Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: [IT'S BACK] Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game/Challenge)  (Read 16736 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game)
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2019, 01:11:34 pm »

I'm getting the ball roling tonight, don't worry, expect a report by the weekend
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2019, 10:13:40 pm »

Yeah, Double post, deal with it!

================================================================================================================================

So, our previous leader decided to burn all the documents and files regarding the last year of the fortress, I would consider that treason, and so I'm assuming the leadership from now on, like it or not!

Today I checked the leader room, and acctually managed to save few documents, one that caught my attention was this little map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Hillocks marked on the west is called Armorwines, and I got good news and bad news about it... The good news is that according to these documents, all our dwarves who were there, are alive. The bad news is:
Apparently they have been captured... We should make a top priority to rescue these poor dwarves from vile goblin hands!

Another thing that caught my attention was the Dark Goblin Fortress just south of the two Hillocks:

I couldn't help but notice that we're gonna have a HARD time dealing with that... Try to guess why:

Now, back to Earthenhold, I just noticed that our drinks supply is equal to 0 which by itself is something that is making me want to kill myself, but I'm stronger than this! We will prevail! Damm I need a drink...

Anyway, I gave order to our brewer to start producing booze RIGHT NOW

==============================================================================================================================

So, I think I've encoutered a bug here:

I'm pretty sure these dwarves were not supposed to be there, last time I checked, ghosts were the only thing capable of moving trough solid walls... If this is a bug, I need help cause I'm a total noob when it comes to bug. Should I dig there to realease the poor bastards?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2019, 12:10:54 am »

*sigh* I told them retiring would have dire consequences xD I had a similar thing with cats in an older fortress, you'll pretty much have to either dig them out or teleport them with DFHack.

...Oh lord, all the cabinets and furniture will have been moved around if the fort got retired xD the barracks is gonna need re-instating, it was in the slightly larger room attacked to the militia commander's quarters.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:45:11 am by comicraider »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:40 am »

Honestly, what worries me more is that captured Hillocks... Can I send a raid mission to release prisoners and get them to become my population?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2019, 09:40:36 pm »

Let's hold off for the minute, the few bits of info we got from Useless mentioned sending out raiding parties and killing a good number of goblins, but we got the travelling forever bug. It was retiring the fort to try and find where our boys were that led to half our populace phasing into the walls xD

Once our militia is bigger and better trained, we'll start reclaiming land and rescuing the others :3

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2019, 04:50:12 am »

Try not to get everyone killed.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2019, 06:16:57 am »

I'll try to use fastdwarf teleport to see if they can get out of the walls. I really don't want to dig there, as it will kill the aesthetics...

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2019, 12:00:19 pm »

I can't even advise, since when this happened to me it was with cats. If anything I was in the middle of a catsplosion so it worked in our favour. I got it under control, but to this day the very stone that Skinnedseals was carved from has been permeated with cats, seemingly rendered immortal or unable to starve by their entombment. Waiting. One day they shall return and wreak havoc upon the Mountainhome once more.

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2019, 07:07:23 pm »

Hey, can I sign up for a turn as Overseer/Mayor/El Presidorfte/whatever?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2019, 01:44:00 am »

Sure :) I'll add you to the overseer list.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2019, 10:17:33 am »

Any luck extracting the dwarves from the walls? I wanna free these cats in my other fort so I'm waiting to see if a method has been unearthed... pun slightly intended :P

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2019, 07:43:22 pm »

Did they dieded?

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2019, 09:56:28 pm »

Did they dieded?
The goblins got 'em. Earthenhold is dead, press F to pay respects.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2019, 08:10:43 pm »

Alternatively, Earthenhold is haunted. Overseers just...vanish. Usnuspstrasp has its very own Bermuda Triangle.

I could make this a gimmick, have Overseers go in blind, post their findings while giving little to nothing away of their own additions, then pass the save on :P

Failing that, if I ever revive my old Silverypainted save I'll do just this, that fortress is friggin' cursed either wa- wait, I accidentally circus in that fort. Never mind xD
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:14:50 pm by comicraider »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2019, 12:32:01 pm »

Brace yourselves, thread death is coming...

I was thinking about illustrating some of the stuff from peoples' entries here, but I can't draw for shit :P ah, well. Maybe I'll just narrate my own fort later on and illustrate that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9