Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Get Some Light Exorcise [ISG]  (Read 26194 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Tuition Fees/The Supernatural/Freelancing: Updates Every Three Months [ISG]
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2019, 03:51:37 am »

Open the window, follow the spirit. See what it's after.
+1
+1

The window is locked!

Flashback Scene!

And I couldn't jimmy the lock. I could try again I suppose.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2019, 04:30:15 am »

Lets try to jimmy the lock again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2019, 03:03:06 pm »

-5 insanity penalty incoming?  :v

I can't quite tell what's going on here, can we just go out the door? Do that maybe.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2019, 04:30:26 pm »

Go outside, meet the spirit with the pinwheel.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2019, 04:36:27 pm »

Go outside, meet the spirit with the pinwheel.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2019, 06:39:24 am »

I can't quite tell what's going on here

State of play!

The spirit is still stuck inside, bashing its head against the window. It can't pass through solid objects! I could go around there, but I don't think it'll help.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2019, 07:37:00 am »

Open the window, failing that, break the window

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2019, 08:59:41 am »

-11 No, no, no we can't break the window! The very last thing we want is to be caught vandalizing the library.

The geist is upset and wants out badly. Our mission from the Council is to get rid of it; our self-imposed mission is to herd it outside instead of walloping it with magic. In either case we have to do our best to maintain magical secrecy.

The good news is that despite the loud noise we made earlier it doesn't seem like anyone is coming to investigate. The bad news is that I'm not sure how to lead the geist away from the window on the path to the door. I'm afraid that the 'chasing' options with stones and such would only put it into a greater frenzy. I almost want to say show it our map.

It can't pass through solid objects! I could go around there, but I don't think it'll help.
Heh, maybe that's not too bad an idea, Mei. If we could physically demonstrate to the geist that we know how to get in and out safely, perhaps it would pay attention and follow. We might need to calm it down, talk smoothly and softly like with the baby wind that it is. Once it's quieter, then kind of point toward the door and then walk around. Show up on the outside of the window, wave and say hi, point back toward the door. Go back inside. I know it doesn't understand words but maybe with a few repetitions it will catch on that there is a secret passage of sorts.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2019, 09:22:41 am »

-11 No, no, no we can't break the window! The very last thing we want is to be caught vandalizing the library.

The geist is upset and wants out badly. Our mission from the Council is to get rid of it; our self-imposed mission is to herd it outside instead of walloping it with magic. In either case we have to do our best to maintain magical secrecy.

The good news is that despite the loud noise we made earlier it doesn't seem like anyone is coming to investigate. The bad news is that I'm not sure how to lead the geist away from the window on the path to the door. I'm afraid that the 'chasing' options with stones and such would only put it into a greater frenzy. I almost want to say show it our map.

It can't pass through solid objects! I could go around there, but I don't think it'll help.
Heh, maybe that's not too bad an idea, Mei. If we could physically demonstrate to the geist that we know how to get in and out safely, perhaps it would pay attention and follow. We might need to calm it down, talk smoothly and softly like with the baby wind that it is. Once it's quieter, then kind of point toward the door and then walk around. Show up on the outside of the window, wave and say hi, point back toward the door. Go back inside. I know it doesn't understand words but maybe with a few repetitions it will catch on that there is a secret passage of sorts.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2019, 11:33:10 am »

Sure, let's go for that.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2019, 12:19:02 am »

Sounds good to me.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15