Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [IT'S BACK] Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game/Challenge)  (Read 16882 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game)
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2018, 04:01:25 pm »

Well I didn't hold off because the new militia commander is at this point a tactician on par with a demonic overlord. But his squad is trapped in limbo because of the "travelling forever" bug. Any ways to fix this? I can think of one but it would require me to go into adventure mode and delay the next persons turn.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2018, 04:26:16 pm »

I wouldn't risk retiring the fortress, especially since Sunshield was destroyed almost immediately. That was without pissing the Goblins off :P Maybe someone on another thread knows a fix?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2018, 04:28:19 pm »

Just found this from r/dwarffortress;

Raids are one of my favorite features in the game since it lets you cause trouble without waiting a billion years (which is increasingly untenable as the framerate drops) or breaching HFS (I only want some of my dwarves to die, not all of them!). But they're buggy, and one of the bugs I still get is "traveling forever", where squads never leave the "traveling" status.

I think I found a solution: First, let all your other raids return so you know who's stuck (most raids take a few days at most). Once only your "stuck" party(ies) are left, go to the military menu and replace the whole squad, starting with the leader, with dwarves in your fort (it for some reason lets you do this despite them traveling, as long as the squad leader is replaced first).

Next, with the squad full of local dwarves, go to the civiliations then missions menu. The stuck mission should be there, but inactive. Delete it.

Wait a bit (I sent out another raid in case it helps trigger the check, probably unnecessary). Your dwarves should quietly return. Watch your population to confirm; traveling dwarves aren't listed under Units. If you get (squad size) more dwarves after this fix than before it, it worked!

Now you'll have to reassign your original units to the squad.

If you have DFHack, you can try running fix/retrieve-units as well. Sometimes this returns units "from the abyss", sometimes not.

If you test this please let me know if it worked for you!

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2018, 04:58:31 pm »

Unfortunatly I tired both of those methods and they didn't work. I'm going to make a seperate save and try my adventur emode method and hope it works.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2018, 09:49:32 pm »

PTW
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2018, 08:34:46 pm »

Unfortunatly I tired both of those methods and they didn't work. I'm going to make a seperate save and try my adventur emode method and hope it works.

Any luck? I crave news xD

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2018, 10:50:31 pm »

Sorry bout that! I was celebrating my mums birthday today! I’ll try it tommorow!

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2018, 10:58:11 am »

Well I found the squad!

They're in a fucking goddamn river. For the past month now they have just been chilling in this goddamn river. Why? I dont fucking know! Why did they go in the river? I don't know! As far as I can tell they just charged blindly into the river and then just sat there for the past month. Why they didnt climb out? Dont know. Has toady seriously calculated the chance for squads just falling into the river? This is the dumbest shit my holy lord god and our saviour his son.

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2018, 12:52:56 pm »

Well I found the squad!

They're in a fucking goddamn river. For the past month now they have just been chilling in this goddamn river. Why? I dont fucking know! Why did they go in the river? I don't know! As far as I can tell they just charged blindly into the river and then just sat there for the past month. Why they didnt climb out? Dont know. Has toady seriously calculated the chance for squads just falling into the river? This is the dumbest shit my holy lord god and our saviour his son.

They staged the first anti-Goblin offensive in eight hundred years, and probably the first successful one in recorded history. Damn right they're taking a vacation xD

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2018, 01:06:15 pm »

So I don't think the adventure mode method is going to work. They try to kill my poor human outsider for some reason. And if I bodyswap into one of the soldiers they just say. "Im sorry my duty is here". What duty? Pissing in a creek? Pissing in a creek that you've spent the past month in? Pissing in the creek thats filled with blood and vomit and ichor that you dragged with your stinky ass? I've run out of ideas and I might bitch-slap this computer at this point.

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2018, 02:22:26 pm »

Maybe you could piss them off and have them chase you out of the creek, get killed, then unretire the fortress after they're away from it?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »

So unfortunatly I tried your solution comicraider and it didn't work. The only solution I can see is bodyswapping into one of the militiamen teleporting away from the carnage and reitiring in the fort. Doing this for each individual soldier would probably take about 3 monthes of ingame time. Whoever is going next are you okay with that? I guess we'll have to end each year when I get each soldier back to Earthenhold.

Obsidian 1053

Quixotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2018, 08:40:40 am »

GPeter’s next, then me. If he can’t be reached, it’s fine with me. I’d rather wait until the best squad we have is working again! :P

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2018, 09:10:56 am »

You might want to go before me, I kinda broke my PC...  :'(  What a way to start 2019! As soon as I get it fixed, I will comeback (Using the forums through the mobile, sucks)
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Quixotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2018, 01:04:38 pm »

Looks like I’ve got the next turn, then. Hope your pc gets better. Yeah I’m willing to wait for the militia to function properly, but could I have the save or at least an the legends xml so I could acquaint myself with the world and stuff?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9