Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [IT'S BACK] Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game/Challenge)  (Read 16730 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 08:36:39 pm »

So unfortunatly I couldent finish tonight. Life always gets in the way :P! But we've reached quite a few milestones! We had our first baby! And our first strange mood! And we have a colony of beetle people in the fort!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 06:05:09 am »

So unfortunatly I couldent finish tonight. Life always gets in the way :P! But we've reached quite a few milestones! We had our first baby! And our first strange mood! And we have a colony of beetle people in the fort!

I've been playing DF for over 7 years, and I still have no idea how you keep getting beetle people to turn up :P

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 08:46:14 am »

Well if you put me and DFHACK together. And I came up with a way to get beetle people citizens to my fort so I can do some !!SCIENCE!!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 09:01:53 pm »

See I use it for automining ore, autosaving and the occasional Legends file dump xD maybe the occasional god-tier Adventurer when I just want to screw around but yknow :P As long as they're not overpowered and aren't just wasting food, go ahead :P wonder if they can join the militia... >:3

Failing that, the idea of the Dwarves eventually being wiped out again and the remnants just being animal people sounds cool, it's basically what happened to the Elves. Their last settlement stuck around for a few years after their extinction thanks to a few animal people still living on one of the Forest Retreats.

...on that note, what commands do you use? :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:09:42 pm by comicraider »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2018, 10:00:30 pm »

Yeah I have two of them in the militia. One of them (my character) is the broker/expedition leader. And one is a clothier but sadly we dont have any cloth or pig tail seeds. So i'm going to dig into the caverns and see if I can find anything.

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »

All of the migrants in this year all the migrants are from Sunshield. And they are reliving the memories from sunshield. So we might need a therapist in the fort!

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 10:03:07 pm »

Actually we just got our first dwarves from the wilds! A 75 year old dwarf named Mistem Virginrope. He is a siege operator. And an 85 year old farmer named Zuglar Syrupcombat.

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 10:06:56 pm »

At least it's getting them away from those hillocks. They're right on the Goblins' doorstep out there. Same goes for the queen and her entourage, they holed up in the old capital which is currently occupied by a forgotten beast that has repelled every Goblin horde that has ever set foot there, I fear she's already dead.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 10:10:30 pm »

Well checking the civ screen her holy lady comicraider is still alive! And we've struck coal. I'm going to leave it here. It's getting kinda late. WAIT NEVERMIND! One pf our militiadwarves a swordsdwarf  named Mistem has given birth to a boy! Anyways i'm going to leave it here and finish it up tommorow.

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2018, 10:04:50 pm »

I really need to start checking genders when I assign military xD Last thing we need is Dwarves giving birth during combat.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2018, 10:20:06 pm »

Well i'll get into more detail when I make my post but lets just say the militia raided a dark pit... Anf they all came back with titles because they just killed every single goblin in there. I noticed one migrant had a very high tactics skill and assigned him to be the militia commander. And he lead the squad to slaughter. But he didnt kill a single goblin. Just let his army of 5 dwarves and 2 beetle people to do his dirty work. One goblin got almost all of his facial features torn out by the same dwarf who struck down Eyo Glowlarge! Kadol Leafnet or Kadol Leafnet the laborious spine of meanness.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:27:11 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 12:37:44 pm »

Also I just noticed that one of our sworddwarves Mistem Abyssgate brings her baby along with her while she slaughters hordes of goblins. I guess babysitters are too expensive!

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2018, 12:45:46 pm »

Excellent. So begins our retaliation. Do we have a rough estimate on the kill count? :P There's over 26,000 Goblins but yknow xD

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2018, 01:17:30 pm »

Well i'm noticing a problem. I'm currently attacking the civ that destroyed Sunshield but their sites are being reclaimed. Should I destroy the sites again?

Obsidian 1053

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2018, 02:21:43 pm »

They've got untold thousands, I imagine that'll keep happening. I'd say for now hold off on invasions and keep the militia training, maybe send them to Sunshield to recover some stuff. There's still a load of artifacts we made from the previous game there :3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9