly burn incense -- pretty handy when there's religious rituals that require it.

In addition, I actually made the small couple of magical artifacts added attainable in game. My bad for being careless.

Oh, and you can also light candles/lamps/torches, so they're actually semi-functional now! Of questionable usefulness, but still!

In addition, Snow Elves can now perform religious rituals to summon the spirits of their ancestors, just as Sand Elves and Dwarves can.

As always, any link leads to the latest version, but here's some more links to the Full and RAWs Only versions anyway.

If there are future updates (which there probably won't be), unless someone brings something to my attention, they'll probably just be adding some magic artifacts. The real and more likely updates will be those mentioned versions depicting two distinct eras of post-Nimerian Aelea, or depicting the Sarvanian Sea. That one is semi in the works, actually.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:15:26 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Slaves to Raius: God of Nimeria 1.4.9.8
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 08:36:31 pm »

!!UPDATE!!

Some bugfixes, some tweaks, I removed two duplicate buildings, I added numerous missing buildings and reactions to entities that they were supposed to go to, I added missing item descriptions, I added a few more creatures.

Roving bands of possessed, murderous humans and elves now roam evil biomes, driven to kill the living on sight!

Akhadian paganism more fleshed out!

In addition, I added numerous more plants, perfume, and a perfume industry -- mostly for the Akhadians, who have long been traders and producers of perfume.

In addition, improved textiles -- primarily for Akhadians and Sarvanians, but also for the Agerans and Sand Elves! You can use them as prayer rugs, or just to add class to any area! You can even use them as doors for a tent!

Also, I fleshed out and improved the Snow Elves a bit, and made them and the dwarves playable.

There might be other things I forgot as well. Yes I know it's embarrassing that it took me this long to upload this update. Once again, my sincere apologies to anyone who played an earlier version. There was no excuse for that duplicate shrine.

Next update, I might add some djinni artifacts, such as jann-powered flying rugs or efreeti lamps that grant the user the sort of sight-beyond-sight of
, and could possibly be used to shoot fireballs and/or summon an efreeti! They're not in this version, because I'm still not sure about giving them to this era of Akhadians, but they might be in the future! Also, I might change the music. It's difficult to find something that could fit all the playable civilizations equally well.

Please tell me if something needs fixed!

As always, any link leads to the latest version, but here's some more links to the Standard, ASCII, and Files-Only ASCII versions anyway.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:27:04 pm by Dunmeris »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2019, 11:19:41 am »

Will this mod be compatible with the musket mod?

Shubbon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2020, 12:06:03 pm »

Would love to see this updated to the latest version.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2021, 09:44:32 pm »

Would love to see this updated to the latest version.

Thanks, currently working on it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]