Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [IT'S BACK] Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game/Challenge)  (Read 16879 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game)
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2018, 03:07:31 pm »

Hope your pc gets better.
It's acctually quite simple. I didn't broke, but instead, is lacking a part. The processor to be exact. What happens is that a friend of mine has bought a new pc, but he bought the parts in different stores (wherever it was cheaper for each part), so no everything arrived at the same time. Right now, the only part that haven't arrived is his processor. I believe that you might alredy figure out where my processor is...

And I did break my laptop...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2018, 01:15:47 pm »

I'm happy with whoever taking a turn, as long as I get an update soon xD the suspense is killing me

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2018, 04:31:14 pm »

Well I have the save uploaded! I'm going to publish the fortress report tommorow

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tapllzz92f5f6d/AAB9cUCI6yyET30F9M9Hx07_a?dl=0
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2018, 04:32:34 pm »

And I looked in legends mode. One Swordsmaster got captured by goblins. I guess she took a bridge instead of partying with aye-aye men hookers and blow.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2018, 05:02:42 pm »

Alright, we stage a rescue mission THEN stick to salvaging supplies from Sunshield xD

Quixotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2018, 09:51:59 pm »

I’m probably going to be pretty hungover tomorrow, so I’ll try to get to it by Wednesday. DF is no fun with  a headache. Viva Earthenhold!

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2019, 02:44:22 pm »

Don't worry comicraider! I got all the aritifacts form Sunshield. So We'll be fine.

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2019, 07:08:04 pm »

Byoutiful. :3

I was gonna get around to building an above-ground barracks so the military doesn't suffer from cave adaptation, but that's a minor thing :P

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2019, 07:45:34 am »

Byoutiful. :3

I was gonna get around to building an above-ground barracks so the military doesn't suffer from cave adaptation, but that's a minor thing :P

Instead of having above-ground barracks to prevent cave-adaptation for the fighting above-ground. Why don't you bring the enemies below? And fight them where we Dwarves are used to live?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:53 pm »

I built the fort with a vault door so it could be shut in the event of an invasion, with an alert set so any non-military dwarves are sent back inside. The initial design is based around my tendency to keep the troops outside while they train, and the entryway's corridors lined with traps and atomsmashers in the event of attackers getting in before the door shuts :P

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2019, 02:31:46 pm »

What I usually do is have two Bridges as gates to make sure I can shut the fortress any time. Everytime the outer bridge is up, it reveals another passage, on that goes a long corridor filled with LOTS of traps, and then into a long hallway with channeled sides making some sort of bridge, at the end, an arena with all melle dwarves waiting, at the sides, fortifications so my markdwarves can shoot at anyone venturing through the bridge. And at the bottom should anyone fall, I usually build a bunch of cage traps, or I can leave a !!FUN!! surprise that I may have captured earlier if I'm feeling sadistic...

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2019, 01:10:50 pm »

I DO plan on capturing the dragon eventually, so I'll keep that in mind :P Once all the coins I've been smelting are exported the megabeasts will flock to us.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2019, 09:27:06 am »

So... apparently, our last overseer disappeared with all the documents reagrding the last year of the fortress... Maybe there was something in there that we shouldn't see? Anyway, I'm assuming the leadership here, to ensure not only the survival of the dwarvenkind, but also, our supremacy. So sit back, relax, let me play a little, and enjoy the report once it's ready, it will be !FUN!

So long story short, I just grabbed the save, as comicraider hopefully may just be having life problems right now, and I'm continuing from where he stopped.

Quixotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:39 am »

Sounds good to me. I won’t be able to get around to playing for a while. My right eye’s been giving me grief.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2019, 12:57:45 pm »

No life problems, I finished my term and I think UselessMcMiner is dealing with some irl stuff, the file I sent you is the one he posted when he finished, we're just awaiting an update and I fear imminent thread death if I don't get the ball rolling again in the meantime xD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9