Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Get Some Light Exorcise [ISG]  (Read 26516 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets see if we can get it to follow us using just the pinwheel, if that doesn't work do one of the other things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Do those markings on the outer walls represent windows? If so we might be able to open them up and shoo it out somehow.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it looks like the far window on the bottom left of the map would be the easiest to lead/shoo out the wind spirit without being in sight of the counter. If we can, open that window. (As I said before, the back alley labeled "concrete" doesn't feel attractive enough.) If it's a nice day maybe even ask one of the librarians to do it, so it's all official-like.

After that, it's experiment time. Waving the hand fan about might look a bit odd but seems least likely to cause a complaint. If we wave it at the geist, does it try to follow where we point the breeze or does it try to blow wind back against us? In the first case we can try to lead it out the window by pointing our breeze in that direction; in the latter case we would have to point away from the window and back up (I see this ending with us throwing the fan out the window for it to chase). Both ways I like the idea of leaving the pinwheel outside in the space marked garden as extra enticement to go out the window. Try to hug the far left wall, away from the librarians.

As far as Plan B stuff we can try (quietly) leaving a line of rocks down the middle left aisle, right along the ends of the shelves and also put some rocks atop the shelf ends, to encourage the geist to keep to the far left. I don't know if we can pull it off surreptitiously, however. Depends on how many other people are about.

Lets see if we can get it to follow us using just the pinwheel, if that doesn't work do one of the other things.

You know what, if it does want to follow / play with the pinwheel, that's probably easier than the whole thing I cooked up. We could either lead it to the window and try the "fetch" thing, or even walk it right out the front door. People might give us a glance or two but we'd be leaving anyway.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:10:44 am by mightymushroom »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

So it looks like the far window on the bottom left of the map would be the easiest to lead/shoo out the wind spirit without being in sight of the counter. If we can, open that window.
You know what, if it does want to follow / play with the pinwheel, that's probably easier than the whole thing I cooked up. We could either lead it to the window and try the "fetch" thing, or even walk it right out the front door. People might give us a glance or two but we'd be leaving anyway.
Do those markings on the outer walls represent windows? If so we might be able to open them up and shoo it out somehow.

Well, time to take the pinwheel for a spin.

It's Magic, I Ain't Gotta Explain 屁 Roll: 4 [Success]

...well, that was easier than expected. Now I just take my wildly spinning pinwheel to a window and let it out, right? Without anyone asking weird questions.

Hmm. This is not as convenient as I'd hoped. It looks like a simple self-locking latch, though, so I can probably just jimmy it...

Deftness: 2 + 0 [Failure]

Uhhh. So the pinwheel is on the floor, the spirit is wondering why it won't spin any more, the window is still thoroughly locked, and that was pretty loud.

1.  > Quickly grab the pinwheel off the floor and hope the spirit doesn't freak out! Then go for the door.
2.  > Play it cool. Pick up the pinwheel and move away, act like nothing happened. Try again in a minute.
3.  > _                       

Spoiler: Meta (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to have you back Arx :) Feel free to take as long as you need on your awesome artwork. A good, slow game is better than a fast, rushed one that stresses you out.

Anyway, I think we should go with number 1) Quickly grab the pinwheel off the floor and hope the spirit doesn't freak out! Then go for the door.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Choice number one for sure.
Might want to move back among the shelves and circle around casually toward the door rather than just bolting for freedom. (but don't try the window again)

Without anyone asking weird questions.

Who would ask questions? Either it's battery powered or they're crazy. Just be cool, Mel, nobody's gonna freak out unless you start freaking out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile

If we're running and holding a spinning pinwheel, it doesn't look strange because of course the pinwheel spinning is the natural result of us running.
On the other hand, running in a library is probably frowned upon regardless.

Pick it up, quickly but not urgently, and walk out the front door at a brisk and even pace while waving the pinwheel playfully.

Sure, we will look like a crazy person, but if we don't make trouble for anyone looking like a crazy person isn't too terrible or uncommon.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we're running and holding a spinning pinwheel, it doesn't look strange because of course the pinwheel spinning is the natural result of us running.

Pick it up, quickly but not urgently, and walk out the front door at a brisk and even pace while waving the pinwheel playfully.

Sure, we will look like a crazy person, but if we don't make trouble for anyone looking like a crazy person isn't too terrible or uncommon.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

+1
+1
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Drag it through the mud? [ISG]
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2019, 09:21:46 am »

+1
+1
+1

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Drag it through the mud? [ISG]
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2019, 02:29:47 pm »

[Warning: quality may drop dramatically]

+1
+1
+1

[I hope this works: 2]

...well, darn. That didn't work the way I wanted it to. Now the spirit's slamming its head against the window like an oversized, underweight fly.

>_

Spoiler: Meta (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Updates Every Three Months [ISG]
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2019, 02:32:35 pm »

Open the window

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2019, 02:48:55 pm »

I wish I could draw something that decent in just 28 minutes.

I concur with Naturegirl, let's open the window. Quickly. The librarian will probably be annoyed with us regardless, so let's at least finish the job.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2019, 03:27:31 pm »

Open the window, follow the spirit. See what it's after.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2019, 04:30:20 pm »

Open the window, follow the spirit. See what it's after.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15