Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning  (Read 10862 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2018, 08:46:54 am »

Eat 2 fish. Search for fishing equipment. Follow the adults fishing if they are going to fish.

Research a fishing net.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2018, 11:08:42 pm »

GridLand Survival 4: Year 1, Turn 4(The Warm Season)

#Hint 1# You can give plants names.
#Hint 2# Poison is nasty, be careful.

In F5:
The adult female heads to the east.
In F6:
You see the younger adult male continue to gather roots.
The older adult male begins following some of the people there and sticking his toungue out at you and slapping his cheeks.

Nirur(Nirur Torir):

You eat 3 yellow roots.

Then you attempt to make a foraging tool from the stem of the plants which the roots are removed from. You make sure it is free of leaves and attempt to put it in a way that might make it easier to get top the roots.

You successfully make 1 Spotted leave bush stem foraging tools.

You collaborate on farming research.

Kit(KitRougard):

You eat a soft yellow root. Then, you squeeze a Yellow-Green fruit onto another soft yellow root and eat that as well.
You find that the sourness of the Yellow-Green fruit tastes good on the soft yellow root.

You continue research on "How to Determine Plant Safety" to complete the tech.

Sigil(Blood_Librarian):

You eat a soft yellow root. Then, you squeeze a Yellow-Green fruit onto another soft yellow root and eat that as well.
You find that the sourness of the Yellow-Green fruit tastes good on the soft yellow root. Then you eat 1 fish.

You forage in F6. You only find small twigs but you still collect some. You collect 2 bunches of small brittle twigs. You do not find any dead bushes right now. You find clumps of dirt and a 1 small grey rock

You help with farming research.

Fiman(TankKit):

You eat 1 darker Yellow root and one lighter Yellow root. The lighter root smells more earthy than the darker root. The lighter root tastes sweeter. The darker root tastes more crunchy. They both taste delicious and you think they are probably both nutiritous

You forage focusing on the plants you remember seeing the adult female gathering from. You disregard the flowers of the plant.
You noticed some of the leaves of the same type of bush have yellow speckles while some do not.
You put the speckled and unspeckled leaves in separate piles. you collect the roots from some of the plants. You collect 2 soft yellow roots form the speckled bushes.
You collect 3 slightly darker yellow roots from the unspeckled bushes.

You begin research on Toolmaking.

Star(TricMagic):

You eat you eat 5 soft yellow roots. You eat a Yellow-Green fruit with the Yellow roots. You eat a bunch of red berries. You quickly begin to feel sick.
Your muscles feel weak. You feel tired. Your legs are hard to move.
You also get dizzy in short bursts.
You cough three times each time you cough up blood. You throw up once.(Causes you to only get half the fat value of consumed food.)
-3HP
You are very sick.

You collect 1 decently sized roots. You are unable to collect the leaves though because of your tiredness. 

You continue research on Mana Sensing.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):

You eat 1 fish.

You decide to continue and taste test them raw.

First, you test the green leaves with yellow spots. They have a fairly strong salty taste. So after chewing them a little bit you decide to spit it out.

Next, you test the unspotted leaves from the same plant. They taste like a little bit sweeter and less salty than the spotted leaves. It is still just as salty so you cautiously opt to spit it out.
At this point there are no apparent reactions.

You test the red berries. They taste sweet and bitter. Due to the bitter taste

Right before you are about to start testing the next plant part your neck begins to itch.
Next, you test the small yellow flowers. They are very sweet. You enjoy the taste. but decide to wait for any negative effects before eating it fully.

Then when there is no negative effects from the small yellow flowers.
You eat 1 of them.
There are no negative effects.

You forage in F6. You collect 3 roots.

You continue research on Farming.

Amy(Aigre Excalibur):

You eat 2 fish.

You do not find any fishing equipment in your search The adults are not going to fish right now.

You research fishing net.

Sassalik(Detoxicated):

You try to ask for a fishing demostration. But, the adults are unable to understand what you are asking.

You research poetry to complete the tech.

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Completed Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research Progress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Local Inventory (click to show/hide)

Total Food Consumption per turn=8
6 turns till food is gone.

Please point out any mistakes. Your suggestions are also welcome.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:58:27 pm by High tyrol »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2018, 12:11:56 am »

Sigil will commit the following Actions
Go to G5 through F5, and forage for large sticks.
Look for a large rock, the type one can run a stick over to sharpen.
Attempt to sharpen a stick, and stab a berry with it for a poisoned weapon.
Research stick sharpening.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2018, 03:11:05 am »

Sassalik Eats1 Blue fruit and Goes to F5 whre she recites a motivational poem.

She researches Poetic Knowledge keeping
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:28:20 am by Detoxicated »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2018, 05:02:15 am »

I'd like to be put on the waitlist.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2018, 03:34:12 pm »

Nirur dreamed.

The forest burned, at his hands. There were untold terrors lurking within, screeching and cawing. They had threatened his kin, but he swung his arm, and they all burned to ash--

He awoke with a start, panting. It was just a dream, right?

