Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [IT'S BACK] Return of the Dwarves vol.2: Earthenhold (Succession Game/Challenge)  (Read 16943 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile

As one of the previous Overseers who supposedly died, I must apologize, but I got a new job, lost a pc (Already got a new one) and I'm preparing to go to college, so I kinda had to give games some time, just fell bad that I forgot to warn you guys. But hey, I'm back now! When I go to college I should have some more time than right now so, expect to see more of me. Also, do you guys trust me a second chance as Overseer?

Be my guest, as long as the updated save is dropped off if you disappear again :P I initially found the idea of not posting an update and leaving it to the next guy to do the guesswork and then take his year and do the same to be an amusing gimmick, but it happened so often I lost track of the save after a while, I'm not even sure whose round this version of the save was on before I sent it to applet, it had been sitting in my dropbox forever, Might have even been my initial turn :P

As of now, I still have little time, and could only be able to play in the weekends. If that's not a problem, then I'm good. But then again, I should get some more free time in a couple of weeks.

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as you let us know about any delays etc. just in case :)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Save is up for grabs?? Can I finally make an adventurer?
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go for it, applet should be just about to post the save or feel free to grab the save I posted :)

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: FakerFangirl nolink=topic=172763.msg7984414#msg7984414 date=1560809569

Go for it, applet should be just about to post the save or feel free to grab the save I posted :)

Uuuhh. Did I not post the save in the second update post? Am I insane?
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

You did, you did. Wasn't sure if I'm allowed to retire fort or someone else took the save without posting. Really wanna bash some gobbos.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're taking mine go ahead and retire/smash :P I think applet's putting the "current" save up on DFFD as we speak.

I was gonna make a separate thread for the adventurers but with how much this thread has fluctuated I decided not to risk it :P

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile

As one of the previous Overseers who supposedly died, I must apologize, but I got a new job, lost a pc (Already got a new one) and I'm preparing to go to college, so I kinda had to give games some time, just fell bad that I forgot to warn you guys. But hey, I'm back now! When I go to college I should have some more time than right now so, expect to see more of me. Also, do you guys trust me a second chance as Overseer?

Be my guest, as long as the updated save is dropped off if you disappear again :P I initially found the idea of not posting an update and leaving it to the next guy to do the guesswork and then take his year and do the same to be an amusing gimmick, but it happened so often I lost track of the save after a while, I'm not even sure whose round this version of the save was on before I sent it to applet, it had been sitting in my dropbox forever, Might have even been my initial turn :P

As of now, I still have little time, and could only be able to play in the weekends. If that's not a problem, then I'm good. But then again, I should get some more free time in a couple of weeks.

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as you let us know about any delays etc. just in case :)

I think I will wait till I get more free time to get it, as I want to make one hell of a return!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I will wait till I get more free time to get it, as I want to make one hell of a return!

Could this be a sign that the lost overseers are one by one being returned from the void? :P

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Comicraider is the intention to continue fort mode in the same save after adventure mode shenanigans?

I think that would be pretty cool and possibly useful to world conquest. But I'm not sure about the logistics or how long adventure mode usually takes. I mean I know fairly well how long a year takes / can take in Fort mode. But I guess there is no natural such limit in adventure mode? I've barely strated adventure mode to be honest...
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Comicraider is the intention to continue fort mode in the same save after adventure mode shenanigans?

I think that would be pretty cool and possibly useful to world conquest. But I'm not sure about the logistics or how long adventure mode usually takes. I mean I know fairly well how long a year takes / can take in Fort mode. But I guess there is no natural such limit in adventure mode? I've barely strated adventure mode to be honest...

I've got no idea either. But FakerFangirl took the same save you did so they're probably gonna be branching stories.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got no idea either. But FakerFangirl took the same save you did so they're probably gonna be branching stories.

Really? Unless there was a problem with my save I suppose...
Ledpaddled

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't sure if your save had been posted yet, that's my bad :P It might be helpful either way, since Sunshield got absolutely rekt within a month of retiring to start Earthenhold. The initial plan was to do all the adventurer stuff after Earthenhold was finished but with how this thread has been going that might not happen.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I posted it in the second update. It was a bit ago (Edit: when I posted it), maybe you skimmed over it?

Multiple timelines isn't the end of the world either way though
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:55:07 am by applet »
Ledpaddled

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I must have missed it.

Either way, there haven't been any humans on Usnuspstrasp for nearly a thousand years, there's likely no human-sized gear anywhere in the world unless FakerFangirl wants to take the necromancers on and steal some zombie clothes.

Plan was for Sunshield to divert some of it's steel and potential adamantine to making human-sized gear for Adventurers, since that mode only has Outsiders available. That didn't quite get started.

She's gonna be in for some FUN.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Sounds like a go. Alright save file is claimed by me!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9