Something warmed his chest, like a familiar and comforting pool. He was used to this feeling, but now he thought back to his dream. He
pushed it down his arm, into a dead leaf under his hand.

The leaf caught, an ember of a red glow slowly burning it. He could
feel it burn, and, with a slight mental twist, snuffed it out.

He carried the half-burned leaf, staring thoughtfully at it while eating his breakfast. His newly made tool was left out to be taken by whoever could use it.

Burn everything
Burn some things, with Pyromancy, on F6. Carefully. See what burns and what can't burn ((Mostly, I need an excuse for making fires with wood and building safe fire pits of dirt pits & clearings and/or stone circles)).
Eat the fish and 2 soft yellow roots.
Free research: Pyromancer's Campfire.
Use 2 fat split between my actions, to fuel my pyromancy. If necessary, use the rest of my fat to keep fires from getting too big and creating a wildfire.

((I need to do this now so we have a reason to collect the wood from the bushes we're digging up. Sorry for making it exclusively my tech, but we don't have a better source of fire.

TankKit: Please take my foraging tool and get more food, since you have Forager. If you don't want it this turn, it's free for whoever will use it for food.))

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »

Jaynie Morgan @ F6

"Seeing as the small yellow flowers aren't toxic to our species, we should consider them edible."

>Forage F6 for more of the small yellow flowers.

Free research: Farming
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:35:14 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2018, 04:22:39 pm »

Hmmm. I would like to mention that this list is only updated with knowledge that I know, and may be limited since I am just a player.

Eat 2 dark yellow roots. Accept the foraging tool and continue foraging F6. Free research Toolmaking.

By the way, I would prefer if people who wish to increase their fat levels did so slowly over multiple turns so we don't experience sudden decreases in our food stocks that may cause us to not last as many turns as it predicts.

Spoiler: TankKit(Fiman) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KitRougard(Kit) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blood_Librarian(Sigil) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur torir(Nirur) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated(Sassalik) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aigre Excalibur(Amy) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TricMagic(Star) (click to show/hide)
Thank you, Nirur.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:23:19 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2018, 05:02:29 pm »

I'll be good. Those berries are not a good thing.

Also, Pryomancy isn't likely to be exclusively yours, but that's a few researches away. Need Mana Sensing first to learn Fire Magic more easily..

Recover for this turn. oww..

Free Research: Mana Sensing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2018, 05:22:07 pm »

Eat 2 dark yellow roots. Accept the foraging tool and continue foraging F6.
Don't forget research.

Also, Pryomancy isn't likely to be exclusively yours, but that's a few researches away. Need Mana Sensing first to learn Fire Magic more easily..
I'll spend a few turns teaching, or assisting with that tech, or whatever we do.
Mana sensing might be a little easier if you follow me and try to sense my spell casting.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2018, 08:26:00 pm »

I'd like to be put on the waitlist.
added

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2018, 05:28:22 pm »

While we wait for everyone to turn in their actions, what goals does everyone have for this first year?

I'd like to finish farming, and get the farming labor groundwork done so we can get started on farming next year, or even this year if possible. I would like to have at least two seasons' worth of rations stored for winter, since bad harvest seasons are probably possible.

After that, I'd like to get firemaking and the basics done on apothecary research. Figuring out what's edible or poisoned, and any obvious properties like healing or energizing. Boiling them into a healing salve would be ideal. Knowing what's what by the end of the year let's us better prioritize for farming.

Depending on how well plant identification is going, I'm interested in trying to teach Pyromancy in winter. It's a lower priority, but a few fire mages combining our powers should be plenty to ward off lone mid-level threats, or more advanced sailors probing towards claiming part of our island.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2018, 05:34:37 pm »

I plan on foraging and researching foraging. Farms can fail, random plant life is less likely to fail. Foraging will always be useful, at the very least as a back up.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 06:56:29 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2018, 05:37:26 pm »

Mine is to discover what lies beyond those water tiles. That and Mana Sensing. I can fly at 3 fat per turn, which makes scouting the area a matter of food resources.

Knowing where the land is will help later on.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2018, 06:54:02 pm »

I plan on foraging and researching foraging. Farms can fail, random plant life is less likely to fail. Foraging will always be useful, at the very least has a back up.
Very useful for finding what plants are in newly explored areas, too.

Mine is to discover what lies beyond those water tiles. That and Mana Sensing. I can fly at 3 fat per turn, which makes scouting the area a matter of food resources.

Knowing where the land is will help later on.
Might be an early help, too, if you find a settlement that wants to trade. Knowing potential threats early is a good thing.
I'm in favor of you performing basic scouting around, but it's really expensive right now. Most of us forage at 2-3/turn, or ~1.5 food gain. I probably won't be teaching pyromancy this winter, unless we have a dedicated food push to fund both, and nobody else wants to do anything expensive this year.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11